PDA

View Full Version : MC: BattleNova 2 starts 2014-07-11 at 21:00 EDT

Brad
2014-06-21, 20:12
Just a reminder since this was buried several pages deep into the original AppleNova UHC thread (http://forums.applenova.com/showthread.php?t=37928):

Oh yes, about that! We should totally make this a monthly gig!

I was thinking the first Friday of the month, but next month's first Friday is July 4th and people probably have other plans. How about the second Friday of the month? For July, that would put it on the 11th.

A few people replied affirmative, but I wanted to put this reminder front and center so it wouldn't be missed!

Will you be joining the party on July 11th? :)

Brad
2014-06-21, 20:28
Also, we should outline a few rules here now that we've been through the exercise once.

Last team standing wins. This is the simple definition of the game! :) Once all other teams have been eliminated either through battle or incompetence, the last team (or person) surviving will be declared the winner.
Accept and use the server resource/texture pack. Use of x-ray packs or other texture packs will be considered cheating and will get your team disqualified.
No exploring, mining, or crafting until I announce that the game has officially started. Once we've split off into our teams and teleported to our starting places, we need to give the server and clients a minute or so to generate the world and catch up. I will be erasing everyone's inventories when the game officially starts. So, you're only hurting yourself by jumping the gun!
No branch mining. You can dig down to search for caves or to escape death, but don't deliberately create branch mines for finding diamonds and other resources. That's just not in the spirit of the game.
If you're having software/network problems, announce it in chat and try reconnecting or restarting your local game. Also announce when you've returned so everyone is aware that you're back. Using CheatyVision™, becoming The Invisible Man, or otherwise breaking the normal expected behavior of the game will be considered team-disqualifying offenses next time. :p
If you think there's something wrong with the game, please announce it in chat. Assuming no one is in the heat of battle, we should call a quick truce to resolve the situation.
Disconnect after no more than 2 minutes of dying, and stay out until the game is over. Unless I can come up with a reasonable solution for throwing people into spectator mode or "jailing" them somewhere near the center after death, you should shed your tears and wish your teammates goodbye once you have died. Someone will certainly post on the forums once the game is over.

RowdyScot
2014-06-21, 22:13
After one is out, should they rejoin in the General TS channel for the post-game party? Looking forward to it!

drewprops
2014-06-22, 01:00
That's MY plan-- go directly back to the main chat room.

Suggested additions:

Do Not Visit OTHER Team Chats Once You Are Dead - they're busy, no kibbutzing please.

Gentleman's Agreement Starts - no PvP (player versus player) during first day/night. Let people have a fighting chance at the very beginning.

Don't Assume Role of Team Captain - unless you've been elected.

Do Not Logoff To Use Restroom - figure out a place to hide, take your chances.

Final Duel Channel - in some years of UHC the final two combatants will talk via Skype when they're having a final duel. That might be fun via TeamSpeak. Might be fun to let dead players audit the audio of the remaining teams at the finale; not sure how that would work though.

For what it's worth, I've noticed that some of the lag in previous years of UHC is related to people being near the walls, forcing chunks outside bounds to load, slowing play for all.

Brad
2014-06-22, 01:32
Gentleman's Agreement Starts - no PvP (player versus player) during first day/night.
But... it's... eternal day... OOOH you clever bastard! ;)

Otherwise, they all look like fine additions. Though, I'm not quote sure how we'd get a "final duel" channel working, especially if it's a hurried fight. No time to pause to go switch rooms when you're blinded with bloodlust.

SpecMode
2014-06-22, 02:58
I agree with the "Gentleman's Agreement" rule – it lets you avoid things like what (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqEdEL4nGAQ) happened (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlYoYxO0acc) at the start of UHC Season 11.

Robo
2014-06-22, 09:49
But nobody's going to be fighting at the very beginning unless they happen to spawn right near each other, and then they'd both be ill-equipped for battle, so they'd still be on a level playing field…

drewprops
2014-06-22, 13:49
But... it's... eternal day... OOOH you clever bastard! ;)

My bad, I was watching Season 8, where they had day/night cycles.

