PDA

View Full Version : Unreal 2K4 Update

Ebby
2004-05-25, 00:19
EDIT: Looks like the links I post all go to the same page. So to make it easy...
This link should always point to the latest update. (http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/14155)

Don't know if anyone who moved over here plays UT2K4, but there is yet another update. Many, many things changed.

HOWEVER THERE IS A CATCH!
Found this in the readme AFTER I installed.
Make MacOS version prevent user from ejecting the game DVD while game is running. (Tell your friends to get their own copy for your next LAN party. Sorry.)

But PC users can play now play without the DVD.
:( Uncool Guys.

Download links (http://www.3dgamers.com/dl/games/unrealtourn2k4/ut2004-macpatch3204.dmg.bz2.html)

More Info (http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/14155)

Ebby
2004-06-12, 12:15
Some of you may remember me complaining about a sound bug ever since the demo came out. Now there is an unofficial hack. (http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/15182)

I installed and it fixed worked! I'm a happy camper now. :cool:

Cybermonkey
2004-06-12, 12:20
Can't you just create a disk image from the dvd and have it mounted to play?

Luca
2004-06-12, 12:35
Yes. But you have to mount it with Toast. Mounting it by simply double clicking at letting Disk Copy (or DiskImageMounter, in Panther) take care of it won't work. Actually, that's what I do with mine. I do own it, but it's a pain to take out the disc every time I want to play, and I have plenty of extra hard drive space, so I just keep it on my hard drive.

Ebby
2004-06-17, 10:06
Another update. HERE (http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/14155) is a list of bug fixes and a download link.

There are so many changes that I never read them all. :p

Akumulator
2004-06-18, 12:21
Great... now if I could only get the damn thing to install. I've had this game for a few weeks and still no go. Support isn't any help. :(

Xaqtly
2004-06-18, 12:53
What happens when you try to install it?

Akumulator
2004-06-18, 21:42
It quits half way through when it gets to the textures. They sent me another disc and it still happens at the exact same point during installation.

MCQ
2004-06-19, 13:29
It quits half way through when it gets to the textures. They sent me another disc and it still happens at the exact same point during installation.

Don't know if this will help, someone else who had a similar problem on the textures at Versiontracker said there was an updated installer here:
http://icculus.org/cgi-bin/finger/finger.pl?user=icculus

It didn't work for them, but maybe it will help you.

Akumulator
2004-06-19, 15:01
Thanks anyway. It still didn't work. The only thing support is offering me is an exchange for another game.... they won't even give me a refund. Bastards. :(

staph
2004-06-19, 16:40
Thanks anyway. It still didn't work. The only thing support is offering me is an exchange for another game.... they won't even give me a refund. Bastards. :(

Try reporting it directly to Ryan Gordon... he's apparently reasonably responsive, so long as you're polite and explain your problem clearly.

Ebby
2004-08-16, 16:46
Grab here (http://www.macupdate.com/download.php/14155/ut2004-macpatch3236.dmg.bz2.html).

What's New:

<SNIP> Read HERE (http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/14155). Its long!

Luca
2004-08-16, 17:21
Nice! If you hadn't posted this I wouldn't have known to update, Ebby. I'll see if it's any Snappier™. Probably still runs bad though (despite having a 1.33 GHz G4 + Radeon 9800 :mad: )

Ebby
2004-09-14, 23:27
It's that time again.

Another UPDATE (http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/14155) is here.

Not as many bug fixes as the other updates, but there are some additions. (Water effects, tank shots, so they say)

Akumulator
2004-10-15, 13:12
I finally tried again after all this time to install it and finally it's installed. I had to log in as Root to do it.

I found this small disc image for Toast if anyone's interested... so you don't have to put in the DVD.

http://homepage.mac.com/leopoldporkstacker/.Public/UT2004NoCD.toast.zip

Ebby
2004-11-23, 00:13
Ding Ding Ding!

Its that time again. The new update is 3339. It adds some new maps and vehicles.

EDIT: SHWEEET!!! I just tested a new vehicle. Definatly download.

