PDA

View Full Version : ThinkSecret headlines on front page?

Akumulator
2005-01-10, 21:16
Since AN and ThinkSecret have a relationship, I thought it might be cool if the front page of AN had a small area... maybe in the right column that displayed the RSS headlines of ThinkSecret. It would be easy with the newsfeed module in Mambo. Of course it wouldn't take away any visitors from ThinkSecret since the link would take you to the TS site.

LoCash
2005-01-10, 21:29
Yeah, this is something I wanted to do, but last time I played with it it didn't show only headlines. I'll need to take another look at the module this week.

Akumulator
2005-01-10, 21:59
This may be of some help...

http://forum.mamboserver.com/showthread.php?t=20201&highlight=newsfeed+headlines

Paul
2005-01-28, 19:33
Very cool.
I just emailed TS asking if they considered adding comments to their articles (by starting a thread for each article-with just a link-in speculation & rumors and linking to that thread from the article.) This could work well with that.

Paul
2006-02-09, 11:50
Well, it seems as if comments have been added to TS articles, but without any link to the forums... :(
Thats pretty shitty.

2006-02-10, 12:40
The 'Message Board' tab still links to AppleNova.

InactionMan
2006-02-10, 12:43
I imagine once (if ever) we get a front page up and running with original content we won't need the TS affialition.

2006-02-10, 12:59
I don't mind it. I think it's nice of Nick to still have a link here considering he was mostly friends with Jack. Eric or Brad might know him, but I don't remember either of them ever mentioning it.

Hell, I don't even know what we'd put on the front page. I don't think we're (or really want to be) known as a 'rumour' site per se. Sure, we could make some educated guesses and whatnot, but between TS, AI and a handful of others I think there's enough front page speculation sites out there.

All IMHO of course.

I agree It'd be nice to have something up front, but that's probably best left to another brainstorming thread.

curiousuburb
2006-02-10, 14:36
I'd vote for the CARS style of parodic rumours, or stuff in the style of the ever popular "Murbot's Hard Drive Repair Tips".

Windswept
2006-02-10, 15:37
I'd vote for the CARS style of parodic rumours, or stuff in the style of the ever popular "Murbot's Hard Drive Repair Tips".
Yeah, murbeau. Why not post the hard drive thing in the editor's forum so we can take a look at it?

I remember that people *really* liked it - a lot! :)

I think it would be a great article... along with a *new puppy* article too. :lol: ;)

Oops! EEK! :eek:

*ducks*

*hides under nearest rock*

*has second thoughts; flees in terror*

;)

:p