In UHC they have the server set to issue an announcment to let everyone know when to begin a new episode (usually a 20 minute marker, a 40 minute marker, 60, 80, etc), I suppose THAT's what I mean by day/night cycle.

I agree with the "Gentleman's Agreement" rule – it lets you avoid things like what (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqEdEL4nGAQ) happened (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlYoYxO0acc) at the start of UHC Season 11.

Yes, thanks for the links Spec - we don't want to have that happen.

But nobody's going to be fighting at the very beginning unless they happen to spawn right near each other, and then they'd both be ill-equipped for battle, so they'd still be on a level playing field…

Right, Robo, but BattleNova isn't just about kill-kill-kill, it's also about the fun of getting equipped and then fighting.

The reason they do it for UHC is so that there's at least a little bit of interesting video for each player's channel.
We're not there yet (if ever) with regard to everybody having a video capture of their adventure, but it still seems the cool thing to do.

kscherer
2014-06-22, 17:01
Unless something comes up, Jess and I will be there!

turtle
2014-06-22, 23:26
I plan to be there. I'm looking forward to it too!

SpecMode
2014-07-02, 01:16
Only a week and a half left to prepare!

My Minecraft machine got a pretty sweet upgrade today – a Core i7 980X CPU rescued from a 'junk' bin at work. It was in a tray along with a bunch of AMD chips; my guess is the servers/workstations housing them were being thrown out, and someone pulled these knowing that us lab monkeys would pick through the bin for useful stuff and find them a new home. It would have gone into one of our lab machines...but we don't have anything with an LGA1366 motherboard that doesn't already have a higher-end CPU.

Works perfectly, and on top of adding a couple of extra cores, it's clocked a good bit faster to boot. Whether that and the extra 6GB of RAM will help fix my CheatyVision™ next week...well, I guess we'll have to wait and see. ;)

drewprops
2014-07-02, 07:21
I wiped off my screen some.

2014-07-02, 21:34
Looks like I'll be in as well. :)

I need to test out the headphone/talk thingy beforehand, but maybe I'll catch one of y'all this coming weekend and someone could confirm that it works.

RowdyScot
2014-07-02, 21:53
FWIW, UHC 17 started. They're going single this season.

Brad
2014-07-02, 22:14
Thanks for the reminder, Spec!

I've been buried under work lately, but I fully intend to make time for BattleNova next Friday! I plan to record the event again, and I hope more people try recording and sharing on YouTube too. :)

As before, I'll need a final headcount absolutely no later than 7:30 PM EDT on Friday, July 11th. If you're planning to join the game, please let us know in this thread by then! I will be randomly generating and posting the teams by 8:00 in preparation of starting the game at 9:00.

So far, the roster includes:

BradSmith
Captain_Drew
grendagle7
greychristian
RowdyScot
SpecMode
turle2472
Whammerslammer

There's still lots of space left for Robo, Ely, Bryson, IJak/TPoit, and more. I'll ask offline if gerlocian is interested in joining again and if JewelTheDragon would like to join this motley crew.

RowdyScot
2014-07-02, 22:23
I will be streaming on Twitch. :D

drewprops
2014-07-02, 22:26
GAH!!! I *so* want to capture video too... stupid laptop.

Will I be able to stream on Twitch on a Macbook Pro?

I need to get some sponsors to buy me a gaming machine.

At least I'm ordering my gaming mouse soon, ensuring that I die within the first 5 minutes, killed by a chicken.

2014-07-02, 23:46
Just so you all know… Friday night around 9-10ish is my time to start imbibing… so. yeah.

You may hear swear words.

FYI.

[edit]: apparently I need recording devices. I'll need to test those as well. *Why* someone wants to see me hunt and kill WS immediately? Dunno.

SpecMode
2014-07-03, 00:19
You may hear swear words.

FYI.

