PDA

View Full Version : Buying iPod Touch for Cousin (who's abroad)

Maciej
2009-06-30, 15:12
Hey guys,

I'm going back home to Europe soon, and I wanted to buy my younger cousin a new iPod Touch. I'm looking for advice on how best to work this out, here are my concerns.

Although my cousin is familiar with English, it is not her native language, and I'm not sure whether she will be comfortable running it in English. I'm expecting her laptop to be in Polish, but I'm not 100% sure. (She's definitely a Windows user, and I'm hoping she has SP2, I don't think she's running Vista.) Will there be a procedure to restore the iPod to a different language? What kind of conflicts can I expect to run into? I want to buy it here, State-side, because it will most likely be cheaper. From what I can gather, Apple does a pretty okay job with foreign language support. I don't think I have to worry about a power adapter anymore, because the latest iPods don't ship with power bricks anymore, right? They just charge through the USB port?

I would appreciate any suggestions, comments, or anything you want to add.

Also, are iTunes gift cards international, or do I have to buy one in Europe?

PB PM
2009-06-30, 16:06
You can set an iPod to many different languages, it doesn't have to be English, and Polish is one of the options it can be changed to. No problem at all with power, since it charges via USB. As for iTunes gift cards, they are country specific, not sure how it works in Europe though.

torifile
2009-06-30, 19:56
Ive got a brand new iPod touch (8 gig) for sale if you want it. PM me and we can work out the details. Yes, I know pimping my wares is tacky but whatevs :lol:

Maciej
2009-06-30, 20:11
Ive got a brand new iPod touch (8 gig) for sale if you want it. PM me and we can work out the details. Yes, I know pimping my wares is tacky but whatevs :lol:

I'd do it, but this is my mother's godchild so she wants to splurge and get the mondo 32giger. Sorry tori.