PDA

View Full Version : Applescript question

Wyatt
2008-10-17, 14:37
Is there a way, with Applescript, to set the audio input volume on a Mac? I'm trying to automate my streaming server's startup procedure, and I have everything down except making sure the input volume is correct.

When my server boots, it logs in a non-admin user. In that user's startup options, I have my VNC Server and an Automator action that runs an Applescript. The script delays 30 seconds (to let my background services start up), then it tells Quicktime Broadcaster to start and begin broadcasting.

At that point, I'd like to tell it to set the audio input volume to the maximum level. Any ideas?

chucker
2008-10-17, 14:42
set volume input volume 100

Wyatt
2008-10-17, 14:49
Wow, I feel stupid. (Thanks a ton, though. You just made my afternoon.)

Is there a good reference site for Applescript out there? Now that I have a server, I find myself using it more, but I have a hard time finding good resources on Google sometimes.

Oh, and I have to spread some reputation around before I give you any more, apparently. I must appreciate you to much. Sorry!

chucker
2008-10-17, 14:53
I wouldn't know. You need to brush up on your Google-fu. :D

http://www.google.com/search?q=applescript+set+input+volume
AppleScript Audio Output Switcher - O'Reilly Mac DevCenter Blog - 9:41pm
16 Jul 2006 ... These settings are even easier to change using Applescript, ... set volume output volume 80 input volume 80 alert volume 0 without output ...
www.oreillynet.com/mac/blog/2006/07/applescript_audio_output_switc.html - 38k - Cached - Similar pages