PDA

View Full Version : Password system x2

Artap99
2008-02-08, 13:13
I'm looking to implement two different systems to my site. Although, I don't know how possible the second one is.

- In my line of work, I tend to load a number of video files onto my site that they need to access and approve. So my basic idea is to have a page where one can input their name and password and it will take them to the part of the site that they are approved for.
Basically, I set it up so name1 password1 goes to my videos. Then name2 password2 goes to my pictures. That sort of thing. Though, I would still want the folders to be password protected should someone try to enter them through the actual root. So the name/password scheme would be universal.

- The second one is to have different users on the site, but only for project folders. So I would have what could be considered a drop box. Users could sign in and upload files, but only people with the password can sign in.
All of the uploading would happen on-site. Or, if not on-site, then off-site without gaining access to my other site files.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. These are rough ideas turned into words, but I would be happy to elaborate with simple drawings/diagrams and expressive dance.

kretara
2008-02-08, 14:19
Sounds like a perfect chance to use htaccess (password protecting folders) and mod_rewrite in apache.

Artap99
2008-02-08, 15:59
I currently have it set up with htaccess. I'm not sure how to use that to create a sort of directory to send people out of. And I have only used mod_rewrite to do on the fly url changes.