PDA

View Full Version : iPhone Poll

scratt
2004-12-20, 02:50
I don't want to supplant Messiahtosh's thread here (http://forums.applenova.com/showthread.php?t=2831).

But I would like to get everyone views on the iPhone and when it may be released...

Hence this poll..

If anyone wants something added as an option please say... Not sure how to do it but sure an admin can.

I think it will be the Flash iPod (rumoured device) in a Motorola phone with an Apple designed front end, personally.

Also, if you want to put when you think it will be announced I would be interested... I suspect it will be Q1 in '05 ready for a May launch.

EDIT - Oops.. can an admin change the second >1GB Flash option to <1GB!! Ta!

Paul
2004-12-20, 10:17
not apple OS... but morelikely just a few parts of the OS designed in concert with apple (iTunes, etc.)

DMBand0026
2004-12-20, 10:36
I have my doubts that it's anything at all. I guess we shall see.

scratt
2004-12-20, 10:54
not apple OS... but morelikely just a few parts of the OS designed in concert with apple (iTunes, etc.)

Yes, absolutely I agree..
I think it will be a phone os that looks like Mac OS.

scratt
2004-12-20, 10:56

Sadly I am forced to agree with that too... But I am still gonna keep $500 ready just in case... :D

scratt
2004-12-20, 11:01

Sadly I am forced to agree with that too... But I am still gonna keep $500 ready just in case... :D

DMBand0026
2004-12-20, 11:04
Oh, by the way Scratt. You spelled "Vapor" wrong in the poll. I know it's too late to change it now but your finger must have slipped and thrown that "u" in there. It's okay, everyone makes mistakes. I'm sure a mod or admin can fix it right up. ;)

scratt
2004-12-20, 11:29
Oh, by the way Scratt. You spelled "Vapor" wrong in the poll. I know it's too late to change it now but your finger must have slipped and thrown that "u" in there. It's okay, everyone makes mistakes. I'm sure a mod or admin can fix it right up. ;)

Well thanks for pointing that out kind Sir! :grumble: :D :lol:

Actually if I had a penny for every typo I have made in this forum I would probably have about $20!!

I also got the < the wrong way round in one option too and no admin bod has seen fit to sort that out for me!!!!

HELLO ADMINS!!

But hey wait a minute... Vapor, Vapour... That is how it is meant to be spelt! I am English... You almost had me there!!

;) :smokey:

scratt
2004-12-21, 10:58
Has anyone tried this link.....

http://www.iphone.org

hmm???? :smokey:

Luca
2004-12-21, 11:26
Apple has probably registered many, many domain names for products that they have no plans to release but may eventually use. I bet before the iMac was even announced they had already registered iMac.com, iBook.com, and so on, continuing as the iEra grew stronger.

I suspect it's vaporware (vay-per, not vay-poh-ur lol). Apple will likely promote the new Motorola phones at MWSF. Maybe Motorola will call it the "iPhone." I don't think Apple will release a piece of hardware called iPhone. Maybe software or non-Apple hardware.

scratt
2004-12-21, 11:34
Thanks yeah... Just had that pointed out to me somewhere else too! :o :)

Still the more I read up..
I am not 100% about these train meeting rumours and even less about the recent "'Apple Rep.' using a 'white phone' and being very open about the fact it was a prototype!!" :lol:

But if you try and spearate the wheat from the chaff, so to speak, the mock up advert (which I am sure is a fake) and the rumours about it being an E398? from Motorola rebadged do have some weight....

I have jsut read up on the specs of that phone, and apart from the fact it doesn't mention Bluetooth it has all the requirements to be a pretty funky phone and with a bit of rebadging is not far from the mock up advert phone... It even has LEDs that you can change the colour of for ring alerts and surround sound built in... Surely an iTunes(mini) worthy phone?

Curiouser and curiouser!! I am gonna stash my $500 under a mattress and keep waiting....

Ghstmars
2004-12-21, 13:02
the moto E398 has bluetooth 1.2, dont know why motorola does not mention it. :\

MacGregor
2004-12-22, 00:18
What I hope this will be is an aluminum colored iPod Mini with the wheel and everything that can access numbers, just like songs; scroll phonebook; push center button and it dials. Then if you need to actually dial something, flip the case (wheel flips up out of the way, but the screen doesn't) and underneath is the normal flip phone buttons/options. It would have to be more rounded and colors would have to be more sophisticated.

Three reasons this is good.
1. Bluetooth earbud and mic allow closed phone calling and talking, just like listening to iTunes.
2. Sets up future products in the public mind so that when real iPods get to be phones, the people will be ready.
3. Allows iCal to track phone calls for business, etc....well maybe that isn't good.

porter
2004-12-23, 10:37
Based on all the rumors I've read and the crazy things that get posted on the internet with Apple stuff, like a iPod with 1TB of HD space, bluetooth, wireless internet, 30in holographic display, AI OSX that alters the color of the case depending on your mood, and a neural link to eliminate headphones all wrapped up in a case the size of 3 credit cards, well... let's say I doubt the iPhone.

scratt
2004-12-23, 11:30
Based on all the rumors I've read and the crazy things that get posted on the internet with Apple stuff, like a iPod with 1TB of HD space, bluetooth, wireless internet, 30in holographic display, AI OSX that alters the color of the case depending on your mood, and a neural link to eliminate headphones all wrapped up in a case the size of 3 credit cards

OK! Fuckin' 'el. Wheeee! Got my $500 just burning a hole in my pocket!! :D :eek: