PDA

View Full Version : Mac Mini: EOL or refresh soon?

Grip
2008-11-01, 23:25
I am considering updating my 1st generation Mac Mini with a new one. Although it is not my primary Mac, I use it often enough and believe it is overdue for an upgrade in my opinion. My dilemma is that I am hearing opposing opinions as to the future of the Mini (some believe it will l be discontinued and some believe there will be a refresh). I like the form-factor of the Mini and if in fact this is the last we'll see of it, l I will buy one. I am curious as to what you think. Thanks.

Robo
2008-11-02, 00:20
My prediction: New iMacs/Mac minis on election day. Whoo

Luca
2008-11-02, 05:10
Definitely don't get a new one yet. There was a threat maybe a week ago talking about the future of the Mini and someone posted a link to an article that implied that Mini sales were pretty strong thanks to people buying them for use as servers. They're long overdue for an update so if you're thinking of getting one, just tough it out. It can't go much longer without being updated or discontinued.

Besides, even if they are discontinued, you can still get one if you buy one from Apple's special deals section or if you go to a nearby Apple store and see if they have any left.