kuliand2
2005-01-19, 06:22
when is steve's next keynote?

Dave Hagan
2005-01-19, 06:58
Most likely it's the WWDC.

drewprops
2005-01-19, 07:49
It's easy to get hooked to the Stevenotes at the MacWorlds, but they come few and far between. Traditionally we always had MacWorld New York (MWNY) and MacWorld San Francisco (MWSF). Occasionally we had MacWorld Tokyo (MWTK) and MacWorld Paris (MWParis). Since the rollout of OS X the WorldWide Developers Conference (WWDC) became a potential product rollout/showoff event. Last year the organizers of MWNY decided that New York was too expensive and moved back to their traditional event site, Boston. Apple pulled out of that show because that city and event location did not lend the same world-class image as New York. Subsequently they do not have an official presence at that show and Steve does not present.

There have been other significant product rollouts in/near Cupertino.

If you're new to the Apple speculation game then you'll need to know all of these things... but second-guessing Apple is hardly a hobby that I would recommend.

psmith2.0
2005-01-19, 09:27
It seems, these days, the only three definite "Stevenote" venues are MWSF in January, WWDC in June or so and the Paris Expo in September (Steve would've been there to unveil the iMac G5, but was resting after surgery).

Those are the three biggies. The summer Boston show is a no-go anymore, and I can't recall the last time there was a Tokyo keynote. I know the graphite iBook was unveiled there in 2000 or so, and I'm about 95% sure, a couple of years later, that's where the Blue Dalmation and Flower Power iMacs were introduced.

In addition to the three in the first paragraph, you might also have a "special event" type of thing that Apple may announce and invite the press to. No set scheduling for that...just whenever Apple has something they want to unveil or announce. That can happen at anytime and originate from the Apple campus itself (original iPod unveiling) or that large auditorium - Flint Center? - (iMac DV) or in any location that makes sense for what they're doing that day (London, etc.).

I believe all the above is 99% correct. Someone will let us know if it isn't, trust me... :)

kuliand2
2005-01-19, 14:16
im new to watching the whole keynote thing but i've been into technology for years my dad is so i am too i suppose. he's more into home entertainment stuff though.