You haven't actually watched any of those UHC videos yet, have you? :p Kurt's and Etho's might be pretty clean, but then you have Pause, and Guude, and Pyro, and...well, just about any of the rest of them. Polite conversation it is not. :D

2014-07-03, 08:55
I did watch a couple/few of the UHC videos, but, I dunno, I guess watching isn't my thing. It's aggravating. They make bad decisions and I just can't do it any more. :D :lol:

Watching the AN stuff I have no problem with because I know you people and it's filled with LOLs. :D

drewprops
2014-07-03, 09:51
Grey I've become a big fan of some of the guys - BdoubleO cracks me up when I listen to him. Ethos is actually a terrific player.

kscherer
2014-07-03, 10:04
*Why* someone wants to see me hunt and kill WS immediately? Dunno.

I knew that was coming! :p

See you on the battlefield old man! :devil:

Uh, what we gonna do if Brad slaps us on the same team? :lol:

becca
2014-07-03, 14:26
I would like to play too, please. :)

kscherer
2014-07-03, 14:30
Oooooooh! Another girl. Grendagle will be so happy! ;)

Unless you're on opposite teams, in which case she will shoot you in the face just the same! :D :p

becca
2014-07-03, 14:33
Unless you're on opposite teams, in which case she will shoot you in the face just the same! :D :p

I expect nothing less!!!

Robo
2014-07-03, 14:43
There's still lots of space left for Robo…

HahahahahahaNO. I don't want you all to find out that I'm secretly terrible at Minecraft :(

also my voice sounds super girly on skype

But I will be a super excited spectator!!! I'll be sad if you, Drew, and Rowdy aren't on the same team though :(

Brad
2014-07-03, 15:19
But I will be a super excited spectator!!!

In that case, I propose a new rule: Twitch and YouTube videos must be set up with super special double private access so ONLY BattleNova participants can view them.

:p

Sorry Robo. Gotta pay to play. Wait that analogy isn't quite right. Gotta play to... play? Play to watch? I'm no good with words.

2014-07-03, 16:50
I've just been going through a couple hundred PMs saying that WS is a scaredy-cat little twerp and that I should slay him immediately, but imma let him live for a bit. Not long, just a bit. ;)

kscherer
2014-07-03, 17:19
You can't win, Grey. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine!

2014-07-03, 18:47
Uh, what we gonna do if Brad slaps us on the same team? :lol:Gentleman's honor. We work together until the last, and if you are still standing we do 20 paces. No armor, no weapons, no shit. Mano y mano. We flail at each other like highschool scratch-whores. OK? :)

RowdyScot
2014-07-04, 01:21
Robo, you should play! D:

kscherer
2014-07-04, 09:48
Gentleman's honor. We work together until the last, and if you are still standing we do 20 paces. No armor, no weapons, no shit. Mano y mano. We flail at each other like highschool scratch-whores. OK? :)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You're on, bitch!

ThunderPoit
2014-07-04, 19:26
Sorry guys, I'm going to be spending all friday getting ready for a family reunion :(

kscherer
2014-07-04, 22:14
Does that mean you're gonna be drinking a lot? :p 'Cause if it does, we'll need you to interpret Grey's imbibalogue! :D

Elysium
2014-07-06, 12:01
I should be in. I'm tracing graphics issues right now on the Hackintosh, but can revert back to the MacBook if necessary.

Brad
2014-07-06, 12:47
Good! Updated roster includes:

BradSmith
Captain_Drew
Elysium25
gerlocian (maybe)
grendagle7
greychristian
JewelTheDragon
RowdyScot
SpecMode
turle2472
Whammerslammer

gerlocian is a maybe. He's interested, but he needs to verify that his schedule is wide open for Friday night. So, we still need at least one more member (two if gerlocian drops out) to join if we're going to have a nice even four teams of three. I'm squarely looking at you, Robo.

Also, RowdyScot, did you previously say something about a friend that might want to join us?

