PDA

View Full Version : Jobs' Potential Jobs

tarzan
2004-11-22, 20:33
This was thought to be funny, but the subject had already come up on the boards, so nevermind. Can't delete. Laugh again, if you want. Whatever.

------

Now that The Leader has made domination of Apple and Pixar at the same time look so freeking easy, what's next for him? Why not Disney?! Hey, they need SOMEone to replace Eisner - why not the Leader? He 'could' do all three jobs at the same time, right? Plus, thanks to Pixar, he's already making Disney more money than Eisner has been creating for them, so why not just combine the darn companies together. Let Steve run 'em all.

/start fantasy/

hmmm... wouldn't this be one way to guarantee QT's broadcast acceptance, by Apple taking over one of the broadcast networks: epsn, abc, et al ? Instant H.264 from Soundstage to Desktop TV. Talk about a Digital Hub.

Wife Swap: Switch My OS, Please!
America's Funniest Home iMovies
Extreme Makeover: iLife Edition

ok, tired
/end fantasy/

The Leader for Head Mouskateer. yay!

BenRoethig
2004-11-23, 09:50
If Jobs does go to Disney, I think he'll remain on the board, but I think he'll hand the reigns of Apple over to Schiller. He'd be spreading himself way too thin.

DMBand0026
2004-11-23, 20:14
It won't happen. As cool as it would be, he's already CEO of two companies that are doing extremely well.

That's too much for the poor guy. (And I use "poor" lightly :lol:)

bassplayinMacFiend
2004-11-24, 07:50
It won't happen. As cool as it would be, he's already CEO of two companies that are doing extremely well.

That's too much for the poor guy. (And I use "poor" lightly :lol:)

What if Disney bought Pixar & Steve became the CEO? Wouldn't be the first time ...

BenRoethig
2004-11-24, 08:56
Disney is more than just Walt Disney pictures. It also owns ABC, ESPN, Miramax pictures, and a few other things. When running a media empire like that, he wouldn't have much time to think let alone run Apple as well.

Brad
2004-11-24, 09:08
Bingo. Disney is magnitudes bigger than Pixar could ever hope to be. Steve needs to be able to micromanage far more than he ever could with Disney.

oldmacfan
2004-11-24, 15:57
As bloated as Disney is, maybe Steve could put them on a diet. Then he could Micro manage the death out of them. Happy thanksgiving

dfiler
2004-11-24, 16:04
I think at this point it isn't about the power or money. At his age, people tend to start thinking of their legacy.

It seems that Pixar would make far better products by maintaining their relative independance. From what I gather of the company, the bottom line isn't the only bottom line.

The same corporate culture can be observed at the apple campus. People are thrilled by their work and recognition of work well done. While business isn't ignored, many people prefer to work in an environment where money isn't the only consideration. (Shhh, don't turn me into the DoHLS for being unamerican. ;) ) Overtime, if fostered correctly, this approach is profitable. No need to sacrifice Pixar's corporate culture to capatalistic dieties. :)