PDA

View Full Version : New Trademark: SkyPod - XM and Apple?

candlebougie
2005-01-07, 12:56
New Trademark: SkyPod - XM and Apple?

You can find the trademark here:

http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/gate.exe?f=tess&state=9j0irq.1.1
(United States Patent and Trademark Office)

you can either search for XM or SkyPod, youīll find the trademark

Word Mark SKYPOD :confused:
Goods and Services IC 009. US 021 023 026 036 038. G & S: Digital audio radio hardware and accessories
Standard Characters Claimed
Mark Drawing Code (4) STANDARD CHARACTER MARK
Serial Number 78535568
Filing Date December 20, 2004
Current Filing Basis 1B
Original Filing Basis 1B
Owner (APPLICANT) XM Satellite Radio Inc. CORPORATION DELAWARE 1500 Eckington Place, N.E. Washington D.C. 20002
Attorney of Record Nancy S. Lapidus
Type of Mark TRADEMARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

if XM is not working with Apple, there will be problems...

jph1971
2005-01-07, 14:08
Since it claims digital audio hardware Iīm wondering why it is XM satellite whos sets the claim and not Apple - I donīt think they would/could use the trademark if it isnīt connected to the iPod.

Maybe some sort of accessory...

Certainly an interesting development....

morningstarrising
2005-01-07, 14:58
"XM Satellite Radio has had discussions about a combination portable media device and XM receiver with a number of major manufacturers, including Apple, but no formal partnership has been formed and there are no plans for an imminent announcement, the company has told The Mac Observer.

XM Director of Product Marketing, Phil Whitworth said that while the company is very interested in developing a MP3-like device that includes XM's service, it is not as high of a priority right now compared to expanding its reach into home entertainment devices, such as stereo systems and alike.

"Generally, are current focus is on home entertainment," Mr. Whitworth told TMO. "We working with a number of companies to make sure XM technology is embedded in home stereo systems, boomboxes, and more."

Mr. Whitworth said XM has talked to a number of major players in the digital media device market, such as Apple and Microsoft, but said, "they have no been active discussions. They have been more along the lines of introducing our technology and discussions of possible ways of bringing a digital music player together with XM's service.""

Really I think this SkyPOD is realy the XM2go. I just think XM is just protecting there trademark name "Sky" from rip offs....

StevesMom
2005-01-08, 11:16
"Sky" is their trademark name ? I think Rupert Murdoch's "Sky" satellite television service predates anything XM has put on the table and best of luck to them if they go up against Sky litigously :)

As an aside I love this statement :-

Mr. Whitworth said XM has talked to a number of major players in the digital media device market, such as Apple and Microsoft, but said, "they have no been active discussions. They have been more along the lines of introducing our technology and discussions of possible ways of bringing a digital music player together with XM's service."

Translation : "We tried to flog Apple and Microsoft our shit, but they told us to get lost."

Seivad
2005-01-08, 11:46
Some other skypods:

http://www.wescam.com/products_services_2e.asp

http://www.wescam.com/products_services_2e.asp

morningstarrising
2005-01-08, 13:56
"Sky" is their trademark name ? I think Rupert Murdoch's "Sky" satellite television service predates anything XM has put on the table and best of luck to them if they go up against Sky litigously :)
"

That's England hun. XM already has many Sky products..for example, the Skyfi reciever for the car.