PDA

View Full Version : iPhone headphone options

faust
2007-11-13, 21:24
I really don't like the Apple headphones, I'm more into the Shure sets with the ear buds blocking outside noise.

Today I grabbed the new Shure units for the iPhone but found you can't pause or FF the music from the cord, so my question is what other options are there? Excluding options that require that awful Belkin adopter.

torifile
2007-11-13, 22:38
The V-Moda vibe comes with a cord controller. (At least the newer models do.) Even if it were a viable solution, the Belkin adapter wouldn't work with a remote because of the contact differences.

Yontsey
2007-11-14, 00:15
I got a nice pair of Sony in ear buds. I dont remember the model off hand, but they were fairly cheap and Ive liked them a lot since I got them. Comfortable in the ear.

remlemasi
2007-11-14, 02:21
If you bought one of the more recent Shure earphones with the modular cable (has a short cable with an extension; SE110, SE210, SE310, SE420, or SE530)* then this (http://www.shure.com/PersonalAudio/Products/Accessories/CasesAdapters/us_pa_MPA_phone_adapter) would be exactly what you are looking for. It would work just like the included iPhone earbuds. It has a microphone to use as a headset and has a button that works just like the iPhone earbud button.

As for me, I just shaved down the end of my SE310 to make it fit and sealed it with epoxy to make it strong. :)

*Technically, it would work with anything with a 3.5mm plug but without a modular cable, you would end up with a ridiculously annoying cable length.

terryshaw09
2007-11-14, 14:16
I like Shure they rock out

faust
2007-11-15, 11:37
Thanks everyone.

ATT gave me the Shure 12c-m which fits the iPhone but that's about all they do.

I have my original Shure sets from my older iPods, I think that adapter might be the route to go.