Funny thing though. I was on the UT2004 website YESTERDAY and they showed updates for Win and Linux but not Mac. I got ticked and hunted down all the extras I could and manually installed them. Guess I should have waited a day. :lol:

NOTABLE CHANGES OVER 3323 PATCH:

Onslaught related:

Added a gunner indicator for the Cicada.
Onslaught low skill bot AI tweaks
Max lifespan for shot down ONSMortarCamera
Fixed regular dust showing when Manta jumps over water
Fixed Cicada staying above StallZ if driver switches to gunner position
Fixed SPMA engine sound volume
Tweaked powercore destruction and electricity sounds
Improved artillery explosion effect
Don't call destroyed powercore "green powercore" in scoreboard (after round ends)

General Gameplay:

Fixed Berserk combo (properly turns client side weapon changes on and off)
Fixed quadjump mutator in multiplay (was only allowing regular double jump on first jump)
Fixed gamespeed mutator "sticking" in instant action games
Don't let Cicada passengers carry flag (for VCTF)
Added OnslaughtBP.UCL to patch so bonus pack mutators will show up
Fixed problem with landing view shake sometimes not working at very low frame rates
Fixed bug where not all actors got NotifyTeamChanged() when client team changed
Assault objective announcements can come from packages other than AssaultAnnouncer
IonCannonKillVolume bug fixes
Don't allow players to change teams if team sizes are equal if bPlayersBalanceTeams is true
Fixed team balancing code bug
Fixed footstep sounds playing while in vehicle where driver isn't visible if enter while running
Removed obsolete weapon debugging code
Localization fixes for Italian, French, German, and Spanish
No log or console message when player enters or leaves team, public, or local channels
Fixed F3/F8 stats now shows all players in list
Don't limit suiciding to 10 second interval in standalone games

Demo recording:

Fixed client-side demo recording of vehicles

Networking:

Fix for clients unable to connect with "Incompatible Games Files" message
Fixed WebAdmin play list and mid game menu to report the proper ping.
Fixed resetting initial position of saved move when moves are combined
Increased min idle kick time to 30 seconds
Never idle kick player if only human in game
Moved gamespeed option in URL parsing to after mutator spawning, so gamespeed can be set from URL
More speedhack detection tweaks (less false positives)
Server CPU use improvements relative to last patch
Consider CPU saturation in determining whether to do extra work on server to reduce bandwidth use for low bandwidth clients
Don't allow clients less than 3320 to connect to servers with OnslaughtBP.
Fixed server crash when using bonus vehicles mutator.
Fix for client-side crash caused by DynamicLoadObject problem uncovered by interaction of AntiTCC with certain other mutators.
Fix for annoying server browser bug (not showing correct initial game type).
Fix for team VOIP channels in large games

Menus:

Fixed map list menu problems with bonus vehicles and custom link setups.

Anyways, grab it while its hot.

Ebby
2005-02-22, 18:12
LATEST UPDATE
Its that time again. We're up to 3355 now.

The biggest reason to update:
NO MORE DVD INSERTION REQUIREMENT!
'Bout frikkin time. :p

Linky is at the top of the page as usual. :cool:

(The server seems a bit swamped at the moment so I am hosting a torrent (http://sporknet.game-server.cc/~web/ut2004-macpatch3355.dmg.bz2.torrent))
NOTABLE CHANGES OVER 3339 PATCH:

MacOS-specific:

DVD check removed. You can play ut2004 without having the disc inserted, now. You will still need a valid and unique CD key to play the game, however, so tell your friends that ut2004 is still on sale wherever fine Mac games are sold.
Included UTV support.
Included some bits of the editor package to fix some unsupported mods. This is NOT UnrealEd, please don't write in asking how to use the level editor.

General Gameplay:

Fixed stuttering/snagging/sinking into static meshes in some places on clients in net games
Improved getting out of water
Fixed FaceClassic teleporter exploit
The Cicada hud indicators should now show up in all game modes.
Fixed SPMA causing damage at world origin.
Fixed not being able to exit raptor when it's on the ground
Fixed (for assault) the energy core always showing on the HUD even if it not the current objective (thanks AngelMapper)

Networking:

Server performance improvements
Cheating detection improvements, with shorter time for master server ban detection
Integration of UTAN bans with UT2004 master server. Admins can opt out by adding bIgnoreUTANBans=true to [IpDrv.MasterServerUplink]
Fixed potential garbage collection crash when changing levels during network games
Improved caching of server data for when you can't connect to the master server.
UTV updated (netspeed fix).
Better Client->Server->MS Error Messages

Demo Recording:

Added code to insure StopDemo is executed before a map change or game exit
Remove 8x from the demo playback menu. The engine has problems with that speed.
Fixed bug in Demo Playback menu that caused the Play/Pause button to be out of sync
Added Demo playback jog keys to the console.

