PDA

View Full Version : Need help from 'novian from USA

dmegatool
2008-03-16, 20:36
So I just realised that the canadian store didn't have the "clearance" section of iPods (with the refurbished iPod & Mac). I wanted to buy a previous gen Nano (39$) with a Nike+ kit (29$). The nike+ kite is 39$ on the canadian store even if the $CAN is at .99$

So I wanted to know if there was someone feeling for a good action and buy the 2 items, and ship them to me in canada. Or maybe just point me to a similar offer. I looked on ebay and USED nano are 25-30$ so with the shipping it will be even or more. So I'm searching for a nano/nike+ deal for around 80$.

So you would buy 70$ from the apple store and ship to me. I could add a little bonus if your are nice :p

Edit: The "Normal" iPods (prev gen) are at 60$... seems a reallllly good deal !

macleod
2008-03-16, 20:47
Where do you see the previous generation iPod nano for $39? I am looking now and only see the AppleCare Protection Plan for previous generation iPod nano ($39).

dmegatool
2008-03-16, 21:09
OMFG. Bring back the post !! (Member title by the way)
http://forums.applenova.com/showpost.php?p=416653&postcount=5

Seems like an unrealistic deal after all :p. So lock/delete/lauchn missile on that thread... Gonna look another way to get my nike+.

EDIT: Or maybe change the title for "Seacrhing a Nano and Nike+" or something like that.

PB PM
2008-03-16, 23:24
So I just realised that the canadian store didn't have the "clearance" section of iPods (with the refurbished iPod & Mac). I wanted to buy a previous gen Nano (39$) with a Nike+ kit (29$). The nike+ kite is 39$ on the canadian store even if the $CAN is at .99$

So I wanted to know if there was someone feeling for a good action and buy the 2 items, and ship them to me in canada. Or maybe just point me to a similar offer. I looked on ebay and USED nano are 25-30$ so with the shipping it will be even or more. So I'm searching for a nano/nike+ deal for around 80$.

So you would buy 70$ from the apple store and ship to me. I could add a little bonus if your are nice :p

Edit: The "Normal" iPods (prev gen) are at 60$... seems a reallllly good deal !

Umm the Canadian store does have a refurb section... I bought a refurb iPod from it once. I noticed that the French version doesn't, but the English version does (called Special Deals: Refurbished Macs & iPods).

Bryson
2008-03-17, 00:19
It's not on the French Version? Oh heavens, stand by for the language police.....

;)

PB PM
2008-03-17, 09:24
I believe the reason is that refurbs aren't available in Quebec. :lol:

bassplayinMacFiend
2008-03-17, 10:32
I believe the reason is that refurbs aren't available in Quebec. :lol:

Probably because Apple won't call it the Le-Pod in Quebec. :D

dmegatool
2008-03-17, 11:58
Ok enough fun about the frenchies now :p

Besides, when people say iPod when a very very frenchie accent, it sounds ePod. Cause the english e sound as the i french... I wondering how eMac would sound :p

No serious I was talking about the clearance section, not the refurb. Anyway... any great deals for a nal/nike+ deal at the horizon ?

Boomerangmacuser
2008-03-18, 10:29
Only the US site has a clearance section. :grumble:

We Canadians only get stuff that's been refurbed from Canadian returns, probably because of the whole import/export thing.

The french site probably doesn't have a refurb section because it would cost too much to get everything translated up to standards acceptable to L'office de la langue Francaise du Quebec. They don't like to be called the language police. ;)

My girls go to a French school in BC and it's split between those who call it an eeePod and an ayPod. Maybe Dmegatool can call L'office and get a ruling on it.