PDA

View Full Version : MC: Monster Island

2012-03-29, 18:52
http://www.greychristian.com/AN/Gojiraoutline.jpg

GRROOOOOIIINNNNK!!! GRROOOOOIIINNNNK!!! /best Gojira impression I have

He doesn't have feet or arms yet, and yeah, I'm not sure about the belly either, nor the chest. I'm kind've treating these builds like the brain slices you see on CSI, because I don't know how else to do it. I guess I'll sculpt as I go.

That said, I'm super happy with the tail so far. I think the curves are just right.

I'm a symmetry guy, I guess, looking back on all of my builds in MC. So, with the new occasional "Creative Mode" I thought I'd try my hand at some freeform structures, and since I'd already cordoned off an island for a different idea - and I couldn't do it justice without my legit loot - well, THIS.

There will be 9 Kaiju here with the plan I have now, all Toho, all incredibly difficult (for me, at least).... but I'm excited enough about it start a thread, and as they get built I will post updates. :)

RowdyScot
2012-03-29, 19:20
EPIC! Love the idea, 709! Looking forward to seeing the finished product. :)

drewprops
2012-03-29, 19:34
PLEASE build Goldar, Ultraman and Spectreman!!!

2012-03-29, 19:34
:D

I love the idea too. After Gojira, I'll probably do Mothra (in her larva stage), and then Rodan. I need to have these all facing W because, well, you'll see. :)

2012-03-29, 19:41
PLEASE build Goldar, Ultraman and Spectreman!!!

....This is a Toho island. The only other character I'd even consider would be Gigan. :) And that would be me stretching canon (as flimsy as it is).

Basically this will be Destroy All Monsters without Gorosaurus (nothing against him, he's just not that interesting to build) and Minilla (because he's annoying).

Robo
2012-04-01, 23:56
:eek:

I love it!

2014-04-25, 23:00
*bump*

http://www.greychristian.com/AN/mothrastart.jpg

Only 3 more weeks. I know. :|

kscherer
2014-04-26, 13:27
That's just … AWESOME!! :eek:

Brad
2014-04-26, 14:57
I peeked at the map yesterday and was thoroughly surprised and impressed by the in-progress Mothra. Nicely done! :)

turtle
2014-04-26, 16:21
That is awesome from the pics. I'm gonna have to visit in game now!

Brad
2014-04-26, 16:26
709, if you don't want to litter these guys with torches to keep mobs from spawning up top, I'd be happy to create a few WorldGuard regions around them to disable mob spawning. I just now tried that out for the Enterprise, and so far it seems to be working well.

kscherer
2014-04-26, 17:52
… I'd be happy to create a few WorldGuard regions around them to disable mob spawning …

WorldGuard, eh. Hmmmm … Working on bribery tactics in 3 … 2 … 1 …

Brad
2014-04-26, 18:01
WorldGuard, eh. Hmmmm … Working on bribery tactics in 3 … 2 … 1 …

No need to bribe. Just create an amazing/grand/epic build like Monster Island/Park to get my attention. ;)

2014-04-27, 14:55
709, if you don't want to litter these guys with torches to keep mobs from spawning up top, I'd be happy to create a few WorldGuard regions around them to disable mob spawning. I just now tried that out for the Enterprise, and so far it seems to be working well.I plan on removing all the torches after they're finished and just resigned myself to dealing with mobs, but if that's a thing you can do I'd be all for it! :) Maybe wait until I get them built before you wrap them? That way you can do all of them in one sitting.

It's unlikely I'm going to be able to get all 9 built before the 16th - I just found out I'll be needed out-of-town the week after next. Regardless, the 16th is still a target to finish at least the "major" kaiju. The others can come after.

Bryson
2014-04-27, 17:06
I think if mobs spawn on them it makes it a bit more "Cloverfield" and exciting...

billybobsky
2014-04-27, 17:21
Mobs are far less dangerous than the heights....

turtle
2014-04-27, 19:50
What would "scare" me is someone playing on it and a creeper taking out part of the build.

Elysium
2014-05-09, 18:15
<ring ring ring>

Hello?

seven days....

<click>

:wtf:

2014-05-09, 21:09
:(

Gojira & Mothra will be done on time, but my grand plan is pretty much shot. Not that the rest won't come after, but there's no way by the 16th. *Maybe* Rodan… maybe. It's going to be a long week. :|

Once 1.8 drops (and the bukkit necessities are in place) I hope to be finished with Monster Morass and get back to the park - because slime blocks will give me at least one more user-playable ride. :D

[edit]: eventually I'd like to figure out what worlds we were in matched to whatever version of MC. That should probably be a different thread, but it would be helpful to know for things like, "Oh, this was before you could place half-slab from the bottom. That shit is easy now." and "Nether? I barely knew her!" and of course "Fire! No seriously FIRE!!! GRAB THE WATER BUCKETS OR WE LOSE EVERYTHING! FLOOD THE WORLD!!!" Good times... good times. :D

drewprops
2014-05-09, 23:19
Wouldn't it be cool if Brad could re-skin a giant zombie to look like Gojira?????

2014-05-09, 23:38
Impossible because of the tail. Ultraman? MAYBE. :D

drewprops
2014-05-10, 00:03
OMG ULTRAMAN YES!!!!!!!!!

I just saw the Superior Ultra Brothers 8 thingy, what a silly load of nostalgia.

Had no idea that all those other Ultraman series had been done.

You MUST do Ultraman.

Then Goldar (opening credits (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pg2-ZKvMrIQ)).

Then Spectreman (opening & closing credits (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ec9d0HdCtrw)) - the rocking-est theme

* note to self: start white glove fashion wave in the USA