PDA

View Full Version : AdSense Hacked

drewprops
2008-09-18, 02:08
I'm trying to figure out why my Google AdSense ads on PiratePalooza.com (http://www.piratepalooza.com/) are displaying pharmacy ads now.... I've been killing some by listing them in the "competitive ad filter" but I suspect there are more out there.... is there a good list of "bad URLs to ad to the filter?"

Also, I read that some plug-ins allow injection... and I recently updated to a plug-in called "WP-Polls", so I've disabled that plug-in and am waiting to see if things clear up...

BUT I've checked my source code to see if there are any hidden contextual words slammed into my headers/footers, etc, and I find nothing... do you guys see any places I could be getting jammed? What about the Yelp! thing up there... maybe THEY'RE the vulnerability.... hmmmmm...

Mugge
2008-09-18, 02:40
I only spy a pirate relevant ad.

Arrr.

drewprops
2008-09-18, 09:49
Thanks brother.

Yeah, I did some tweaking and such... but then I began to wonder if, since I was logged into my Google account, that I was also being served drug info because I had done a search for a medicine that I was taking to learn the side-effects... this SEO stuff is wicked Merlinesque.

drewprops
2008-09-18, 17:29
Ahh!!!

If you read a full post you'll see that it shows a Google Text ad underneath the article and THAT thing is full of ads for Meds like "Adipex"... now I begin to suspect the social sharing gizmo present in every post.... that's a plug-in that I'll have to consider de-activating for a few hours to see what happens...

drewprops
2008-09-24, 16:53
Okay.
It's an injection attack based on old builds and security flaws with various browsers and iFrames and such. Keeping your build up to date and properly salted is important.