Left Cursor slows down playback (1/4x -> 1/2x)
Right cursor speeds ups playback (2x -> 4x)
Up/Down cursor resets to 1x
Disable by settings bDemoJogKeys=false in [XInterface.ExtendedConsole]

Engine:

Improved level loading speed, especially on network clients
Fixed calling SetBase(NULL) on all attached actors when an actor is destroyed

Menus:

Model select page now properly selects the current character when you open it.
Korean localization updates.
VCTF now appears in server browser, even if you don't already have any VCTF maps installed.
Added code to sync the Stream (MP3) volume with normal music volume.

Xaqtly
2005-02-22, 19:53
Rock. Gonna DL it, make sure it works... then go back to playing World of Warcraft. :D

Ebby
2005-12-04, 23:38
Woops! I missed an update. Well, here is another hot off the press.

*BUMP*
MacOS-specific:

Render-to-texture! On 10.4.3 and later systems, you can get realistic shadows, motion blur, the Hellbender license plate, etc. Please see the notes at the end of this document for details on enabling them.
Shadows and other dynamic projectors now render on static meshes and terrain.
Weather effects should have the correct color, now.
Fixed permissions problem that prevented game from starting when run by a user other than the one that installed the game.
Mods launched with the "-MOD" command line will now show the correct splash screen.
Patch program now works without graphics (if you want to patch your dedicated server on a remote Xserver over secure-shell, for example). Please see the notes at the end of this document for details.
General Gameplay:

Fixed DriverLeft() not be called when driver dies in vehicle without vehicle being destroyed. This fixes the vehicle not resetting, and fixes effects like the engine sound not being turned off.
Fixed some vehicle weapon effects staying around when bots stopped firing them.
Fixed spider mine layer incorrectly reducing mine count when a fired spider mine immediately explodes.
Fixed manta and raptor spinning sometimes when player enters
SPMA camera explodes if it hits water.
Don't allow SPMA camera view to go outside world.
Invasion HUD radar uses the viewed pawn's rotation rather than the spectator's rotation.
Fixed low gravity not working properly in second and successive rounds of onslaught.
Moved announcements for assault energycore to ASOBJ_EnergyCore_Spawn, and made them editable by level designers.
Fixed spawning multiple energycores in Assault.
Can now throw linkgun with 1 ammo left.
Fixed exploit where shieldgun could be used to protect against lava or slime volume damage.
Fixed CTF Flags not returning exploit
Fixed stats tracking when a player switches between a spectator and active player (or vice-versa)
Networking:

Various networking serialization optimizations.
Fixed issues where players would not properly be sent to the Spectating state on clients.
Fix for eyeheight getting screwed up on client
Server optimization - players don't do line of sight checks with each other
Don't replicate pawn.ViewPitch to netowner
Fixed CTF flag not properly attaching to vehicles on net clients.
Made CD key hashes sent by clients more secure.
Fixed various exploits.
Merged Michiel Hendrick's HTTP redirect code improvements.
Merged Fix for Map Vote Bug that cut off some chat text
Merged Fix for Map Vote Bug that caused the window to open twice
Prevent crash exploit (which was fixed) from being propagated to unpatched clients.
Engine:

Return rather than asserting in UCanvas::WrappedPrint() if no valid font.
Fixed -Mod= to support proper exporting of headers
Convert '|' to 'I' in player names.
Fixed cut and paste error in MidGamePanel.uc that could cause crashes on level changes. (thanks Wormbo)
Fix and optimization for projector rendering.
Various changes to support 64 bit version.

I'll try to host the file so you don't have to "wait in line" :no:
HERE (http://ssba.com/lad/ut2004-macpatch3369.dmg.bz2)

Ebby
2005-12-13, 02:28
And another Quick update. Seems that last one introduced some bugs in 10.2.8. You need to use the 3369 patch before using the 3369.1 patch. This is a Mac only update.

Grabiddy (http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/14155)

Ebby
2006-02-04, 02:25
Well, if anyone still reads this, A universal binary of UT2004 came out.

Servers are hella-slow. 4.5K/s for a whopping 200MB file. I'm sure torrents will show up soon. (*Note: While I don't encourage nasty stuff, it really is a good way to get this update because of such demand and strain on normal servers.)