PDA

View Full Version : 27" Monitor or Dual 24"

nikstar101
2013-02-15, 16:58
As the title says I am thinking of changing my monitor setup, mainly because I have an Apple 24" LED Display and I am not a fan of the glossy display. I have put up with it for a while now (OK 4 years!! :lol: ) but now I have decided I cannot take it any more so what should I change it for?

I was thinking of one 27" display or two 24"s. I think i prefer the two 24"s to be honest as i can put all my iTunes, Mail, Activity Monitor etc windows on my 2nd display and then have my primary display for the important stuff, like Aperture, Safari etc. Therefore I am de-clutering and hopefully will find it easier to find windows without have to keep flipping through them. Plus i get to keep the Apple 24" display and use it as a second display.

The 27" is appealing on the size of the primary display but it doesn't solve the clutter issue, since i will probably just have bigger Safari and Aperture windows and then still have to hunt out Finder etc. But it would be good for movies etc but i think most 27" displays are 16:9 which might look a tad weird for other things. But big is cool....

So does any one have any good advice??

Luca
2013-02-15, 17:51
I'd take two monitors over one unless the two monitors are MUCH smaller. Like, I'd probably take one 27" screen over two 17" screens, but once you get to 21" or above, duals are better. Way better. You don't even know.

I actually have a THREE monitor setup at home! Got a couple of old 17" 1280x1024 LCDs from my work and decided they'd look good flanking my regular 23".

Brave Ulysses
2013-02-15, 18:15
Two 24" screens. No question.

I have a 27' iMac... it's nice. But I did much better when I had two 22" screens. Despite the big size, it's still not really practical to work on 2 things at once on a 27" screen.