PDA

View Full Version : Lost Phone - Where to buy replacement

Partial
2008-11-22, 18:05
I lost my phone. I'm in mid-contract Sprint SERO 500. Where is the least expensive place to buy replacement phones? I'm likely to go with a Palm Centro or something equivalent.

torifile
2008-11-22, 19:57
Whereever you end up buying, make sure that the phone has sprint branding. These are the only phones that will work with sprint.

turtle
2008-11-22, 23:03
eBay or Craigslist should be fine. I'm not sure where else you might find something like that in decent shape. Of course, you could buy direct from Sprint new, but it'll cost you.

Robo
2008-11-23, 01:51
eBay, sad to say. Sprint phones are super overpriced.

Partial
2008-11-23, 18:27
Bought a Palm Centro sprint version in black for 100 bucks. Not happy about it, but I guess its my own fault for somehow missing my pocket and not hearing it hit the ground in the bar.

Thanks for the advice. eBay was cheaper than I imagined as craigslist did not yield any responses.

Partial
2008-12-13, 02:45
So I absolutely hate the Centro. All the good reviews mislead me! My hands are too big to type on it effectively, and it has such awful call quality.

I'm debating whether I want to go back to a crippled blackberry or just get an instinct? Sprint phones really suck.

I have unlimited text and data, and I text a fair amount. I would also like to be able to MMS, SMS, read and send email (I can use the gmail client if necessary), and occasionally browse the internet.

What phone do you guys recommend?

Robo
2008-12-13, 04:36
So I absolutely hate the Centro. All the good reviews mislead me! My hands are too big to type on it effectively, and it has such awful call quality.

I'm debating whether I want to go back to a crippled blackberry or just get an instinct? Sprint phones really suck.

I have unlimited text and data, and I text a fair amount. I would also like to be able to MMS, SMS, read and send email (I can use the gmail client if necessary), and occasionally browse the internet.

What phone do you guys recommend?

I liked my Centro, and didn't have any complaints about call quality. But whatevs.

Don't get the Instinct. Just...don't.

Maybe the Rant would be more your speed? It's a lot like the Rumor, only with EV-DO. It's still pretty new though, so it won't be super cheap on eBay yet. I haven't tried out the browser yet though, so you'll probably want to spend some time with it in the store before you buy one.

The Lotus is Sprint's other new qwertyphone, and I like it too (they both share Sprint's new One Click interface). Even in the flat black color you might find it a little feminine, though (it's shaped a lot like a makeup compact), and the keyboard is smaller than the Rant's. But the purple floral one suits me just fine, and will probably be my next phone <3 <3

joveblue
2008-12-13, 04:55
http://sprintconnection.kansascity.com/files/images/LG%20Lotus%20in%20Fancy%20Purple.preview.jpg
:|

Robo
2008-12-13, 16:07
I know, right? I lurves it.

For Partial, I recommend the Rant. Its keyboard is moar biggar.

Partial
2008-12-15, 23:14
Alright guys, I have flipped phones on CL, going from my Centro, to a BB 8800 (awesome keyboard), to a BB 8830 which I'm sticking with.

In the end, I will be out 105 dollars from the lost phone, with a nicer phone in its place. The Curve is really nice!

typethree
2008-12-17, 02:01
Thanks for the useful tips!