PDA

View Full Version : File Manager/Viewer for iPod Touch

artesc
2009-01-12, 21:52
Ok, so I have new iPod touch and I'm going make damn good use of it in school. I need an app that will allow me to view (maybe basic editing too, adding notes) common files, namely, Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, etc) and PDF's. My professors do their presentations on Powerpoint and PDF's and so these are the primary concerns for me. I also don't want to have to sync my iPod every time I need to upload a file, I want everything to be stored in a cloud. The closest thing I've found is this; http://www.badongo.com/application/iphone App for the iPod touch. Unfortunately, the app sucks and crashes every time I open it and the rare times it stays open, it cannot open Powerpoint's. So, I come to you all for suggestions. Likewise, if anyone has any better suggestions for viewing PPT's and PDF's, I'd be glad to hear them. Thanks! :)

kieran
2009-01-12, 23:01
You can view them through MobileMail.app.

Just send them to your email and you should be able to view all of them.

Editing is, as far as I know, impossible at the moment.

You could use Google Docs if you really needed the ability to edit.

jdcfsu
2009-01-12, 23:09
You could use something like Air Sharing which will let you transfer files from your computer to the iPod and then view them. It supports all of the formats you are looking for (I think) but I don't believe it'll let you edit them.

artesc
2009-01-13, 11:08
Hmm, that sucks. I was all gung-ho and everything...I suppose I will have to settle for viewing only then.:(