PDA

View Full Version : MC: AppleNova Direwolf20 world homes and claims coordinate-sharing thread!

Brad
2013-02-20, 16:39
So, um...I don't know who did it (it wasn't Drew - I found his hidey hole and this wasn't it), but someone built a shack on the frozen river I claimed and dug down to bedrock and began strip mining. Pretty certain everyone knew that I'd claimed that area from chatting in game. Hope there are resources left. :/

This is why we need to post our locations on the forums! Please, let's respect other sites and not mine out from under one another. We should probably avoid a 100-block radius around other sites unless given permission. Biomes are big enough that this shouldn't be an issue.

I'll start.

gerlocian and I have set up camp around -1150 +540.

Who's next?

RowdyScot
2013-02-20, 16:46
I'm on the frozen river in the ice wasteland. -875, 390. Kinda had a project for a chunk of the wasteland, but I'm not sure how large it is going to be just yet or where it will go within.

Robo
2013-02-20, 16:51
I'm at +300 +450. I'm not sure I'm actually planning on building anything substantial there, though. Right now it's just an outpost and a tiny mine.

If any of you are in the area, feel free to drop by and help yourself to some potatoes :D

billybobsky
2013-02-20, 17:05
Hmm...

I built the shack. But I am not sure who came first: I threw down torches as soon as I settled (which was on Sunday) and there is no way I could have known RS declared that area...

I don't have any great plans, but I have been digging around in a cave system I found beneath....

RowdyScot
2013-02-20, 17:48
I claimed it the first night we had FTB up, but hadn't had a chance to go and place any torches down because I was working on some community projects near spawn as well as getting some supplies established at the community farm. Hadn't even seen you on yet, Bruce. It's not a big deal. Just thought everyone was aware.

2013-02-20, 19:11
I'll be living at the treefarm construction site for the foreseeable future, but I'd eventually like to set up shop in the redlands. I've been hiking around looking for saplings, but so far haven't come across a redlands or autumn tree biome yet (the only two I've really wanted to find, btw :D :\ ). I've found all the other saplings I need besides the colored oak trees.

turtle
2013-02-20, 19:19
I'm out at about -1500 +191 in a village.

turtle
2013-02-20, 20:03
http://turtle2472.com/s/20130220_200034.png

-1551 -857

Is this what you are looking for 709?

2013-02-20, 20:06
YES! Dammit. I knew I should've gone diagonal from 0,0 while sapling hunting. If you have no plans for it, I would love to take it over. :)

turtle
2013-02-20, 20:20
It is yours. I have no plans for it at all. I actually went out looking for the sapling you were missing and figured I would head north from my place to adventure a little.

turtle
2013-02-20, 20:39
http://turtle2472.com/s/20130220_203213.png

http://turtle2472.com/s/20130220_203732.png

Cool rugged village I found.

Foj
2013-02-20, 22:05
Just wanted to add the coordinates of the area where I've set camp.

-430, -55

billybobsky
2013-02-21, 06:36
I claimed it the first night we had FTB up, but hadn't had a chance to go and place any torches down because I was working on some community projects near spawn as well as getting some supplies established at the community farm. Hadn't even seen you on yet, Bruce. It's not a big deal. Just thought everyone was aware.
Are we ok to share the biome?

RowdyScot
2013-02-22, 00:04
Are we ok to share the biome?

Yeah, that should be fine. I'm scrapping my previous plan in place of something for another area. :)

Brad
2013-02-23, 13:54
I split off these posts so we can have an easy-to-find thread to share our coordinates since we're all so spread out. Keep 'em in here!

Elysium
2013-02-23, 14:03
I've got a rough area staked out and largely torched off approximately 1000m due south of spawn:

NW Corner: -240 +950
NE Corner: -45 +1050
SW Corner: -240 +1300
SE Corner: -45 +1300

Nik_Everett
2013-02-26, 21:27
I've dropped my basecamp at -950 875

Bryson
2013-02-26, 21:32
I'm attempting to colonize the village near spawn. (With no villagers, btw..what happened there?)

drewprops
2013-02-26, 23:01
There were villagers there when I first went through on the way to my place, just past them.

