PDA

View Full Version : Student Developer vs. EDU Discount ?'s

Doe
2005-01-31, 14:42
I am going to be switching over from windows and will be getting a new powerbook. I have seen some recent posts saying people have bought new powerbooks using the student developer instead of using the regular student discount. I know it costs 100 dollars to be a student developer. Is it worth going through the process of signing up to get the extra discounts? Will it take just as long to get a powerbook if I bought it using the student developer versus just using the educational discount? Can someone give me a brief overview on how this actually works? I am a fulltime student at a University that apple recognizes. I am looking at getting either the 15'' or 12'' powerbook.

Thanks Dan

Paul
2005-01-31, 15:41
Are you going to actually start developing Mac OS X applications?

Doe
2005-01-31, 15:54
Are you going to actually start developing Mac OS X applications?

I have to do some web design in one of my classes next semester. I dont think I will be doing any Mac OSX applications though.

Anyone have any info on this?

Brad
2005-01-31, 15:57
By signing up for a student developer account (http://developer.apple.com/students/), you can get a ONE TIME (that's once in a lifetime. period.) purchase from the ADC Hardware Purchase Program (http://developer.apple.com/membership/hardware.html). Depending on what you choose to order, using this method can cost much less than purchasing through the regular Apple Store for Education (http://store.apple.com/Catalog/US/Images/routingpage.html).

Yes, ADC purchases can take longer to fulfill after new product intros than regular orders will. Also, there are no refunds on items purchased through the ADC program. There are other small caveats as well.

Read the information at the links I've provided here and all of your questions should be answered.

Enki
2005-01-31, 16:58
That $99 will also get you OS updates throughout the year, which would include 10.4, offsetting about $69 of that upfront fee right there.

squishles
2005-01-31, 17:33
As long as you're going for a fairly high level machine ($2000 or above in the retail store, $1800 or above in the edu store) the ADC is a better deal. I jsut saved $400 ($500-$99) on my new Powerbook, but just used the edu discount on my last iBook. I'll probably dabble at developing but who knows. If you're a student now and you won't be later I'd use it. Otherwise you'll lose the opportunity to get the $99 membership, and they do check! You have to fax proof- copies of registration and IDs. On a low-end computer, you might end up wasting money on the membership by not saving over $99 on the computer so keep an eye on it.

ED:Just reread your post- on the 12" it's not really worth it, the 15" is- fyi.

Doe
2005-01-31, 23:45
Well I threw down the 99 bones and got the student membership. All I am waiting for now is my financial aid check so I can buy the 1.67 ghz 15'' SD with the 128mg video card. The reason I decided to buy the 15'' model was the screen quality on the 15'' is so much better. I have one year left with my b.s. then I am off to law school. Im just so happy that they finally released an update with a price break because right now I am running Windows 98. :smokey:

ironlung
2005-01-31, 23:51
That $99 will also get you OS updates throughout the year, which would include 10.4, offsetting about $69 of that upfront fee right there.

so people with a developer account get tiger for free? or is that at a discounted price..if so..how much?

Enki
2005-01-31, 23:55
Free with a paid developer account. Not free and no discount if you only have a free ADC account. I just used the $69 because that's about what Tiger should go for on the Edu price.

Brad
2005-01-31, 23:57
so people with a developer account get tiger for free? or is that at a discounted price..if so..how much?
As he said, you actually get the OS updates for free in the mail over the term of your membership. :) Yes, that includes major OS updates like 10.3 and 10.4.

ironlung
2005-02-01, 00:05
As he said, you actually get the OS updates for free in the mail over the term of your membership. :) Yes, that includes major OS updates like 10.3 and 10.4.

Can a student developer account get tiger for free as well?

Brad
2005-02-01, 00:07
Yes, that was the whole point of Enki's post.

I Thrash Therefore I Am
2005-02-01, 00:40
HOLY HELL! EVEN MORE GLAD I BOUGHT IT!

Not to mention I saved another 400 bucks off my 15" powerbook (100+99 more than the edu discount)

Only thing I was gonna be mad about was that I had to buy Tiger later. YAY!!

So when the time comes, do they automatically send it, or do I have to go to the website?

Doe
2005-02-01, 00:49
HOLY HELL! EVEN MORE GLAD I BOUGHT IT!

Not to mention I saved another 400 bucks off my 15" powerbook (100+99 more than the edu discount)

Only thing I was gonna be mad about was that I had to buy Tiger later. YAY!!

