PDA

View Full Version : Mac Security Bundle

nikstar101
2009-10-07, 14:35
I just thought i would give you guys the heads up that Intego are doing a Mac Security bundle for €50. It includes Techtool Pro 5 and most (if not all) of the Intego packages, plus a few more.

I know that really MacOS doesn;t need most of them, but if you are interested check out

http://www.macpromo.com/

curiousuburb
2009-10-07, 15:22
Intego are evil. (Not just FUD tactics, but allegedly funding malware to help flog 'fixes') :mad:

They will get nothing but derision from me.

nikstar101
2009-10-07, 15:27
I must admit Intego are pretty dodgy. But i do like Techtool Pro and Personal Backup allows my Mac Pro and MacBook Pro to sync together. Which is worth it for €50 alone. Certainly ain't going to install Virus Barrier or the rest of their crap!

Luca
2009-10-07, 15:37
Isn't DiskWarrior a hugely better piece of software than TTP?

nikstar101
2009-10-07, 15:40

Well Diskwarrior does one thing and thats disk rebuilding/checking. Techtool does the whole machine, RAM, CPU, Graphics as well as hard disk.

Quite honestly its not essential, like Diskwarrior, but i found them quite useful if your trying to diagnose a fault for preventive maintenance (if needed).

Banana
2009-10-07, 16:21
Wasn't TTP infamous for destroying hardware in its checkups?

Brad
2009-10-07, 18:06
Yes.

Wasn't TTP infamous for destroying hardware in its checkups?
Yes. One of my drives fell victim to TTP several years ago. I will *never* make that mistake again, especially after seeing that mine didn't seem to be an isolated incident.

Well Diskwarrior does one thing and thats disk rebuilding/checking. Techtool does the whole machine, RAM, CPU, Graphics as well as hard disk.
Eh, arguably. The last time I looked at TTP, it seemed to be a whole lot of visual fluff to make you think it was doing some tests that were more intense than they really were.

Banana
2009-10-07, 18:28
Bingo.

You know what? It's been a while since Applenova did something fun. I'd like to propose that we organize a public trial & execution of the Intego.

Seems apropos given the season, don't you think? :)

tomoe
2009-10-07, 18:42
Does TechTool Deluxe (i.e. what one receives with AppleCare) have the same problem as TTP?

chucker
2009-10-08, 11:08
Does TechTool Deluxe (i.e. what one receives with AppleCare) have the same problem as TTP?

I wouldn't use TTD for anything but proving to the AppleCare staff that something is broken.