PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry Pearl or Palm Centro

Partial
2008-05-22, 18:37
A Blackberry Pearl can be used with any data plan if you use Opera Mini/Mobile, and you can take advantage of email and the GPS using the Google App suite.

A Palm Centro is just a solid phone.

I would be using the Sprint Sero plan, as my 4 year old phone kicked the bucket today.

I'm leaning towards the BB because the Centro's keypad is a little too small for my man hands.

Bryson
2008-05-22, 19:36
I love my BB Pearl (the old type).

Don't know the Centro, to be honest. The Pearl is nice though it's "just smart enough" for a smartphone.

Mind you, I'm a North-Dwelling Peasant, otherwise I would have got an iPhone...

noleli2
2008-05-23, 09:37
I've never used either, but I remember reading a consumer satisfaction survey someplace that had Palm substantially lower than Blackberry.

Robo
2008-05-23, 15:48
I love my Centro, but if you're seriously going to not pay for the BB data plan (through using Gmail and Opera instead of the Pearl's standard equipment), I'd probably go with the Pearl - if you can stand the trackball and the SureType keyboard, it's the better phone, and its biggest downside is that the expensive BB data plan is "required."

What you're talking about sounds like a bit of a hassle, though. But if you think it's worth it...

Personally, I'm still confident that the Centro was the right choice for me. I can't stand trackballs.

Souflay123
2008-05-23, 16:41
Palms suck!! I went though like 5 or 6 of them before going to the blackberry, because the touch screens on them kept going belly up. I had a red pearl and it was really great. And I got rid of the pearl to go to the iPhone, but if it was not for apple I would of kept the blackberry.

Partial
2008-05-24, 11:03
I am debating whether I would want to go with the Pearl or the Curve. Full Qwerty would be good, but honestly I have no idea how much I'm going to use it beyond the phone element of things. I'm never going to be editing documents, so I guess the qwerty isn't a huge deal, and I think I'd rather save the money and get the phone for 25 after coupon code and referral versus 105.

Yontsey
2008-05-24, 12:53
I thought about getting a Curve myself. Those look slick. If you do text messaging or instant messaging at all, definitely get a full qwerty phone. You'll never look back.

Partial
2008-05-24, 17:47
I went with the Pearl. I think it will be fine for my first non-free phone.

It should be here Thursday.