So when the time comes, do they automatically send it, or do I have to go to the website?

I think I read that they send you the CD Rom. I am not 100% sure though.

Paul
2005-02-01, 01:02
http://developer.apple.com/membership/mailing.html

RC23
2005-02-01, 01:23
can i see what the price would be on the product i want with the developer membership?
or, is there a way to see that?

MCQ
2005-02-01, 01:49
http://developer.apple.com/membership/hardware.html

Doe
2005-02-01, 13:03
Does anyone know how long it takes before they confirm that you are a student after you have faxed them your schedule and picture ID?

squishles
2005-02-01, 19:34
Does anyone know how long it takes before they confirm that you are a student after you have faxed them your schedule and picture ID?
I had a reply in a day or two- don't remember for sure but it wasn't longer than that.

squishles
2005-02-01, 19:35
By signing up for a student developer account (http://developer.apple.com/students/), you can get a ONE TIME (that's once in a lifetime. period.) purchase from the ADC Hardware Purchase Program (http://developer.apple.com/membership/hardware.html). Depending on what you choose to order, using this method can cost much less than purchasing through the regular Apple Store for Education (http://store.apple.com/Catalog/US/Images/routingpage.html).

Yes, ADC purchases can take longer to fulfill after new product intros than regular orders will. Also, there are no refunds on items purchased through the ADC program. There are other small caveats as well.

Read the information at the links I've provided here and all of your questions should be answered.
I just ordered the new PB BTO- shipping on the 8th- others are receiving theirs on the 7th. Could be ADC or could be I ordered in the afternoon, but it doesn't seem that I'm losing a whole lot of time on the new one b/c of how I ordered it.

Doe
2005-02-01, 20:28
I just ordered the new PB BTO- shipping on the 8th- others are receiving theirs on the 7th. Could be ADC or could be I ordered in the afternoon, but it doesn't seem that I'm losing a whole lot of time on the new one b/c of how I ordered it.

Thats good to hear. I will get my financial aid disbursement check on Friday. So I will order it next week sometime. I faxed them my id pic and schedule today, so hopefully they get back to me pretty soon.

I Thrash Therefore I Am
2005-02-02, 02:44
I got mine I think a day and a half after I faxed it. Its really quick.

RC23
2005-02-02, 03:04
Hey.. I just paid the 99 for the student dev account..
now do i order and they will send it to me?
or does it ask for the fax of my ID when i order?

I Thrash Therefore I Am
2005-02-02, 03:14
Hey.. I just paid the 99 for the student dev account..
now do i order and they will send it to me?
or does it ask for the fax of my ID when i order?

Fax a copy of your current or upcoming school schedule and your ID. Nothing is sent to you right away, but once yoou get the confirmation email from Apple that your information (faxed ID and schedule) has been verified, then you can order. You can find a local (well, atleast in your country) fax number on the developer site, or in the email they send you.

chiba
2005-02-02, 03:22
im thinkin of getting a powerbook 1.67, 15", superdrive, and 128mb vid card. does any know what kind of percentage the discount is off the retail price for the student developer? i think regular student is like 10%?

RC23
2005-02-02, 03:43
Fax a copy of your current or upcoming school schedule and your ID. Nothing is sent to you right away, but once yoou get the confirmation email from Apple that your information (faxed ID and schedule) has been verified, then you can order. You can find a local (well, atleast in your country) fax number on the developer site, or in the email they send you.

So I would just randomly send them my ID and schedual via fax?
Is it going to ask for this once i purchase?
or should i do this before purchasing?

I got an email that with the title "ADC Transaction Approved" is that what we are looking for?

sorry, 20 questions for ya.
lol.

ironlung
2005-02-02, 09:15
So I would just randomly send them my ID and schedual via fax?
Is it going to ask for this once i purchase?
or should i do this before purchasing?

I got an email that with the title "ADC Transaction Approved" is that what we are looking for?

sorry, 20 questions for ya.
lol.
I got an email saying "We are happy to confirm that your Student status has been verified and your ADC Student Membership is now active and available for your use. " I also did not fax my info, scanned the documents and emailed it to them. They were fine with it. Waiting for a check before I order mine.

ar1550
2005-02-02, 15:45
I got an email saying "We are happy to confirm that your Student status has been verified and your ADC Student Membership is now active and available for your use. " I also did not fax my info, scanned the documents and emailed it to them. They were fine with it. Waiting for a check before I order mine.
What email address did you send your verification to? I did not see anything on their website other than a web-form for email with no actual address listed. I faxed mine in yesterday, but the fax at my work is somewhat unreliable. I think it went through OK, but I just want to be able to order my PB as soon as I can (my first Mac, woohoo).

