PDA

View Full Version : Bush showing signs of stress, something else?

Moogs
2004-05-24, 19:33
Go to the NYT front page and hit refresh until you see a picture of push. There are strange markings on his handsand chin (the ones on his palm almost look like cigarette burns). Wierd... does anyone know if he's had some moles removed or some such? Usually the press is made aware of minor procedures like that.

FFL
2004-05-24, 19:47
He fell off his mountain bike while on one of his famous working vacations on the Crawford TX ranch, and scraped his face all up with booboos.

Ya know the old cliche, "easy as riding a bike?"

Apparently that's too hard for our Feckless Leader.

Press Coverage (http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&edition=us&ie=UTF-8&newsclusterurl=http://english.chosun.com/w21data/html/news/200405/200405240023.html)

Moogs
2004-05-24, 23:25
Heheh. That'd do it.

Maybe he should've used training wheels.

Naderfan
2004-05-25, 00:00
Actually, I read somewhere (forgot where) that Kerry made a quip like that...something like "what, did the training wheels fall off?" but it wasn't really on the record. Wish I could find that again.

curiousuburb
2004-05-25, 00:01
two wheels side-by-side (segway) : nope.
two wheels inline (bicycle) : nope

brutally attacked by the terrorist ground twice.

coming soon...

War on Gravity

DMBand0026
2004-05-25, 00:27
Yeah, I read about this in Time Magazine. Had a good laugh even though I really like and respect the guy. The pretzel thing was funny too, haha.

NosferaDrew
2004-05-25, 01:35
coming soon...

War on Gravity
:D

hyperb0le
2004-05-25, 01:40
two wheels side-by-side (segway) : nope.
two wheels inline (bicycle) : nope

brutally attacked by the terrorist ground twice.

coming soon...

War on Gravity

Nice. I actually laughed out loud at that one.

SKMDC
2004-05-25, 03:48
scrapes cuts and bruises are actually badges of honor for mountain bikers.
this incident actually makes me like the poor old sod somewhat.
but man he is sooo screwed.
many times when you're out on the trails your mind begins to drift instead of concentrating on your line.
his last thoughts before going over the handlebars (an endo, for non-bikers) were probably something like...."it was all going so well....how did i end up in this sh......." (whomp!)

stoo
2004-05-25, 07:48
I thought an endo was where your weight pitches forward but you manage to avoid going over your handlebars, winning you the admiration of onlookers.

SKMDC
2004-05-25, 08:18
it's a case where we're both right.endo n. the maneuver of flying unexpectedly over the handlebars, thus being forcibly ejected from the bike. Short for "end over end". "I hit that rock and went endo like nobody's business." See "superman". In BMX riding, "endo" used to be a synonym for front wheelie.
i never rode BMX, but i once endo'd at the lakefront bike-path and belmont avenue looking at a babe.
man was my face red, blood, embarrassment underneath.

by the way the definition comes from here (http://world.std.com/~jimf/biking/slang.html)

EDS66
2004-05-26, 21:43
Go to the NYT front page and hit refresh until you see a picture of push. There are strange markings on his handsand chin (the ones on his palm almost look like cigarette burns). Wierd... does anyone know if he's had some moles removed or some such? Usually the press is made aware of minor procedures like that.

The guy is a recovering alchoholic. Who is to say that he did not fall off the wagon rather than his bike and in the process damaged his visage a little bit?

Besides, a man with Bush's interocular distance should not be riding bikes anyway. His peripheral vision must be very, very poor. Maybe that's what explains his myopic approach to all things political.

I really don't like the guy...

Moogs
2004-05-27, 08:45
Bertle-fickle!

War on Gravity.... LMAO.

psmith2.0
2004-05-27, 08:51
Well, if our every move, word, action, thought, statement, eye-blink, throat-clearing and shoulder-shrug were denounced, assailed, questioned, second-guessed, torn apart, mocked, ridiculed, flamed and debated, we'd probably look like hell too.

Goes with the territory of being the Most Hated Guy Ever™, I suppose.

Or it could be that bike thing.

;)

Moogs
2004-05-27, 08:53
This thread is a traves-sham-ockery!

DMBand0026
2004-05-27, 08:58
scrapes cuts and bruises are actually badges of honor for mountain bikers.
this incident actually makes me like the poor old sod somewhat.
but man he is sooo screwed.
many times when you're out on the trails your mind begins to drift instead of concentrating on your line.
his last thoughts before going over the handlebars (an endo, for non-bikers) were probably something like...."it was all going so well....how did i end up in this sh......." (whomp!)

That is true. I've been mountain biking for a few years now, my arms and legs are scared up. It's not all that bad, and I've gotten better since my early days when I would "eat it" on a regular basis.

Sounds like Bush may be a newbie at the biking thing, either that or he just took a spill...but it's funnier to think of it the other way around. :)

SKMDC
2004-05-27, 12:05
17 miles would be a pretty long haul for a newbie.
although president bush seems to be extremely fit. (just not for office)