PDA

View Full Version : MC: The end of The End (or Endergeddon 2014)

Brad
2014-03-12, 18:51
As mentioned here:

http://forums.applenova.com/showthread.php?p=780613#post780613

I'm going to wipe The End tomorrow! Then on Friday it's time for an Ender Dragon hunt!

I'm thinking we meet online at 8 PM EDT on Friday (March 14) in downtown Cashout Cove, and once we have a quorum, we'll dive through the memorial egg park. Does that work OK for your schedule?

RowdyScot
2014-03-12, 19:05
May I PLEASE suggest a wait until Saturday night for the Ender Dragon hunt? My new computer comes Friday. It won't be setup until 1 AM Saturday or so.

Brad
2014-03-12, 19:08
:lol: OK!

I did originally mention either Friday or Saturday, but since nobody piped up, I just picked one. Saturday evening is good for me too.

Any other pleas for schedule change from anyone?

RowdyScot
2014-03-12, 19:10
It'd be a nice way to christen the new computer!

billybobsky
2014-03-12, 19:34
Not to make this any less significant event than it is: but the Enderdragon is relatively easy to defeat in the grand scheme of things. I think the last time I took it on single handedly, it took me less than 15 minutes (and that was because I was climbing up the obsidian towers to knock out the regen crystals). So how 'bout you spice it up this time. Spawn in some withers and perhaps a second enderdragon. Keep everyone busy with one or two bosses per each player. Make it a fight you could lose...

turtle
2014-03-12, 20:00
Boo, I'm going to be out until late. You guys have lot of fun though!

Bryson
2014-03-12, 20:43
West Coast + Baby means I will only probably catch the tail end (as it were). Have fun, I'll come along and hoover up the XP when you're finished. ;)

kscherer
2014-03-12, 21:05
I can make Saturday, but not until 7:45 MST (9:45 EST). If you can wait until then, Jess and I are in. If not, we'll see you around then.

That's a bit late, I know, so don't hold the fort unless all are good with it. We had our dragon fun (as you all know) so we'll be okay one way or the other.

Brad
2014-03-12, 22:28
West Coast + Baby means I will only probably catch the tail end (as it were). Have fun, I'll come along and hoover up the XP when you're finished. ;)

Boo, I'm going to be out until late. You guys have lot of fun though!

Would pushing to 9 PM EDT be any better? I'm cool with that!

kscherer
2014-03-13, 12:49
What time is the toilet getting flushed, today?

billybobsky
2014-03-13, 12:52
I am not sure I will be up until 1 am on Sunday... but if I don't make it, y'all have fun...

Bryson
2014-03-13, 13:12
Would pushing to 9 PM EDT be any better? I'm cool with that!

Don't worry about me. By the time the baby is in bed, it's 8:30PM PT so wayyyy too late for you guys.

drewprops
2014-03-13, 13:42
I keep reading this thread's title as "Ermagerddon".

ThunderPoit
2014-03-13, 14:09
Ermagerd, dergerns!

Brad
2014-03-13, 16:30
What time is the toilet getting flushed, today?

Some time after I get home from work, which at this rate is looking like around 8 PM EDT maybe? I'll probably grab something to eat first. 9 or 10 PM EDT is more likely.

kscherer
2014-03-13, 16:51
Back to exploring. Taking your word for it so's I don't get chopped in half should I be in the wrong cave at the wrong time!

;)

Brad
2014-03-13, 17:26
Oh, yeah, I wouldn't worry about that as long as you get somewhere safe before logging out. I'll get online, announce the cull, and have to shut down the server before the operation.

turtle
2014-03-13, 20:37
If we do this Saturday I will likely be able to join in...

Brad
2014-03-13, 20:57
Some time after I get home from work, which at this rate is looking like around 8 PM EDT maybe? I'll probably grab something to eat first. 9 or 10 PM EDT is more likely.

Ugh. Forget it... I'll do it tomorrow. No rush since the party isn't until Saturday night anyway.

Brad
2014-03-13, 20:57
If we do this Saturday I will likely be able to join in...

Huzzah! Looks like Saturday night about 8 or 9 PM EDT it is.

drewprops
2014-03-13, 21:19
Oh. So THAT'S why nobody is in here right now.

Guess I'll go over to the mob trap and follow Bruce's instructions on warping.

RowdyScot
2014-03-13, 23:44
Posted from the new iMac, btw. It came a day early. Getting Java installed for MC at the moment, then will be on to christen the computer on the server. :D

Brad
2014-03-14, 17:24
I'll be wiping The End and trimming down the overworld tonight!

I did a dry run on a local backup, and here's a pic of how the overworld should look after the trim:

http://i.imgur.com/nqPwd9M.jpg

kscherer
2014-03-14, 18:31
Beginning to look a bit like a Space Invaders alien.

2014-03-14, 18:57
Wait, wait… if I unloaded armor and my enchanted tools after the backup (which I thought was a scheduled one), but before the world wipe prompt, will it still be in my chest? :eek:

Hopefully. :|

[edit]: nm. I freaked out for nothing. ;) Quickest wipe ever!

Brad
2014-03-14, 19:02
The deed is done. :)

Also!

http://i.imgur.com/UJJC8Vc.jpg

Brad
2014-03-14, 19:03
Wait, wait… if I unloaded armor and my enchanted tools after the backup (which I thought was a scheduled one), but before the world wipe prompt, will it still be in my chest? :eek:

Hopefully. :|

Damn, dude, you must have the worst timing in the world. A bunch of us had been online, and there couldn't have been more than 5 minutes between when we all signed off and I started the shutdown. :p

2014-03-14, 19:44
Ha! Thankfully all is well. :)

I get a little nervous every time this sort of things happen. ;)

Brad
2014-03-14, 19:57
By the way, anyone who sneaks into The End via the other portals before the party to defeat the dragon will get a stern whoopin'.