Brad
2014-07-06, 12:55
HahahahahahaNO. I don't want you all to find out that I'm secretly terrible at Minecraft :(

also my voice sounds super girly on skype

I'm trying to decide which angle to spin my response. Do I say that I postponed voice chat for so long because I hate the sound of my voice too? Or do I admit that I also think I'm terrible at Minecraft because I get to "cheat" all the time as the server op? Maybe I should play good-cop and say that we really need him and that perceived skill level isn't as big a deal as it seems. Or maybe I should play bad-cop by guilting him and say that Robo will totally regret not joining the party, passing up a rare opportunity to work closely with his online buddies.

But seriously. If you have the time and resources (did you ever get that better computer? how's the internet connection?), there's really no reason not to join the party. :)

drewprops
2014-07-06, 13:54
Speaking of voices, I've been trying to decide if I'm going to talk differently this time around and I think that I will, for BN#2 employ a more enhanced version of my speaking voice.

RowdyScot
2014-07-06, 17:31
Not until BattleNova 3, Brad. Their internet isn't able to handle MC where they are, but they are moving back to Ohio and much better internet in 2 weeks. They will be watching me on Twitch, though. :)

kscherer
2014-07-09, 16:17
Okay.

So, Jess may not be able to make it. Her and her mother were on their way back from Portland and hit some road debris. Car was damaged and they had to return to Portland until Friday. If they're home in time, all is well. If not, then we're one person down.

Unfortunately, I will not know until close to game time. :(

Update: Never mind. The car was fixed a day early, so they will be back, today. Yayz! :)

RowdyScot
2014-07-10, 19:53
So, I think I've got everything set to stream with Twitch tomorrow. :) The only thing I need is to finalize my testing with audio from TeamSpeak. Anyone game? T was just on to help with it, but I couldn't quite get it before he had to run. I think I got a solution to test, though.

Also...I suppose this goes without saying for rules, but no watching another player's Twitch stream during BattleNova.

RowdyScot
2014-07-10, 22:01
Urgh. Well, I'll be streaming, but it'll only be audio from me. I can get it to take audio from both the mic and TeamSpeak, but not without endlessly repeating the same speaking every 15 seconds. Research is showing that without something like Wiretap Anywhere, there's no way to get that to work with Twitch in the means available.

2014-07-11, 10:48
I'm not going to be able to make it on tonite. Sorry gang. :(

kscherer
2014-07-11, 11:16
Ugh! :(

No Whammer hunting for you! :p

Hope all is well. :)

Brad
2014-07-11, 11:27
Dang. :(

Updated roster now sits at:

BradSmith
Captain_Drew
Elysium25
gerlocian
grendagle7
JewelTheDragon
RowdyScot
SpecMode
turle2472
Whammerslammer

It's going to be tough to split the teams with 10 players. 5/5? 3/3/4? Five teams of two? Every man for himself?

I'd prefer 3/3/4 to keep a similar dynamic as last time. Although, an even 5/5 split sounds interesting.

Can anyone drag in one or two more players to even it out to 3/3/3/3? :confused:

Brad
2014-07-11, 11:33
Also, I'll be posting instructions later this evening for setting up the game. It seems like there's a pretty major performance regression in the latest weekly snapshot. So, we may be using the previous week's build.

kscherer
2014-07-11, 12:25
I say use the previous week's build for performance reasons. Spawn us somewhere's else so we don't see any familiar territory.

As with last time, Jess and I have to be out around 9-ish. In the interest of fairness to other players, we are happy to team up as a "2-member-team" so other teams are not affected if we should have to bail out. We're in it for the fun and don't want to cripple any "serious" competition that might be going on. However, we will be fine with whatever arrangement you come up with. ;)

drewprops
2014-07-11, 13:12
I have reached out to Wes "I Fell and Hurt Myself" Wilson, who is doing a photoshoot for a restaurant tonight but is checking to see if he can make it.