NO idea if somebody killed them.

I personally won't do that kind of thing, they were my neighbors :(

Brad
2013-02-26, 23:52
I'm attempting to colonize the village near spawn. (With no villagers, btw..what happened there?)

Again? Last night I actually added 6-8 villagers to that place because I felt it was too ghost-towny. I even put doors on huts to give the little guys more protection. I wonder if zombies are getting them somehow.

Stevuh
2013-02-27, 00:02
Need to make an Iron Golem there to protect them. If it's the Village i'm thinking of I even lit it up with torches for them. Though it looks like a creeper got to them initially.

billybobsky
2013-02-27, 03:48
Just before anyone thinks it -- it was a ghost town when I past through first -- I may be up for the occasional mass murder but I am not a monster...

drewprops
2013-02-27, 08:08
Note that I've also made a hut on the volcano that's west-southwest of my current home. I'm not claiming the volcano, in case any of you want it - just wanted to mine some of the rock to play with.

Being one of the lesser players I'm not going to be very pushy about staked claims :)

Bryson
2013-02-27, 15:02
It looks like the 8 you seeded are still there now. I might build a "Hotel" and farm some more villagers up - hopefully some golems will spawn naturally too.

I suspect a Zombie siege was to blame - there was one taking place when I took "possession", as it were.

turtle
2013-02-27, 20:26
Do doors inside count to bring about spawning of villagers? I can certainly build a building with tons of doors on the outside, I just haven't yet for my area.

I have no golems yet either.

Also, The Western branch of the skyway goes out to my place now. Drew and Bryson, you guys might want to build connections to it for safe travel.

Bryson
2013-02-27, 20:37
Is there a "Style Guide" for Skywalk access stairs I should know about?

turtle
2013-02-27, 21:34
None that I know of. Just make it look like you want it too look. :)

I'm planning to add smooth stone firebreaks in it about every 60 - 100 blocks or so. Nothing solid just yet though.

drewprops
2013-02-28, 00:00
Thanks T!

2013-03-03, 12:44
http://www.greychristian.com/AN/autumn.jpg

:) :) :) :) :)

I'll post coords once I go through my screenshot/breadcrumb trail, but this is my new home. :)

Plus, sapling hunt is complete! The autumn trees are spruce trunks too (I assumed they were oak) so that's kind've nice.

drewprops
2013-03-03, 13:52
There are SEASONS?

2013-03-03, 14:04
Autumn biome. I've been searching for this goddamn place for forever. I was so relieved when I found it. I may have even dug out an old cigarette pack from the basement and had one to rejoice.

I've traveled 5000 blocks each direction looking for it, and North I traveled over 20000 blocks because I hit an ocean. I never found the the other side of it btw* (huge biomes are huge - oceans especially, apparently :| ). I drowned myself off of a Mooshroom island just to get back home. :\

So I started doing diagonals instead of straight NSEW, and hells yes, finally found it. I'm just thrilled. What a pain in the ass that was. :)

* I set in at ~ 4500. 16000 blocks later still no sight of the other side. note!: boats break after about 6000 blocks. Luckily I had a couple on me, but if I didn't I'd be in the shit. I have a shack where I left my loot at 415, 20550 on the Mooshroom isle. Have at it. If you dare. ;)

2013-03-04, 19:50
OK. It's around 1300, 2350. I need to scout around it a little bit before posting coords to my house, but there it is. The 2 blue trees are likely to a part of my estate, so stay away from them. ;)

Bryson
2013-03-04, 19:54
If you plant saplings in the autumn biome, do they grow with random coloured leaves?