Doe
2005-02-02, 17:46
What email address did you send your verification to? I did not see anything on their website other than a web-form for email with no actual address listed. I faxed mine in yesterday, but the fax at my work is somewhat unreliable. I think it went through OK, but I just want to be able to order my PB as soon as I can (my first Mac, woohoo).

I faxed my information in 25 hours ago and still no reply. Please post back when you get verified because I really have no clue that it got through, it better have though because I had to pay to get it faxed.

RC23
2005-02-02, 18:10

What was the email address you sent it too?
If i can email rather then fax that would be great.. considering ill probably have to goto school to fax.. eh.

Paul
2005-02-02, 19:21
If you have a mac and are able to email the information, you can fax it through the print dialog...

RC23
2005-02-03, 01:17
Do you have to pay tax with the student dev account?

Brad
2005-02-03, 02:06
Yes, all purchases through the Apple store include tax. This is simply complying with the letter of the law because Apple has a physical presence/outlet/something in every states. Don't like it? Write to your congress reps. ;)

RC23
2005-02-03, 02:21
hmm, it is PRETTY lame that they didnt include the sales tax until after i made the purchase...

very clever apple.

ar1550
2005-02-03, 15:48
OK, so I received confirmation and my ADC account has been activated, via email at 12:30PM today. I faxed my information at 4:00PM on Tuesday, and re-faxed it today (Thursday) at 9:45AM (central times, btw). So, it either took 2 days, or 2 hours to activate my account, depending on whether or not the Tuesday fax actually went through. I'm placing my order now, then I have to run to the bank for a wire transfer (stupid check card limit).

The Return of the 'nut
2005-02-03, 15:59
Yes, all purchases through the Apple store include tax. This is simply complying with the letter of the law because Apple has a physical presence/outlet/something in every states. Don't like it? Write to your congress reps. ;)

that is not correct. some states don't have the sales tax. and others apple has no presence whatsoever in and still charge tax. i don't know what the criteria is but i think the belief that they must charge tax if they have a physical presence in a state is an old myth. i think there is some other reason.

2005-02-03, 16:13
Right. It's just a state tax thing.

SALES TAX

Apple Store purchases will include sales tax based on the ship-to location and the sales tax rate in effect at the time of shipping. If you phone in your order, the Apple Store sales representative will provide the final dollar total of your order including tax and any applicable shipping charges at the time you place your order. If the sales tax rate for the state to which your order is being shipped changes before the product is shipped, the new tax rate in effect at the time of shipment will apply.

(Obviously if he's in one of the 5 states with no sales tax he wouldn't be charged anything.)

Doe
2005-02-03, 17:12
OK, so I received confirmation and my ADC account has been activated, via email at 12:30PM today. I faxed my information at 4:00PM on Tuesday, and re-faxed it today (Thursday) at 9:45AM (central times, btw). So, it either took 2 days, or 2 hours to activate my account, depending on whether or not the Tuesday fax actually went through. I'm placing my order now, then I have to run to the bank for a wire transfer (stupid check card limit).

Well somehow my fax didnt go through and they emailed me back today saying so. I just emailed them my forms in pdf file this time. I hope it doesnt take longer then 24 hours now because I have already deposited my check into my checking account.

arkitect77
2005-02-03, 20:09
I'm currently a high school senior, but I have been accepted to Iowa State and I'm 18. Am I eligible for the discount now, or do I have to wait until classes start next fall? I sure hope not. Or, could I just wait until I have my class schedule (should be in a couple months) and do it then?

Paul
2005-02-03, 20:51
you are eligible for the edu discount now.
you are also eligible for the dev program if you are going to be taking programming courses in your first semester, but you won't be able to purchase the computer until you can verify that.

zman2005
2005-02-03, 22:26
New to the forum and new the apple community. Thanks for your pattience and advise first of all and second here comes the first of many questions. I will be a student in fall of 05, so how do i email them my schd. and ID if i haven't started yet. Also I have to have the PB b4 i get to school. In addition, I don't think i will be taking design classes my first semester. But will design websites further down the line so does that matter. Anyways Thanks for the help and if anyone wants money to help pay for the wonderful apple products may i suggest buy some AAPL stock. Never hurts to invest in what you believe. Thanks

Paul
2005-02-03, 22:53
No, you cannot be approved for a student developer account unless you are taking some type of computer development course. Looks like you'll have to settle with the regular .edu discount. You could also put the purchase off until you do end up taking that dev. class, or you could buy a cheap computer now and get a really nice one in two years or so. Plenty of options.

