PDA

View Full Version : Website footer issues?

Fullthrottledesigns
2008-06-02, 09:38
I have pretty much completed this website but I have one problem with the footer. On the pages where the content is fairly long it cuts of a portion of the text. I can't figure out a fix for the life of me so I was looking for some help on this issue. So does anyone have any idea what the problem may be? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Page with content being cut off: http://markettorque.com/consultation.html

Here is my code for the footer:
/*==============================
Footer
===============================*/
#footer {
position: absolute;
bottom: 0;
width: 100%;
padding: 0 0 0 90px;
background:#DDDDDD;
}
#footer p {
margin: 0;
padding: 10px;
font-size: 9px;
}

jdcfsu
2008-06-02, 10:42
Have you tried putting a <div class="clear"></div> right above the footer div?

.clear { clear: both; } in the css

Fullthrottledesigns
2008-06-02, 10:51
I have this code for clearing.

.clearfloat { /
clear:both;
height:0;
font-size: 1px;
line-height: 0px;
}

Fullthrottledesigns
2008-06-02, 11:03
This is how I had the clearing style set up in the html.

<br class="clearfloat"/>

I changed it to a div you recommended but then the footer floated to the middle of the page.

adamb
2008-06-02, 11:13
Remove the absolute positioning from the .twoColLiqRtHdr #footer in the css fixes the problem in Firefox.

In IE7 though the footer is a bit messed up, both before and after that change.

Fullthrottledesigns
2008-06-02, 11:24
Ok I removed the absolute positioning and now it doesn't cover the wording up but it doesn't stay on the bottom of the page. This footer has been the biggest pain in my ass.

Yonzie
2008-06-02, 16:59
Seems to work fine in FF3 and Safari 3 (at least now ;) )
EDIT: I get it. Bah. That's an evil bug.

However, the page width is off. Unless 1024x768 is no longer the LCD of screen sizes, you've made your page too wide.
EDIT: Seems you have the same issue with the page width. I'd suggest cutting out stuff until it goes away, then slowly re-adding. Also validate your HTML and CSS, it might find the flaw.
This site has often helped me: http://www.positioniseverything.net/

PowerDrift
2008-06-04, 02:16
Because #container is set to be height: 100%, #container will be the full height of the window, so the footer, which is not in the container, will be located below the full height of the window, thus making it hidden like it is.

Move the footer into the container and all should be fine.

Fullthrottledesigns
2008-06-04, 10:35
Thanks for the help! I have it working but in Firefox and Safari the footer floats near the center of the page not at the bottom as it should.