2013-03-04, 20:13
You can plant autumn saplings anywhere. The treefarm has a bunch right now, so go for your life. One little fun thing about the autumn saplings though that I just discovered - short ones have spruce trunks, larger ones have oak trunks. Neat stuff. :)

And no. There's no random. There are 4 different saplings, one for each autumn color.

drewprops
2013-03-04, 20:19
Will there be BLUE ones in the tree farm?

2013-03-04, 20:33
I've just been planting as I need specific planks as I dig downward, but I've only 2 more levels to go. So - I'm thinking about the best layout for trees going downwards. There are 6 levels besides the basement (which will have other goodies) so, I'm thinking:

1 - Oak. No spaces in between. Perfect for charcoal making and skywalk building.
2 - Rubber. 3 spaces between. So it goes.
3 - Spruce. I know we live in a forest, but whatever. I'd rather you take down all of these than random hatcheting outside.
4 - Birch. My gods how I love Birch.
5 - Acacia. Interestingly, they grow as tight as Oak, but drop much less saplings if grown together. So no. They look better 1 apart anyways.
6 - Autumn. So sexy. On that level we'll have one strip each of each color.

Sound good? :)

Note: The basement level will be used for reed, cocoa and cacti farms (plus growing redwood and fir, of course). If it's not big enough for demand I may build a smaller adjoining farm.

Brad
2013-03-04, 20:44
Sounds good, 709. In fact, you might even want to remove the dirt between spaces for rubber, acacia, etc. to force (and make easier) planting of saplings the right distances apart.

2013-03-04, 20:47
Will there be BLUE ones in the tree farm?

...No. Those are magic-style trees and need some crazy voodoo to grow. I'm not even interested in learning the why/how of that sort of thing at this point. ;)

2013-03-04, 20:50
Sounds good, 709. In fact, you might even want to remove the dirt between spaces for rubber, acacia, etc. to force (and make easier) planting of saplings the right distances apart.Of course. :) The only reason they're all dirt now is that as I was digging down I wasn't sure what I'd need afa wood. I've been planting and replanting as I go down, depending on how many planks I needed of each color. So optimum planting style. ;)

I planned on putting redwood blocks as the spacers. Sexier than the oak blocks I put in as spacers at the trashcan in BP.

Brad
2013-03-05, 01:03
I'm attempting to make skyway-building a little less painful. I've written a small program for the ComputerCraft turtles that will build sections of skyway automatically! It's just a prototype for now, but it seems to work well. I may use this for the next stretch I build...

Watch the video! http://youtu.be/xKlxMJ4Tb1U

Here it is mid-step:
http://i.imgur.com/CsMSdui.jpg

It's "customizable" insofar as the materials are determined by what you put in specific slots of the turtle's inventory. In this demo run, I fed its inventory slots glass panes, planks, dirt, planks, and glass panes. The prototype only builds 5 sections before stopping, one of which gets a torch in the center, but the next step is to make the program take an input length and iterate to completion (or until it runs out of blocks).

drewprops
2013-03-05, 01:12
Very nice! So just pack those with stacks and away you go!

I assume you can build houses and other stuff this same way? Tres moderne!

2013-03-16, 11:25
Hookay - I've decided to pass on the autumn biome and set up in the redlands like I originally wanted to. My shack coords are -1895 -1445. Also, I've moved out of the treefarm (finally)! :D

drewprops
2013-03-23, 01:09
It's been awhile since I chased down my nether portal's location and I made two abortive attempts before figuring out the correct location.... which happens to be right smack dab in the middle of a path... no kidding.

However, the orientation of the portals don't match... so maybe the one in the nether could be rotated? I'm tired so have to get out of there tonight. Anyway, mine is very close to spawn... it' unlabeled and you have to run through it to continue down the hallway...

Sorry :(

drewprops
2013-04-03, 02:50
I'm up taking care of my dad and trying to figure out where everybody ended up in this world. I'm really, really tired so this is probably really wrong, but see what you think.

http://i.imgur.com/0YwfFMX.png

drewprops
2013-04-03, 03:02
I've headed into the great white north.