Brad
2014-07-11, 15:05
I say use the previous week's build for performance reasons. Spawn us somewhere's else so we don't see any familiar territory.
Oh, it'll be a totally different world with a new seed! :)

As with last time, Jess and I have to be out around 9-ish. In the interest of fairness to other players, we are happy to team up as a "2-member-team" so other teams are not affected if we should have to bail out. We're in it for the fun and don't want to cripple any "serious" competition that might be going on. However, we will be fine with whatever arrangement you come up with. ;)

Thanks for letting me know! If we could get one more player, we'd have a solid 3/3/3/2 with the two of you on your own team. I'm still pondering the team sizes, though. An even 50/50 split is sounding more interesting... maybe with PvP enabled to increase the risk within teams... decisions decisions.

kscherer
2014-07-11, 15:40
Perhaps Wes Wilson will be able to make it. Then we'll be good to go.

Brad
2014-07-11, 17:00
Here's how I think we should tackle BattleNova 2. Now that we've done this once, we can be a little more organized about it. :)

Pre-game!

I'll post the final teams in this thread at 8:30.
Everyone should try to be online and in the TeamSpeak chat by 8:50. If you don't have TeamSpeak set up, here's my original post about it. (http://forums.applenova.com/showpost.php?p=783187&postcount=45)
At 9:00, I'll open the server up for people to join.
Assuming everyone is online and we don't need to re-shuffle the teams, I'll spread everyone out on the map.
At this point, everyone should stay in the main chat room and *don't* start wandering around and mining. Since last time we crushed the server on start, let's give the server 5 minutes to generate the terrain and catch up.

Game time!

After the server has warmed up, I'll announce that it's time to split up, and everyone should join their TeamSpeak team room. I'll reset everyone's inventories, health, and hunger.
When I announce "Start!" in the chat, everyone is free to go!
If someone on your team is recording or broadcasting the game, take a brief moment after the start for everyone to introduce him/herself. It'll help everyone recognize whose voice belongs to whom.
If you have game problems (chunks not loading, graphics glitching out, etc.), please use the in-game text chat to announce it and ask for help. If you seem to be having client-side issues, say so in the text chat and restart your game if necessary. Please also let us know if/when the problem is resolved.

Post-death and post-game!

When you die, you can hang around for a minute or two to say goodbye to your team, but then please log out of the game.
Then join the main TeamSpeak room and hang out for a stretch!

Robo
2014-07-11, 17:08
Sorry I am at work guys :(

turtle
2014-07-11, 18:00
I like 5/5 personally! :D

Brad
2014-07-11, 18:32
Here are your Minecraft setup instructions! These are similar to but not quite the same as the last instructions (]http://forums.applenova.com/showpost.php?p=783321). We're going back two weeks to snapshot 14w26c because this week's builds have a bug that keeps too many chunks loaded and last week's builds had a bug that causes servers to fail to log.

1. Start the Minecraft launcher.
2. In the lower left, click New Profile (or Edit Profile if you've already created and selected a snapshot profile).
3. Name the profile something obvious like "Snapshot".
4. In Version Selection, check the box for "Enable experimental development versions (snapshots)"
5. In Version Selection, select snapshot 14w26c" from the use version menu.
6. Save Profile!
7. Verify that your new profile is selected from the Profile menu in the lower left. The welcome message in the lower right corner of the screen should change to say "Ready to play Minecraft 14w26c"
8. Play!

Be careful about playing any saved single-player worlds. If you play with a snapshot and then go back to an older version, you could break your world. Caveat emptor!

RowdyScot
2014-07-11, 19:01
I will be streaming on Twitch, and recording the stream for those who miss, though it will only have my voice this time. From my research, this is one of the difficulties for Mac users with Twitch. Audio can be a hassle due to being forced to use Soundflower, which was last updated for 10.6.8.

The stream will be here (http://www.twitch.tv/rowdyscotbear89). I will likely not be reading chats during play, but a follow is appreciated!

turtle
2014-07-11, 19:09
I'm not sure if I'll stream or not, but likely will. My username is the same as my former name here.

I am going to be recording the game with audio from me and the players in TeamSpeak with me. Game noises too for that matter. :) I'll chop it up and post more later. I'll try to do the fancy board things like we posted before. I haven't done it before so who knows. I will be using Final Cut Express though.