(Don't forget I can read the logs!) :p

2014-03-14, 20:07
:D :lol:

2014-03-15, 20:48
Brad? You OK out there?

[edit]: We chose to bail rather than go in without you, so maybe everyone plan for 9EDT tomorrow night? Hopefully it's just an internet or router thing that got temporarily boinked and not anything too weird.

drewprops
2014-03-15, 21:45
Oh cool! Then maybe I can play!!

Brad
2014-03-15, 21:53
Damn... sorry about that. Couldn't be worse timing! :(

Something on my network decided to drop a deuce, and I spent the last hour and a half rebooting and reconfiguring things trying to get back to a working state. I have *no idea* what I fixed or if there are just voodoo cosmic rays at work.

drewprops
2014-03-15, 22:07
I think Missus Brad just wanted a little attention ;)

drewprops
2014-03-16, 18:17
I popped in and Lynn was doing some grinding in my place.

She said that we're probably still on for 9pm, is that right?

I can do it tonight if BRAD DOESN'T SCREW IT UP AGAIN!!!!!

;)

kscherer
2014-03-16, 18:38
I'm in for the first hour. Jess won't be there, 'cause she's sitting on a baby.

kscherer
2014-03-16, 21:53
That was foul!

Just, epic good fun in a foul way.

Foul, as in, holy foul undies, Batman!

Drew, no more pets for you!

What happens when a player becomes smitten with the creatures that inhabit the underworld and takes one home to snuggle with?

http://i62.tinypic.com/2exput4.jpg

http://i58.tinypic.com/20frxue.jpg

http://i61.tinypic.com/149a6c8.png

Unbelievable!

What great fun that was. Let's do it again, sometime! :p

For those who missed it, Brad spawned 6 dragons, and three of them followed Drew through a portal back to the over world. Yeah. It was one of those nights. I'll let Drew tell you all about the brand spankin' new hole he has under his house. :lol: :err:

Brad
2014-03-16, 22:45
So, yeah, that happened. :lol:

Fortunately, a backup kicked off at 20:50 *just* before we started the trip to The End. Sometime tomorrow I'll be wiping the overworld and restoring from that backup. If I can sneak online before work in the morning, I'll do it then. Otherwise, it'll be late in the evening. Regardless, I'll post here to let you guys know when it's happening.

Until then, don't do anything in the main world that you don't want to lose!

drewprops
2014-03-16, 22:47
I uploaded some shots to an IMGUR gallery but not sure how to link to single images... Link (http://imgur.com/a/Qjurj#K5azT43).

So.

Brad made about 5 million Ender dragons for us to fight.

I went and dug myself out a safe spot inside an obsidian tower with a peephole to shoot through. Enderdragons can STILL fly through them and hit you for damage but it's slightly safer than hiding under the normal "dirt" blocks from the end.

After the dragons were finally beaten we were dawdling around and so Brad made some of those Wither things to fight. One of them just went to town on me and killed me, so I had to /back and try to get all my stuff.

Once I had it all I was like "I'm getting out of here while I still have all my stuff" because Brad was spawning cows riding villagers and creepers riding ducks and such.... it was just crazy.

So I stepped out and woke up back in the world and was getting ready to head back to base when I saw something in the sky.

IT WAS AN ENDERDRAGON.

"Damn you, Brad," I thought to myself.

So I ran toward the water, thinking I could get away.

YOU CANNOT GET AWAY FROM AN ENDERDRAGON IN THE WATER.

He kept killing me, underwater.

I kept typing in /back with the desperate hope of recovering my weapons and armor.

I don't know HOW many times I did this.

Finally, I ended up underground with the Enderdragon coming after me repeatedly. I thought that I recognized some stairs, but the space was full of water and dark and scary and I kept punching him.

I PUNCHED HIM.

And I PUNCHED HIM.

And I PUNCHED HIM.

And I PUNCHED HIM.

And I PUNCHED HIM.

I don't know how many times.

And he DIED!!!

I KILLED HIM WITH MY BARE HANDS!!!!1

I thought I was going to drown but I found a way through and into my underground home base and then back up to the surface.

There was a portal to the End right there at the top in the sand.

Everybody worked to patch up the roof... the staircase down was ruined.

And then Grey said "Hey, there's a dragon over here....." -- there were 2 over by his amusement park.

kscherer
2014-03-16, 22:53
It was a gas!

CaptainDrew was slain by Ender Dragon

Wash, rinse, repeat

And then, "Uh, there's a dragon over here."
"Where?" says I
"By 7's tower," says Grey. "Uh, oops."
"Ugh," says I, realizing I was going to have to explain to my daughter why her beautiful tower was destroyed.

Oh, by the way. I'm not gonna tell her about the backup. Not yet, anyway. :D

Brad
2014-03-17, 07:45
Backup restored! Hopefully things are back to a reasonable state now.

turtle
2014-03-17, 19:59
Here is The End (http://mc.applenova.com/TheEnd/). As of now that is.

drewprops
2014-03-17, 23:50
Until Brad repairs the plumbing on the in-town End Portal I've installed a Nether portal that takes you right into the room with the "true" Nether portal inside the fortress due East of Brad's city.

Just head East of Nether spawn and look for the signs to The End.