PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Recommend Cloudflare (CDN)?

Moogs
2012-09-21, 12:20
Cloudflare... does it suck?

My host is offering it free and it looks like it might help me to benefit from a CDN without hassling with settings and scripts and crap like that.

http://www.cloudflare.com

drewprops
2012-09-21, 13:22
I'm using it (I use MT) and for the most part it's been good.

There have been occasional times when it doesn't pull up the page and you get some sort of warning.

When you're whittling away working on code and CSS styles it won't always update in real time so you need to go and tell it to go into developer mode - not sure if that's just for YOU, at your IP, or for everyone who hits the thing - but you return to seeing "real time" changes.

Take a look at PiratePalooza.com and see how quickly it loads for you. I'm sure that I could optimize elements of that site even more but I just don't have the time.

Let me know if you do go with it.

Moogs
2012-09-23, 15:37
I'm using it (I use MT) and for the most part it's been good....

Take a look at PiratePalooza.com and see how quickly it loads for you. I'm sure that I could optimize elements of that site even more but I just don't have the time.

Let me know if you do go with it.

Arghhhh! That's mighty fast, matey! Thanks for the first-hand notes on this so called flaring cloud. Now I want you to slap on a whole bunch of tag clouds, blog rolls, subscription widgets and other mostly useless things, and let's see if it slows down. *sarcasm* You'd do that for an internet homey wouldn't you? :D

Actually your design is pretty sweet. I've just used a variation on a popular WP theme without much customization. Starting a new site soon too with use of that Genesis Framework and child theme environment. So far looks pretty powerful but a little intimidating.