PDA

View Full Version : Renewing my MobileMe subscription..

kieran
2009-11-09, 15:16
I could have sworn I asked this question here before but I can't seem to find it.

My MM subscription is over next week. I want to renew it, but don't want to pay the $99 if I don't have to.

I have heard about buying from Amazon/eBay and just getting the code.

Is that what others have done? i've never done it so I'm just looking for some affirmation that it can be done.

Thanks.

Yontsey
2009-11-09, 15:29
Yeah you can get it from Amazon for like $69 I believe. I don't see any reason you couldn't get it off eBay either as long as it was a sealed copy. I've bought Applecare off eBay several times in the past and saved a boat load of money on it.

I would definitely go one of those routes if you're looking to renew. Might as well save some money.

torifile
2009-11-09, 16:07
Amazon is my preferred way to go for mobileme subs. They'll mail you a box with a code in it. There's a place on the mobileme site where you can enter the code. That's all there is to it.

I've also heard of people getting the mobileme "new computer" discount from Apple retail stores without actually buying a computer but that's just hearsay.

jdcfsu
2009-11-09, 19:20
I've also heard of people getting the mobileme "new computer" discount from Apple retail stores without actually buying a computer but that's just hearsay.

It's true. I've gotten it once. Find a nice apple clerk and ask polietly and they should give it to you.