PDA

View Full Version : Leather couch stain protector

Kickaha
2014-06-10, 18:49
So I've got a three year old leather couch that's starting to show wear. I grabbed some each of Lexol cleaner, and conditioner, and am going to try them out tonight, but I'm looking for something that would be a bit more of a stain guard after the leather is moisturized and cleaned. Water alone leaves a spot, I can't imagine what a glass of wine would do.

Anyone have any recommendations?

Brad
2014-06-10, 18:57
Leather couch stain protector

I can't help but ask... is this your couch?

http://i.imgur.com/ok0vpgy.jpg

Windswept
2014-06-10, 19:15
Maybe you could stop by the Parts Dept. of one of the car dealerships that sells products for detailing their cars with leather interiors. I bought an expensive but good product at the Toyota dealer for cleaning, conditioning and protecting leather car seats. It even has a protectant of some kind against the sun.

But cars tend to have food eaten in them and a good leather-care product for cars should have a cleaner, conditioner and protectant in it. If the dealership doesn't carry anything, maybe drop by a good car detaling place and see what they have or recommend.

Kickaha
2014-06-10, 19:19

I can't help but ask... is this your couch?

http://i.imgur.com/ok0vpgy.jpg

Oh Brad, you cheeky monkey, you so know it is. I took me scrubbing it twice to get it clean after you left.

Kickaha
2014-06-10, 19:20
Maybe you could stop by the Parts Dept. of one of the car dealerships that sells products for detailing their cars with leather interiors. I bought an expensive but good product at the Toyota dealer for cleaning, conditioning and protecting leather car seats. It even has a protectant of some kind against the sun.

But cars tend to have food eaten in them and a good leather-care product for cars should have a cleaner, conditioner and protectant in it. If the dealership doesn't carry anything, maybe drop by a good car detaling place and see what they have or recommend.

Lexol was the product line recommended by the furniture store, and was available only at auto stores in my area, but it's not a sealant. I called back to ask about that specifically, and they said they let the manufacturer do that, they don't. So... meh.