PDA

View Full Version : MC: Piston Gizmos

drewprops
2011-07-05, 01:34
We had a bit of a workshop on building piston devices tonight in the great halls ranged beneath Mt. Floaty, above the trap.

Bruce build a mashing corridor.

Bry built a magic opening wall, Ali-Baba style.

I built an overhead stomper.

Somebody built a cobble maker... suppose that's a "regular" thing now?

Jak & Bry built an any-block maker.

lots of fun!
sorry if we've cluttered your VAST warehouse space BB! :lol:

2011-07-05, 17:00
Jak & Bry built an any-block maker.

...Jeez, where was that bug when I was sand mining? :|

ThunderPoit
2011-07-05, 22:34
Actually works awesome for sand or gravel. Just set it so the blocks would drop on a candle or half slab. Stand there and collect :)

drewprops
2011-07-05, 23:03
Who needs gravel?? What good is the stuff?? Btw, even I was able to get one of these gizmos working. Timing the switchout of redstone to get the contraption running seems more luck than skill :/

Bryson
2011-07-06, 01:15
I installed a Stargate-style Iris on the spawn portal. It's pretty cool when it closes, but I had to remodel the entrance a bit. Feel free to improve it, but....there's bloody wires everywhere in that hill now.

2011-07-06, 08:40
Actually works awesome for sand or gravel. Just set it so the blocks would drop on a candle or half slab. Stand there and collect :)I did exactly this yesterday afternoon as a test (I don't really need any more sand :|) and it was ridiculously fast in filling up my inventory. I ended up letting it go for a few rounds and came out with enough to make almost a full single-chest of sandstone, so that's nice. :)