PDA

View Full Version : Needed Advice About Reselling AppleCare

Lyngo
2008-02-15, 07:25
On Wednesday, I went into the local CompUSA as they are closing this weekend and thought that this would be my final time traveling into this store. They had deals on most products from 50-70% off!!! And because they weren't selling many computers anymore, because they were nearly sold out of them, there was little reason for people to purchase AppleCare.

So here's my thought, if I can purchase a number of AppleCare units at 70% off and turn around and sell them on ebay, would it be worth it? I could still sell them for slightly below the educators discount and still make a decent profit. I have never done anything like this before, but it is pretty tempting to do. What are your thoughts? Thanks in advance.

- Jay

Luca
2008-02-15, 13:24
Do it!

PB PM
2008-02-15, 13:31
Yup, nothing wrong with doing that, its not like you are registering a product with the applecare.

MCQ
2008-02-15, 13:42
Yep, sounds fine. I'd check eBay first to see what the average selling price for AppleCare is - I'm sure many others have the same idea.

Lyngo
2008-02-15, 16:38
Well guys, I did it! I picked up the last nine copies of MacBook Pro AppleCare for $75.60 a piece after taxes! It was 80% off and I am glad that I did. I have already posted two of them on CraigsList and will add them to eBay this evening.

I didn't want to say or reply to this to have you think I am spamming or anything. But I figured I would take advantage of a great situation and sell it up on eBay.

The cool thing is the manager at CompUSA took me to the back and showed me everything that was in storage and basically asked me what I wanted. It was a great experience. I am sad to see them go. I did also pick up a Family Pack of dotMac for $72 at 80% off.

Thank you again for the advice. You're all very much appreciated!

- Jay