PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth Mouse

thegeriatric
2008-04-12, 12:43
Yes yes i know, it's been asked before, and yes i have looked through the old threads.

But i am looking for a bluetooth mouse to go with my new apple bluetooth aluminium keyboard.
Seen the Logitech V470, and the Kensington Si670m, but not much else seems to be available.

I was hoping by now the choice might be better. Any suggestions? Cheers.

Robo
2008-04-12, 13:07
Well, the Mighty Mouse is available, but I'm assuming you don't want that...?

chucker
2008-04-12, 13:12

I think he wants something that looks more alike.

…I got nothing. Because of latency issues, RF may be a better idea, too.

digitaldave
2008-04-12, 13:12
I've been using the Logitech V470 since December, and it's a pretty nice mouse IMO. It's not very large, but it's till a little larger than some laptop mice I've used - I've got fairly large hands, but it still feels comfortable to me, but then I probably use it in an odd way ;). I haven't bothered to install the Logitech Command Centre software, as it works fine out of the box - I just used the bluetooth setup routine, and viola, one working three button BT mouse :). The horizontal scrolling even works!

Razer have recently released a BT mouse, the Pro Click Mobile (http://www.razerzone.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=75). I haven't used one though, but they look pretty good, at least in black ;).

thegeriatric
2008-04-12, 13:42

Correct Robo, i forgot to mention that.Oops. :o

thegeriatric
2008-04-12, 13:47
I've been using the Logitech V40 since December, and it's a pretty nice mouse IMO. It's not very large, but it's till a little larger than some laptop mice I've used - I've got fairly large hands, but it still feels comfortable to me, but then I probably use it in an odd way ;). I haven't bothered to install the Logitech Command Centre software, as it works fine out of the box - I just used the bluetooth setup routine, and viola, one working three button BT mouse :). The horizontal scrolling even works!

Razer have recently released a BT mouse, the Pro Click Mobile (http://www.razerzone.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=75). I haven't used one though, but they look pretty good, at least in black ;).

Thanks for the razer link, is the logitech model you're using the V470? if so how good is the battery life?

digitaldave
2008-04-12, 15:09
Oops, yes, I meant the V470. The battery life seems to be pretty good. I got it for Christmas, and it's still using the same batteries that came with it, but I don't actually use it that often, only when I play World Of Warcraft, maybe 5-10 hours a week. Sorry I can't be more helpful than that :(.

remlemasi
2008-04-12, 15:58
Logitech MX Revolution
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/mice_pointers/mice/devices/130&cl=us,en

I got it a few months ago. It's only like the best mouse in the world.

The standalone version is RF, but the USB receiver is really small and you could just leave it attached if it's for a desktop. If it's for a notebook, I'd probably stick with bluetooth so you don't have to worry about a dongle. It comes with a charging dock and the battery lasts about a week for me without charging.

There is a bluetooth version that comes with a keyboard (http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/keyboards/keyboard_mice_combos/devices/3481&cl=us,en ) but it hasn't yet been released as a standalone.

It's kind of expensive, but I got it on amazon.com for about $70 with a $10 MIR. The MIRs come and go all the time.

Wow. Looks like they have it for $76.99 with a $20 MIR = $56.99 http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Revolution-Cordless-Laser-Mouse/dp/B000HCT12O/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1208033521&sr=8-1

But SRSLY, this mouse is sick. I use the Logitech Control Center app that it comes with. It's VERY customizable. I use buttons for play/pause and skipping iTunes tracks; a button for quicklook; another for dashboard; you could program for expose and many many many more. You can program the same button for different things on different apps.

I HIGHLY recommend it if you have a desktop and are willing to leave the USB dongle in the back. If you really want the bluetooth version, you could probably get it by buying the keyboard+mouse bundle and selling the keyboard or buying the mouse from someone who only wanted the keyboard. Maybe they'll even release the bluetooth version as a standalone.

BUY IT.

thegeriatric
2008-04-14, 19:50
Thanks for all the advice. I might just wait for a bit longer, and see if anything new pops up.

Luca
2008-04-14, 21:26
I ordered the MX Revolution today to replace my MX1000 mouse (Logitech's first laser mouse). It was such a reliable mouse, a joy to use, for the three and a half years I've had it. Sadly, the middle button no longer functions, the battery life is quite a bit less than when it was new (although it's still quite good), it requires a lot of reseating to get it to charge on its stand, and overall it's just getting old and worn. Still useful, though. I'm certainly not going to just throw it out.

I should note that the reason I jumped on the MX Revolution today is because the mail-in rebate requires you to have bought the mouse no later than today. If you are sure you want to get one, just buy it now, otherwise you won't be able to use the rebate.

Chellovek
2008-04-15, 02:52
I recently went through this cycle, and switched from a logitech bluetooth mouse to an RF one after several bouts of computer rage and some counselling for bluetooth mouse lag.

thegeriatric
2008-11-23, 22:09
"Bump" Just in case anyone is interested, and looking for a bluetooth mouse (other than the mighty mouse) I have bought a Microsoft wireless laser mouse 8000, even though it says on the box windows only, it paired straight away with the Mac, and works just fine.

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/productdetails.aspx?pid=084