PDA

View Full Version : Apple Hardware trade-in?

Michael P.
2007-10-29, 18:13
Can somebody tell me about this? On another forum, someone mentioned that Apple has a used computer trade in program providing credit, and apparently accepts PC's. I did not know about this. Is this correct? I just bought an MBP for myself, and I plan on getting my wife a MacBook for Christmas and eventually replacing our desktop with an iMac, and this would probably be very helpful if true.

Taskiss
2007-10-29, 18:56
It's apparently only for educational customers.
http://www.apple.com/education/shop/recycle/faq.html

Michael P.
2007-10-29, 19:46
Well, drat--I am college faculty (grad student teacher), but I think they mean institutional trade ins. I guess that means I have to deal with Craigslist or eBay. Unless anyone can recommend a sales venue...

Michael P.
2007-11-04, 17:31
You know, I actually posted a reply--thanks, in essence--about a week ago. It never showed up. So, thanks again.

artesc
2007-11-06, 18:51
I'm actually looking to sell a new macbook I got, the one that just came out, a white 2.2 one. I trying to sell for 1050 because i want to get a macbook pro instead and i don't want to pay the restocking fee. which reminds me, if i were to go the apple store with this macbook i just bought a week ago with the intention of buying a new macbook pro, would they still charge me the restocking fee (which is how much again)

thanks!

FFL
2007-11-06, 19:52
If you want to trade in a week-old unit in good condition with all packaging in order to upgrade, you will most likely get by without the restocking fee.

artesc
2007-11-08, 17:29
unfortunately...I did not "get by" oh well...sigh.