PDA

View Full Version : Prelude of the Chambered

Brad
2011-08-30, 22:12
Notch made a free game on a 48-hour coding binge: Prelude of the Chambered! :)

https://s3.amazonaws.com/ld48/index.html (Java, plays in-browser)

It's actually pretty fun for a simple game. Worth at least one play. I didn't make it to the end on my first try just now, but I did get…
the power glove, some trinkets, some keys, skates, a gun with ammo, a pair of clippers, some flippers, and a couple of health potions

I died in the crypt after being swarmed by a couple of the walking green things, and I wasn't fast enough to switch to use one of my potions.

Brad
2011-08-31, 19:38
Wait... did I put this thread in the wrong forum? :lol: Fixed.

billybobsky
2011-08-31, 21:38
I played it but suck with the gun and shooting... it's like aiming at a 3 pixel wide target (big pixels) when you only have 400 pixel (big pixels) motion control.

Robo
2011-09-02, 02:37
I got basically as far as you did on my first try, Brad. I got

the flippers
but then I decided to leave the crypt before defeating the "boss" there. I went to the fourth area and died at the "boss" there.

Not bad at all for a 48-hour game. :lol: I'll try it again later. I got ten trinkets, but I couldn't figure out how to get the one behind the boulder in the dungeon.

I probably shouldn't have...

...used all my ammo at the room full of bats (the boss room of the dungeon). But bats are scary!

Artap99
2011-09-02, 14:08
Not bad at all for a 48-hour game. :lol: I'll try it again later. I got ten trinkets, but I couldn't figure out how to get the one behind the boulder in the dungeon.

Keep punching it at different angles. Eventually it will move out of the way.