PDA

View Full Version : Skype & Minecraft

drewprops
2011-04-18, 20:43
I was talking to a friend who said that he and his buddies get on Skype whenever they're playing in a tourney and I'm wondering if we could create a regular conference channel that we could share for Skype Adventures. I suppose you could go in-game and then ask for the details once you're there? I've only just signed up for Skype tonight, so I'm a n00b.

Anyway, thought that could be fun for those times when a group go foraging together, or just for whenever!

Robo
2011-04-18, 20:57
I actually like that Minecraft has no voice chat. :o

drewprops
2011-04-18, 20:59
I just thought it might be fun.... the typing sucks, and when people are out on an exploration party it could be very handy!

turtle
2011-04-18, 22:39
I think it could work for those who do Skype. In fact it could work really well, the number of times it would come in handy are limited to a few factors though. Why not set it up and try it out. I'm not a Skype us though personally.

Brad
2011-04-18, 23:11
Count me out. I haven't played any other games with live chat before and the prospect seems... I don't know... too stream-of-conscious? Too intimate? Dunno. Just doesn't appeal to me in the least.

billybobsky
2011-04-18, 23:17
This one is out as well... Not sure I want to hear the unfiltered babble coming out of my mouth, and neither should you...

RowdyScot
2011-04-18, 23:53
Don't know that using other resources while Minecrafting will work so well on my computer.

Robo
2011-04-19, 00:21
Count me out. I haven't played any other games with live chat before and the prospect seems... I don't know... too stream-of-conscious? Too intimate? Dunno. Just doesn't appeal to me in the least.

Ditto.

This one is out as well... Not sure I want to hear the unfiltered babble coming out of my mouth, and neither should you...

Ditto.

Don't know that using other resources while Minecrafting will work so well on my computer.

And ditto.

Plus, I like that audio really isn't necessary to playing Minecraft, so I can blast music while mining.

And I'm very self-conscious about my voice. :o