RC23
2005-02-03, 22:57
Im taking Final Cut and DVD Studio pro classes.. aswell as film classes.. that counts as "development" right?
not sure if it has to be programming

2005-02-04, 02:14
No, you cannot be approved for a student developer account unless you are taking some type of computer development course. Looks like you'll have to settle with the regular .edu discount. You could also put the purchase off until you do end up taking that dev. class, or you could buy a cheap computer now and get a really nice one in two years or so. Plenty of options.

Can anyone confirm this is actually the case? It is my understanding that ADC Student program is available to all university students who have an interest in programming.

To quote apple's Student Developer site, "Some of the best Macintosh application development has come from students like you...That's why we've designed an affordable developer program (only $99 (US)/year), making it easy for students around the world to learn how to develop on the Macintosh platform."

I'm not majoring in computer sciences, nor taking any computing courses this year. But I just had my membership verified and activated. So I just don't want to see any potential buyers scared off by that comment if it's not true and paying more than you have to.

iedo627
2005-02-04, 10:55
But I just had my membership verified and activated. So I just want to see any potential buyers scared off by that comment if it's not true and paying more than you have to.

Didn't you just disprove the previou sstatement by stating the above? not trying to sound like a smart ass, just wondering... :confused:

Doe
2005-02-04, 13:07
You dont have to be taking any computer science classes because I have all sports management classes this semester and I got approved.

Itis
2005-02-04, 14:05
As a college student, this intrigues me. I hope my web design and hypermedia course qualifies as development.

Anyone know if you can still purchase AppleCare on products ordered via this? Are these discounts also available via retail locations?

Paul
2005-02-04, 15:09
Interesting...
you didn't have to send in a copy of your course list?
maybe they just used that to ensure you are enrolled at school.

I read every section of the site way back in 2002 when I bought my TiBook and I came to the conclusion that I needed to have at least one "computer oriented" (not necessarily programming) class on the transcript. I could be wrong.

Have you received your discounted computer yet? Did you get the bill for it yet?

2005-02-04, 17:10
I was charged the ADC discounted rate for a 17" powerbook. I called an Apple representative and she confirmed of the transaction and the notebook will be shipped out within the next 24 hours. They were all really helpful. I guess it wouldn't hurt if a student calls them to confirm if they're eligible to enroll into the program.

intlplby
2005-02-06, 19:24
is there any sort of discount if you are a teacher and a developer.... i just graduated, but i am going to be teaching for the next year and was wondering if they got any educational promotions geared towards teachers

btw... to someone who just bought a 17" powerbook, what was the discount amount using a student developer account

ar1550
2005-02-06, 20:57
Mine was $2079, I did a BTO with the 80 GB drive instead of the 100, saving $80.

Brad
2005-02-06, 21:57
is there any sort of discount if you are a teacher and a developer.... i just graduated, but i am going to be teaching for the next year and was wondering if they got any educational promotions geared towards teachers
Teachers have access to the same Apple Store for Education for discounts on just about everything. :)

You can also sign up for a paid ADC developer account, but you won't qualify for the student ADC membership price. The higher "regular" membership tiers give out the same stuff as the student membership and more.

2005-02-06, 23:14
for me, the ADC reduced the 17" from $3,100 to $2,720 Cdn. Although I had to shell out $100US to cover the ADC charge, but that's partially offset by the complementary commercial version of OS X 10.4 tiger when it is released. Regular price is $3,400. So that's another 12% savings from the education discount. It's quite a good deal! I'm eagerly waiting for it to arrive. =)

gjas15
2005-02-07, 03:52
I was confirmed for an ADC student account and have recieved my printer but the powerbook ($1999 15" CTO :smokey: ) is still waiting to ship... The only computer class you could say im taking right now is the CCNA:2 course... Cisco Systems certification and this specific course just deals with WAN's and Routers... not real computer esque except the configuration of the routers... which im planning to buy a usb->serial adapter for just that purpose when my powerbook decides to ship that is

I Thrash Therefore I Am
2005-02-07, 11:44
I had to fax my schedule for spring semester, and I'm only taking chemistry and pre-cal (well, and japanese), so it doesn't have to be computer related. Only computer class I took before was CS3.

