PDA

View Full Version : Wireless Mouse & Keyboard

ast3r3x
2009-11-08, 18:19
So I'm in the purchasing mood and along with my SSD & Ram, I'd like to pick up a nice mouse and keyboard. I have a few, and even one I like that I use at work, a logitech wave, but its wireless signal doesn't more than 4-5 feet and I'd like to start hooking up my laptop to my 50" plasma in my room.

To be honest, I actually like my macbook pros keyboard and trackpad and ideally I'd be able to just disconnect them, but obviously that can't be done so I'm here. Do you guys have any suggestions, because I really don't even know where to look. I tried Apple's wireless keyboard but it seemed really difficult to type on for some reason, even though I think it is the same size as their normal one, just without the keypad.

Chinney
2009-11-08, 18:28
Macally keyboards have generally received very good reviews on this forum. I recently bought their USB keyboard, and love it. They have a new BT keyboard, which might be good, but which I have not tried myself. I know nothing about their mice.

Robo
2009-11-08, 18:40
I adore Apple's compact keyboard and will never type on anything else. I'm thinking of starting to stockpile them, actually. But when we move from USB/Bluetooth to something else, I'll be screwed.

psmith2.0
2009-11-08, 18:50
I agree. Apple's current keyboard is just awesome, IMO. Even better, is that - finally - the entire line shares the same great design (it only took a zillion years for that to happen). But it's so comfortable and easy. I'm typing on it right now and I'm flying...such a nice, quiet and satisfying "click". More of a "tkk-tkk"...quiet and subtle.

Everyone who uses it hates it at first (it take a bit to get used to, compared to so many others), but within 10-15 minutes they want one.

:)

Capella
2009-11-08, 18:57
Everyone who uses it hates it at first (it take a bit to get used to, compared to so many others), but within 10-15 minutes they want one.

LIE. I used one for 30 min-2 hours a day for weeks in the computer labs and continue to dislike them.
But we all know I'm an old-school keyboard loving freak in the minority here.

Chinney
2009-11-08, 18:58
[...]

:)

I have only tried the Apple keyboard in the store...and did not like it. But I have never tried it for the 10-15 minutes that might be required....

kieran
2009-11-08, 19:28
I've got the wireless Apple keyboard and the wireless Mighty Mouse and love them both.

Probably going to pick up the Magic Mouse the next time my Mighty Mouse gunks up again.

ast3r3x
2009-11-08, 20:00
So you guys with the apple wireless keyboard, do you have it at a desk or are you doing it like in your lap? See I think because it is so short it won't work well. To clarify too, I like apple full size keyboard, but their wireless, even though I think everything is the same size minus the keypad, was a lot harder for me to type on for some reason.

kieran
2009-11-08, 20:04
I have mine on my desk with my MBA sitting on an iCurve.

Works just fine for me.

ast3r3x
2009-11-08, 20:13
Bad clarification on my part. I think it won't work well as a lap keyboard.