PDA

View Full Version : Airport Express Speakers

pilot1129
2010-01-16, 22:44
I live and die by iTunes' Airport Express streaming music. But I decided I now want that capability in the bathroom too :)

Problem - all the speakers I can find
A) require power outlets to create good sound, and I'm short on outlets there and dont want to deal with wires/power cables that would be really hard to hide
B) are unpowered speakers which sound terrible. Yes, I'm an audio connoisseur even in the bathroom

My ideal solution would be speakers powered by USB, which are specifically designed to attach to an Airport Express with built in USB/3.5mm connections that just clips onto the APE

does anything like this exist anywhere?

turtle
2010-01-17, 01:21
I know there's a set called Tweakers (http://www.amazon.com/Grandmax-Tweakers-Mini-Boom-Speakers-Players/dp/B001QJGYZO) that work great but won't "fit" to the APE.

pilot1129
2010-01-17, 08:15
awesome, thats probably as close as I'll get to my ideal scenario. thanks!

any first hand experience with those? reviews are generally positive, it seems like a good product

turtle
2010-01-17, 09:21
No, I've not personally used them but have many customers come back and tell me how much they love them. They are cheaper at Office Depot (http://www.officedepot.com/catalog/search.do?fkey=null&Ntt=tweaker) BTW.

turtle
2010-03-22, 09:28
So what did you end up getting and how do you like it? I'm looking to do the same thing now. :)

stratotom
2010-03-23, 04:03
Slight sidetrack: What sort of consideration do you give to the steam/water vapour from the shower (assuming there's one in there)?

I've always thought it would be cool to have speakers in the bathroom, but worry about condensation getting inside them etc. etc. Is it not really a problem?

Yontsey
2010-03-23, 08:20
For my bathroom, I have an old 2nd or 3rd gen 20gb iPod in there with an old set of dock speakers. Nothing fancy. Does the trick for what I need and don't have to worry about my Classic or iPhone getting messed up.

For my Airport Express, I just have it hooked up to my surround sound in my living room so when I'm playing video games, I can just pop on some music or if I'm entertaining guests, likewise.