Found a village at -400, 1385 and a temple of some sort slightly farther south - it had orange wool in its construct, is that natural or did one of you make it?

My journey continues at sun up.

2013-04-03, 08:18
I'd be up in the NW corner, Drew. -1900 -1450

I'm far away, but not that far away. :D

[edit]: Ah, I see. You have me out at the autumn biome. I'm in the redlands.

drewprops
2013-04-03, 10:08
Thanks, Grey.

This file is crap and it's sloppy, but it's a start.

It's in Illustrator, if anybody wants it I can put it somewhere... a dropbox or something? Where?

billybobsky
2013-04-03, 12:00
I think you mean who?

2013-04-03, 13:49
It'd be cool if there was some way to update it via shared Google Docs or something, but I've never used that suite so I'm not sure if it's even possible.

Bryson
2013-04-03, 13:57
OK, now I can't make tin gears. Same thing. Is that a forestry thing too?

If so, is there another way to make an electrical engine that I don't know about?

Edit: Nvm. The recipe with a iron ingot in the middle instead of a stone gear works.

Edit 2: But hang on...the electrical engine recipe won't work with that type of tin gear. No electrical engines?

2013-04-03, 13:59
How are you trying to make it? Stone gear in the center with tin ingots NSEW?

[edit]: There you go. The gears thing is weird. It's not like it was before in the Tekkit world.
[edit2]: Aha. The wiki says the tin gear was removed as it's part of the Forestry Mod. The new recipe must've been created to get around that.
[edit3]: Nope. Tin gear is bunk afaict, so no Electrical Engines to convert EU into MJ. That's a kick in the nuts. I was planning on creating a few myself for RailCraft machines. :| Maybe the overlords can majick a few until we see if the next update fixes it? Not if it would break anything though. I'm super gun-shy after The Scarecrow Incidentâ„¢.

Bryson
2013-04-03, 18:23
Whoops, wrong thread. Oh well.

Drew: You can literally see my place from yours, and yet I don't make the map? :sadface:

RowdyScot
2013-04-03, 18:53
Electrical Engines are Forestry, as are the tin gears.

Bryson
2013-04-03, 19:37
Apparently what we want is an Energy Link. Not as pretty as an electrical engine. :(

For now, my stirlings are powering my quarry just fine.

drewprops
2013-04-03, 21:53
Whoops, wrong thread. Oh well.

Drew: You can literally see my place from yours, and yet I don't make the map? :sadface:

LOL!!

I was tired!!
Plus I was just pulling coords from this thread :D

We can have a better map soon!

turtle
2013-04-03, 22:24
It'd be cool if there was some way to update it via shared Google Docs or something, but I've never used that suite so I'm not sure if it's even possible.

So, I'm doing this now with my Gmail account. Right now, it's found here (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Ap_L_x5QPOR0dEZESFVCMEZmaDhPcW94cGkwUUpPZ FE&output=html). I'm the only one that can edit it so I'm going to need to do it soon. If someone wants to help out, send me your email and I'll give you an invite to update it.

Also, How about everyone post their locations again so I don't have to hunt. I admit, I'm being lazy. :D

drewprops
2013-04-03, 22:34
I've just found a cool village at -378, -1915 I'm calling it Cooltown.

drewprops
2013-04-03, 22:57
Okay!

I have found a place I'm claiming called "Magic Mountain" and I've built a hut at -372 -2142

It has some sort of temple on the top of it... sort of "Tiki Gods" on top, and they shot at me... little glowing things. There's a chest that I haven't gone to check out yet.

This will be my new hangout.

I have supplies for building a nether portal and will do so next.

So what is this temple?

EDIT!!

Thanks to Spec I now know that I found an Obsidian Totem (http://thaumcraft-3.wikia.com/wiki/Obsidian_Totem)!!

drewprops
2013-04-03, 23:17
I ran over and grabbed the contents of the chest - two enchanted books and some sort of programmer thingy and some "steel" leggings and some other minerals and stuff... pretty cool.

Okay, going into nether now....