PDA

View Full Version : Some Minecraft server running questions

alcimedes
2014-09-05, 08:46
Anyone who knows the answers to these please chime in. :)

We've recently moved to CO to be closer to family. Part of our family includes a bunch of cousins all spanning many ages. Boys/girls, active, bookworms etc.

The one thing they *all* like, is Minecraft.

However, given that the oldest isn't even 10, I can already forsee some problems.

I guess my primary question is:

Is there anything like a "building permit" of sorts you can apply in Minecraft, so that only a specific character is allowed to modify blocks within that zone?

I don't want to neuter the world though, just make it so that within a specific space, a 3 year old wandering around with TNT blocks can't F up someone's weeks of work. A vertical zone where only one person has build/break permissions, everyone else is read only. :)

The kids have been playing on the iPad version for a while and love it, I'd like to give them a larger/more interactive world that's always available.

2014-09-05, 11:05
WorldGuard (http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/worldguard/) does exactly this, though since the MC world is moving to 1.8 there's a lot (most) Bukkit plugins that aren't ready yet.

Also, a couple of days ago the CraftBukkit .jar was taken down due to a DMCA claim by one of the developers, and it's all a big, stupid mess right now. It could be a while until it all gets sorted. :\