Brad
2014-07-11, 19:18
I'm currently running a tool that will hopefully pre-generate enough of the world terrain so we don't suffer that crippling lag when we get started. *crosses fingers*

Also, I'll be recording video too. No streaming, though. I'll chop it into segments like before and post on YouTube.

drewprops
2014-07-11, 19:32
I named my profile BattleNova™ #2.

Brad
2014-07-11, 19:39
Teams! We have two of them! In alphabetic order, they are:

TEAM CYAN:
Captain_Drew
gerlocian
grendagle7
RowdyScot
SpecMode

TEAM RED:
BradSmith
Elysium25
JewelTheDragon
turtle2472
Whammerslammer

(Also, I'm running a little behind schedule with the server… but it's almost there!)

drewprops
2014-07-11, 19:43
I'm dubbing this season "Bedlam".

Robo
2014-07-11, 19:57
OMG Brad and Rowdy are on different teams? Noooooooo

I don't know who to root for now :(

drewprops
2014-07-11, 20:00
Hey Robo, we're getting ready to go!!

kscherer
2014-07-11, 20:49
Brad and I are out. Both trying for the same diamonds.

Sucks to be us! :(

Brad
2014-07-11, 20:51
And how!

I'm sure we would've lasted longer if Robo was there.

nudge nudge

Brad
2014-07-11, 21:16
....and Elysium is down, leaving just JewelTheDragon and turtle2472 on TEAM RED.

Brad
2014-07-11, 21:19
JewelTheDragon fell from a high place.

GO TEAM TURTLE!

2014-07-11, 21:24
:eek: wtf?

What happens if T dies? Does Team Cyan turn on each other?

kscherer
2014-07-11, 21:31
Last TEAM wins. Even if we all die from wounds inflicted by things other than players. Unless Turtle gets super lucky, Team Blue has this one. ;)

Elysium
2014-07-11, 21:33
Damn zombies. Lost 12 diamonds when one somehow spawned in a safe space.

Brad
2014-07-11, 21:34
:eek: wtf?

What happens if T dies? Does Team Cyan turn on each other?

BEST IDEA.

The rules have changed. LAST MAN STANDING. THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE.

kscherer
2014-07-11, 22:19
Love my kid. Wiped out three before dying to SpecMode.

Congrats to Spec for winning, and to my awesome kid for wiping the board nearly clean! :)

drewprops
2014-07-11, 22:48
Yes, Grenny chased me down but Spec avenged me! :)

Brad
2014-07-11, 23:59
So, that was all kinds of silly towards the end.

If our videos all get posted... lord help us. :lol:

SpecMode
2014-07-12, 00:00
If we're totally honest, it was the server that won...I just cleaned up what was left after all those vile betrayals (that were not at all orchestrated by the Powers That Be, no sir). ;)

Brad
2014-07-12, 00:03
Also, let's not forget we have a new BattleNova champion!

[23:13:39] [Server thread/INFO]: grendagle7 was slain by SpecMode

grendagle7 did an awesome job right up until the end. That girl is a born assassin. In the end, though, SpecMode landed the final blow.

becca
2014-07-12, 00:23
That was so awesome! Thanks to everyone who made me feel welcome in this well-established community. :D

Elysium
2014-07-12, 00:26
Also, I would like to stop the directing Turtle to pick up the diamonds off my corpse. It's becoming a disturbing trend.

drewprops
2014-07-12, 07:08
At the end, when there was only Turtle left on the Red Team, Brad made it every player for themselves... all the deadlayers from Team Red came back into the world in creative mode to screw around while people killed each other off. I was down to just a few hearts after an encounter with several creepers and skellies when my former teammate Grendagle snuck up and killed me.

The after-party was a lot of fun, but with it all behind us I can now say that I was right in thinking we should have run 5 teams of 2 instead of 2 teams of 5.

Hope we have a good turnout for the next game!

Robo
2014-07-12, 09:52
And how!

I'm sure we would've lasted longer if Robo was there.

nudge nudge

I was at work!!!

becca
2014-07-12, 10:00
So, that was all kinds of silly towards the end.

If our videos all get posted... lord help us. :lol:

So, did anyone document that atrocity?

turtle
2014-07-12, 10:40
That was so much fun!

