PDA

View Full Version : Will Quicktime Pro let me watch MWSF better?

nomorewindows
2005-01-11, 18:20
Watching Job stream with Quicktime is like being on drugs--I'm surmising, of course :D

Would Quicktime Pro work better? I'm trying to save my money for Shuffle, iWork and lots of other new itoys.

MCQ
2005-01-11, 18:42
lol, no. It won't do a darn thing. :)

nomorewindows
2005-01-11, 18:56
lol, no. It won't do a darn thing. :)
Shit. Well, how about Quicktime 7? I MUST WATCH JOB. MUST WATCH...
ARGGGGHHHHHH! I've tried ordering stuff at Apple all afternoon and all I can do is fill my shopping cart. Can't pay for it, etc. icrack icrack icrack icrack

I'm going to start a 12 step thread :smokey:

MCQ
2005-01-11, 19:02
Man, when it hits, it hits hard :D

You could always call and place an order :)

torifile
2005-01-11, 19:19
Hmmmm.

<looks up>
3rd parties products
</looks up>

<checks QT about box>
http://homepage.mac.com/torifile/.Pictures/qtabout.jpg
</checks QT about box>

<wonders why this thread is in here>
I don't think it would improve anything.
</wondering>

;)

nomorewindows
2005-01-11, 19:22
Hmmmm.

<looks up>
3rd parties products
</looks up>

<checks QT about box>
http://homepage.mac.com/torifile/.Pictures/qtabout.jpg
</checks QT about box>

<wonders why this thread is in here>
I don't think it would improve anything.
</wondering>

;)

Is Quicktime not a third party application? Enlighten me...

MCQ
2005-01-11, 19:58
Is Quicktime not a third party application? Enlighten me...

Quicktime is made by Apple, hence the "copyright 1991-2004.... Apple Computer" ;)

chucker
2005-01-11, 20:33
Having problems with the stream I take it? Well first of all, if you want to watch it, wait a few hours, it's only been posted a while ago. Hundreds of people are trying to access it at a time.

Second, QT Pro won't bring any improvement to the situation, and QT7 won't either unless Apple moves over to a new codec.

Third, you'll get a much more stable video by just downloading it from here: http://a772.g.akamai.net/7/2047/1141/300_04/neo.qtv.apple.com/secure/jan/mwsf05/macworld_hi.mov :)

nomorewindows
2005-01-11, 23:58
Having problems with the stream I take it? Well first of all, if you want to watch it, wait a few hours, it's only been posted a while ago. Hundreds of people are trying to access it at a time.

Second, QT Pro won't bring any improvement to the situation, and QT7 won't either unless Apple moves over to a new codec.

Third, you'll get a much more stable video by just downloading it from here: http://a772.g.akamai.net/7/2047/1141/300_04/neo.qtv.apple.com/secure/jan/mwsf05/macworld_hi.mov :)

Chucker, thanks so much. I had serious ether over the whole MWSF thing. I have since calmed down long enough to realize I have been a doofus. Thanks for pointing that out in a polite way. SOME PEOPLE here are nice. I'll buy the beer next time you're in Colorado. :)

johnq
2005-01-12, 00:01
And set QuickTime speed to match your connection. Ideally dont go wireless, plug straight into the network.

nomorewindows
2005-01-12, 00:02
Chucker, I must still be suffering the effects of MWSF. The link you posted looks strangely like bork. Perhaps I need glasses. Or maybe I need to spit in your cornflakes.

Good one. :lol:

nomorewindows
2005-01-12, 00:22
Chucker, I must still be suffering the effects of MWSF. The link you posted looks strangely like bork. Perhaps I need glasses. Or maybe I need to spit in your cornflakes.

Good one. :lol:

Sorry, Bjork. Y'all still must be embarrased by the swan dress.
Oh, and buy your own beer. :D

chucker
2005-01-12, 01:04
The link worked for me ;) YMMV.

As for Colorado, that's quite a trip from Germany but I'll see about that :D

Moogs
2005-01-12, 01:17
It will improve (by high quality enlargement being possible) most other types of video, but not streams. There is too little data coming over the pipe to have QTPro make any difference.

nomorewindows
2005-01-12, 12:52
The link worked for me ;) YMMV.

As for Colorado, that's quite a trip from Germany but I'll see about that :D

Ich bin, du bist, er ist...conjugate this: I won't buy you a beer until you explain this David Hasselhof thing. Besides, why drink Coors when you can drink a REAL beer? 'splain it to me, Lucy. I'm 51% German and I just don't get it.

Might be in Deutchland this summer. Any Apple stores in Frankfurt? Also, my German language skills are a bit rusty. Can you recommend a good English-German dictionary for mac?

Not bad. I dissed you AND stayed on topic. Prost! :D

chucker
2005-01-12, 15:14
I won't buy you a beer until you explain this David Hasselhof thing.

I have no idea what you're talking about ;) I for one don't know anyone around here who's a diehard Hasselhoff fan.

Besides, why drink Coors when you can drink a REAL beer?

I've never heard of "Coors".

'splain it to me, Lucy. I'm 51% German and I just don't get it.

Might be in Deutchland this summer. Any Apple stores in Frankfurt?

Apple only has one European retail store at this point, and no German ones are planned yet.

Also, my German language skills are a bit rusty. Can you recommend a good English-German dictionary for mac?

Not really, I don't care a lot for the language. ;) Incidentally, I'm probably moving to Canada later this year. :P

BlueRabbit
2005-01-12, 18:59
Can you recommend a good English-German dictionary for mac?
The translator that comes with 10.4's Dashboard? :p

nomorewindows
2005-01-12, 19:34
I've never heard of "Coors".

Incidentally, I'm probably moving to Canada later this year. :P

Coors, made in Colorado, is run by right wing conservatives, one of whom, Pete Coors, just lost the race for state senator. They are trying to merge with one of Canada's top brewers, Molson. They're going to change the name to McBeer :no:

Maciej
2005-01-12, 20:32
Coors sucks. MGD is clearly the best domestic beer, Canadian (that is what its called right? the one w/ maple leaf on it) my only memorable Canuck beer.

chucker
2005-01-12, 21:07
Hmm I don't think I've tried any American or Canadian beer yet. I've had a few things in London though ;)

BuonRotto
2005-01-12, 21:40
"Canadian" is Molson Canadian beer. Quebec, actually, if that still counts as part of the land of Canadia. ;)

onlyafterdark
2005-01-13, 00:38
MGD is monkey piss. Yuck!!!

Brad
2005-01-13, 01:20
Can you recommend a good English-German dictionary for mac?On a serious note, try Sherlock in your /Applications folder. It has a pretty decent translator (it interfaces with SYSTRAN (http://www.systransoft.com/)).

SledgeHammer
2005-01-13, 01:36
If you live in Germany, don't bother with American beer. And if you live in America, you would be doing yourself a favor to ditch the domestic shit for brews made by people who know what they are doing. I spent last fall in Salzburg, Austria and have little tolerance for anything domestic besides Sam Adams and Yuengling. Augustiner Bräu Salzburg will always be my favorite brew (but it may be partly sentimental), of course the Belgians know their shit too...

OK, I'm sorry, you may go back to your topic now, or not, since it was pretty much covered already, whatever.