PDA

View Full Version : Head's up on a Lexar flash drive sale at Office Depot...

psmith2.0
2013-02-15, 14:38
I've been wanting to get a 32GB flash drive for some time now, and just never got around to it. I see them online for some good prices, but in some instances by the time you factor in tax and shipping, it's a wash. Plus, I'm not exactly known for my patience...if I want something, I tend to want it NOW, and don't want to way "3-6 business days" if I don't absolutely have to.

Anyway, I just got a Lexar 32GB JumpDrive (USB 3.0 even) at Office Depot for $19.99. It's normally $49.99 there, which I know is kinda high markup. In any case, if you're needing one today/this weekend, check out your nearest Office Depot store. They had several types of Lexar drives (along with others). Unfortunately I didn't think to notice the price on the others, but a huge chunk of them all had the "sale/special price" signage on their respective hanger/rack.

Coolest thing of all, it's kinda curvy with a nice two-tone orange and white design. It looks like a flash drive version of a 1999 iBook. So you know that makes me happy (and helped make the decision a lot easier).

https://www.rlsupplies.co.uk/2202350-15273-large/lexar-32gb-jumpdrive-s73-usb30-pen-drive.jpg

I rarely ever go into Office Depot, so it was a happy accident.

Capella
2013-02-15, 15:24
Aw man, that is an adorable color scheme.

turbulentfurball
2013-02-15, 15:44
It looks like a smaller white iPhone 4 with an orange bumper, which, if I recall, was your favourite colour combination, wasn't it? Looks good!

psmith2.0
2013-02-15, 16:08
Aw man, that is an adorable color scheme.

Yeah, they've got a few more, tied to the capacities. Green, purple and blue.

http://www.techfresh.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Lexar-JumpDrive-S73-USB-3.0-Flash-Drives.jpg

I'm always shuttling something somewhere, so this will be nice. My sister snagged my 8GB a few weeks ago and I guess it's just gonna stay gone. :)

She can have it now!

It looks like a smaller white iPhone 4 with an orange bumper, which, if I recall, was your favourite colour combination, wasn't it? Looks good!

It was indeed, "looks like a Creamsicle!" comments be damned!

drewprops
2013-02-15, 16:33
The 64GB is just $39.99 - interesting...

Yontsey
2013-02-15, 16:36
I've been wanting to get one if these to put a clean copy of osx 10.8 for emergencies.