PDA

View Full Version : iPod Dock Extender Cable

MagSafe
2008-07-01, 16:35
Hi all,

Has anyone had any experience with a cable that goes from a dock to your iPod? For example, the CableJive Extender Cable (http://www.cablejive.com/extendercable.html).

I just bought a case for my iPod Touch, went to stick it in the pre-fitted dock in my car (VW Golf S 80 2007) and you guessed it...it won't go in :\ It's only by a couple of millimeters, but even still, it would mean taking the case on and off all the time.

I'm looking at getting the CableJive, but was wondering if anyone else has had this issue and found a suitable solution.

Thanks,

Steve.

pilot1129
2008-07-01, 22:37
I've heard those work really well. I've been meaning to buy one, but I dont want to spend that much money for it.

I'm foolishly holding out for Apple or someone else to make it for cheaper

joveblue
2008-07-02, 03:42
Just go naked ;)

Why hide a piece of art inside an ugly case?

MagSafe
2008-07-02, 04:58
Just go naked ;)

Why hide a piece of art inside an ugly case?

Meh, I think your right :p

I just took it out of my pocket to 'admire' the sleek, black silicon design and its now all covered in grime & dust :(

The case was only £11, so it'd actually be cheaper to just take it off altogether instead of buying a £40 cable (inc. international shipping).

rasmits
2008-07-02, 05:02
Just so you know, I too used a case for my iPod Touch until I saw all the videos on YouTube that showed how impossible it is to scratch. A month after I got it I started carrying it around nekkid and - almost one year later - the screen is still pristine. My old iPod 3G didn't even last a week outside a case before the screen started to get ugly.

Of course the back is a bit scratched up, but who cares?

MagSafe
2008-07-02, 06:40
Yeah, I've had my Touch for a good 4-5 months now, carrying it around naked and its still in great condition, without a single scratch on the screen.

The reason I got a case was in case I dropped it whilst I'm walking about, etc.

I'll just take the risk though and hope for the best :)