If you buy applecare, buy it after you buy the pb, because its WAY cheaper with just the regular student discount ($110 cheaper). I wish I knew this beforehand. :mad:

squishles
2005-02-07, 19:24
I was confirmed for an ADC student account and have recieved my printer but the powerbook ($1999 15" CTO :smokey: ) is still waiting to ship... The only computer class you could say im taking right now is the CCNA:2 course... Cisco Systems certification and this specific course just deals with WAN's and Routers... not real computer esque except the configuration of the routers... which im planning to buy a usb->serial adapter for just that purpose when my powerbook decides to ship that is
fyi- os x doesnt support that cable, or at least it didnt through 10.2.whatever... maybe they upgraded it but i called and was assured they had not. you can use the cable but it has to go through os 9 to work.

while on the phone i also verified that you do NOT need to be taking computer-related courses to be approved, but need to be currently enrolled.

hope this helps.

BlueRabbit
2005-02-07, 23:54
I took the whole CCNA thing last year. It was pretty fun, except the curriculum is boring like hell. The CCNA test itself is pretty easy, as long as you know what to expect. As for the cable, it looks like this (http://www.keyspan.com/products/usb/USA19HS/) will work. However, does anyone know what program you would use to console into a router? Would Terminal work?

BTW, it's really weird how you don't have to be in a computer course to get the discount. That's really strange. :err:

gjas15
2005-02-08, 00:20
I took the whole CCNA thing last year. It was pretty fun, except the curriculum is boring like hell. The CCNA test itself is pretty easy, as long as you know what to expect. As for the cable, it looks like this (http://www.keyspan.com/products/usb/USA19HS/) will work. However, does anyone know what program you would use to console into a router? Would Terminal work?

BTW, it's really weird how you don't have to be in a computer course to get the discount. That's really strange. :err:

http://www.carnationsoftware.com/carnation/MacWise_X_Info.html
or
http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/10529

RC23
2005-02-09, 00:55
Ive got a question.. Can I get the Student Developer Discount at a local Apple Store?
and if so.. would they carry a custom one like
superdrive
128vram
1gig ddr ram
80gig hd?

Brad
2005-02-09, 01:28
Yes, if you show them your student ID, you'll get the student discount.

However, the retail stores only carry the stock models listed on the web site.

ironlung
2005-02-09, 01:36
Yes, if you show them your student ID, you'll get the student discount.

However, the retail stores only carry the stock models listed on the web site.

the previous post asked for student developer discount.. Is that possible at a store? I was under the impression it wasnt. I know that you can get the student education discount at the store... :confused:

Brad
2005-02-09, 01:37
Oops, sorry. I misread that. I'm not sure about the student developer account.

ar1550
2005-02-09, 10:59
I went to the Apple store at the Mall of America to decide between the 15" and 17". One of the sales guys asked if he could help, and I told him I was just deciding between them. He had never heard of the ADC or student developer discount, I had to tell him what it was :) I suppose I could have pressed further about using the discount in the store, but 1) their website specifically says it's not useable at the retail locations and 2) I wanted a BTO so it was irrelevant.

squishles
2005-02-11, 13:24
I have noticed that Apple Retail employees have no idea what ADC is, and no, you cannot get the discount at the retail stores b/c it is once in a lifetime and they can't track it at the stores (i.e. you could steal someone else's ID or something). The guy I talked to seemed a little surprised at how cheaply I got my PB b/c it was very similar to his employee discount.

You can get the student edu discount at the Retail Store w/ an ID but it's not as high. Read back through these posts to see the differences. All BTOs have to go through the website, but I think someone mentioned that.

RC23
2005-02-11, 15:28
To be honest I have noticed the apple store employee's really dont know much at all. They treat the place like a fashion store.

I can get a lot more information here..

