PDA

View Full Version : A "Let's make fun of these idiots" sticky

torifile
2005-01-24, 11:55
I'd like to see all the *********/macmini threads merged into a thread where we can make fun of these losers endlessly. Add it to the stick at the top of GD and we've got a public tar and feathering worthy of their spam. What'd'ya say?

Brad
2005-01-24, 12:03
Haha! Not a bad idea. :)

I'll merge any future pyramid ad offers into that one.

psmith2.0
2005-01-24, 12:07
I'm all for it, if physical smackings are out of the question.

Seems lately that the biggest requirement for registering and posting here is NOT to read the posting guidelines...and to be a spam whore.

:mad:

Got REALLY bad, leading up to MWSF. Stupid, redundant threads ("will there be a PowerBook G5 at Macworld", etc.) and "FREE Ipods!!!" crap.

nomorewindows
2005-01-24, 12:21
I'd like to see all the *********/macmini threads merged into a thread where we can make fun of these losers endlessly. Add it to the stick at the top of GD and we've got a public tar and feathering worthy of their spam. What'd'ya say?

Yeah. If you can't roll them in their own feces and make them watch Full House reruns, then this is a good alternative. I hate those pyramid-scheme bastards. :devil:

LoCash
2005-01-24, 13:32
As amusing as the idea is, it's relatively bad form, and we will not being doing this. Mods should refer to a certain thread in the mod forum attempting to remedy such behaviour :)

Luca
2005-01-24, 14:11
I do believe I've been exceedingly polite when dealing with these guys. There was one who posted his links in an existing thread and also as a new thread, and I had to fight the urge to ban him right there. But we're trying to make sure everyone gets one warning before we ban. Normally they get the hint.

LoCash
2005-01-24, 14:45
We're also trying to make sure that we curb the rising trend of being assholes to new members. Just because someone posted one of these doesn't mean we toss them all into a sticky thread where we can all childishly pile on and make fun of them. Doesn't make us as a forum or community look any better, and I do believe it knocks us down several notches in class. It's bad form, period, and we won't be doing it. Further debates can be conducted outside of the public forum, because it's a moot issue as far as I'm concerned.