I ended up getting the intros and pre-game fun we had. I'm in the process of getting it published now. Once it's up I'll let you all know.

I'm also trying to publish the view I had of SpecMode making the final kill.

I did capture my whole perspective of the game and will chop it up and publish it too. That one likely won't happen today though. I do plan to start on it however. Does anyone have one of those board things to put on the front of it?

drewprops
2014-07-12, 14:05
Board thing? Here you go. (http://rplank.piratepalooza.com/)

becca
2014-07-12, 14:28
What is that I don't even.

turtle
2014-07-12, 14:52
For anyone interested, here is a clip (http://youtu.be/8mibU_mSqi0) from the pre-game fun we had!

This is the ending of the game officially (http://youtu.be/rVT6UX5gRPg?list=UUlC-JdSJXfOKdrEUApkwC_g) with the winner taking out the last player.

becca
2014-07-12, 17:12
Ahh haha awesome!

Glad to know I was at least coherent. :D

turtle
2014-07-12, 22:30
BattleNova 2 Part 1 from my respective is up! (http://youtu.be/K21A5oiDA7M)

I'm using the tags "minecraft" "applenova" "battlenova" if you guys want to match your tags. I can add others if people think of another more specific tag to add.

drewprops
2014-07-13, 22:51
For the record, I wasn't hiding I was digging for diamonds.

I've thought about this last one a lot and think that:

Teams of 3 should be our max.
Teams of 2 are better, because: more fights.
With fewer than 6 players it should be 1 player teams.

What do y'all think?

(also: good game to all of you, even you Gren ;) )

RowdyScot
2014-07-14, 00:14
Agreed, Drew. I think we'd have been better served as 5 teams of 2.

SpecMode
2014-07-14, 00:33
Any reason why we couldn't get together again this coming Friday or the next, and run BattleNova 2a in a 5x2 format?

becca
2014-07-14, 08:03
Any reason why we couldn't get together again this coming Friday or the next, and run BattleNova 2a in a 5x2 format?

I would be game for this week, but I will be out of town and nowhere near a computer. The 25th would be good for me~

drewprops
2014-07-14, 12:07
I'm a maybe!

becca
2014-07-21, 20:03
So... Is BattleNova 2 Part Deux on for this Friday? Or do I have to wait another few weeks?

Brad
2014-07-21, 20:20
Indeed! I totally overlooked the comments earlier about a do-over. I'd be willing to go another round already. Maybe we could get 709, TPoit (and wife?), and maaaybe a Robo there too?

drewprops
2014-07-21, 20:27
I'll be there IF I don't have something to do with a lady friend that evening.

I pray that I will unavailable due to panties.

RowdyScot
2014-07-21, 22:37
Wait, did I miss this? Umm...I *should* be able to. I'm not 100% on that yet.

kscherer
2014-07-21, 23:20
Time?

Date?

USE YOUR WORDS!

turtle
2014-07-22, 09:13
I don't know if I can make it thought I would love to. I'll try to post here and let everyone know once I know.

RowdyScot
2014-07-25, 13:28
What time would this be tonight? Need to run errands, but if it is 9, I should be able to make it. No streaming tonight, though, because I won't have time to get it set.

Brad
2014-07-25, 17:05
I'll try to be online! I'll be going home from work soonish, and I'll start setting up a new world with the latest snapshot.

I'll update this thread if the game is go. Otherwise, a normal night of Minecrafting is on deck. :)

kscherer
2014-07-25, 17:57
I will be unable to play shoot-em-up, so don't count on the kid or I. :\

Brad
2014-07-25, 18:16
Turns out I won't be able to play and coordinate tonight after all. Sorry, guys and gals!

Let's scrap this whole do-over business and just fire up a new thread to properly schedule BattleNova 3: The Legend of Curly's Golden Apple.

turtle
2014-07-25, 20:00
Oh good. I want to play but don't really have the time tonight to do it either. I can just hop in for a bit and I'd hate for a team to lose me because I had to bail.