Doe
2005-02-13, 16:55
I got my student developers news letter yesterday. It came with developer tools cd and dvd, apple t-shirt, and panther. :smokey:

ironlung
2005-02-13, 18:37
hey doe..what version of panther did it come with? i got 10.3.5

Doe
2005-02-13, 21:19
hey doe..what version of panther did it come with? i got 10.3.5

ironlung
2005-02-14, 18:21
how much does apple care abt their developer customers compared to their retail customers? I have a student developer account..my order keeps getting pushed back...was just curious

Doe
2005-02-14, 19:51
how much does apple care abt their developer customers compared to their retail customers? I have a student developer account..my order keeps getting pushed back...was just curious

Mine PB just left Anchorage. :smokey: I dont think mine took any longer then the usual order becuase my order was only open for roughly 20 hours and I had a FedEx tracking number within a hour or two. I did end up getting the 12'' SD though because I saw that people who ordered the 15'' ones were having to wait and this way I can convince myself to save up enough money this summer to get a 20'' cinema display.

Doe
2005-02-15, 11:37
Well the FedEx guy came about an hour ago. :smokey: It came two full days faster then what the ETA was. :cool:

squishles
2005-02-22, 02:57
Just catching up again- I got my 15" a day early- apparently I ordered it an hour before everyone else did. :-) I got it a week before my developer kit came in the mail- now I feel like a real cool kid with my Apple Developer T-Shirt. :-D I got the computer the first week of February. I don't think ADC gets stuck in a different slot for orders from the way it worked out. Just depends how fast you order!

samuel_m
2005-04-30, 20:24
Hello:

I'm a longtime lurker, first time poster, but hoping that someone here can help me answer a question or two I had about an upcoming powerbook purchase....

As a student, I have the option of going the developer route or through the apple store for education...when I did the side by side comparisons on a 15" custom built model, the developer route ended up saving me more, with one exception...

When I added Apple Care into the mix, it pretty much wiped out any savings I hoped to achieve. As a student developer, Apple Care is offered at $349 while the Apple Store for Education sells it for $239, a difference of $110.

Now from what I understand, Apple Care can be purchased up to a year after your initial purchase. If this is true, is it possible for me to purchase my powerbook as a student developer without Apple Care and then buy it later on either in an Apple Retail Store or online through the Apple Store for Education separately at the lower rate? Is this even possible?

Also, is it true that Apple Care doesn't cover the screen?

That's all for now...I'm sure I'll have some more as I get closer to making the purchase. Thanks!

-Samuel

Paul
2005-04-30, 20:40
Yes, that should work out fine.
AppleCare does not cover accidental damage, but if something technical goes wrong with the screen (and you didn't do anything to it) they will most likely replace it...

Doe
2005-05-05, 23:35
Any student developers get Tiger yet? I am still waiting.

gjas15
2005-05-06, 15:43
I havent got mine yet either... Im guessing theyll mail it along with the May developer mailing.. Maybe in the next week or two?

mers
2005-05-06, 15:48
I've been waiting for mine too, I hoped it would have arrived today but guess not. The May developer mailing was shipped out on April 29th.

Doe
2005-05-06, 16:33
I've been waiting for mine too, I hoped it would have arrived today but guess not. The May developer mailing was shipped out on April 29th.

Not in the mail with me either. :mad:

mers
2005-05-09, 17:09
Got it today. :)

Mommy8me
2005-05-10, 14:56
You cant get that -$100 deal for students with the ADC discount correct?

gjas15
2005-05-11, 23:03
I just got an email from apple stating that I can now go to the ADC Downloads section and download the 8a428 build of tiger since the May developer mailing just includes the Upgrade disc and the June mailing will include the full install. So for all the student developers out there waiting for tiger to arrive if you have a speedy internet connection go to the dowloads section of the ADC site under Mac OSX and download the 2.1GB disk image.

2005-05-12, 00:46
ya i got the email too. i checked in to the page with password and there's no tiger download, hopefully they'll put it up later on. btw, anyone got the download access already?

gjas15
2005-05-12, 02:40
You have to click on the Mac OSX section its the second one down below the seed notes im getting it right now... 2,314MB

it has about 1 hr left on my 3mb dsl connection... it seems to be going at about 250KBps when my max is 350KBps... damn apple throttling their bandwidth :p

mers
2005-05-12, 23:20
What do you do with the .dmg once you download it? The .dmg file gives me a "disk image failed to mount: not recognized" error when I try to mount it. Is it just an corrupt download or are you supposed to somehow burn straight to DVD?

-Em

gjas15
2005-05-14, 03:53
I just burned the image file with toast... booted and installed on my powerbook and B&W G3 just fine.