PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for Bluetooth Speakers (like JamBox)

drewprops
2014-09-14, 23:43
I'm interested in buying a Bluetooth speaker like a Jambox Mini.

Yes, I can read reviews coming and going on NewEgg and Amazon, but am interested in your anecdotal experience(s).

:)

kieran
2014-09-15, 09:09
I"ve had a JamBox. The sound is good when it's just you, but when you try and have ti in a room or anything like that, the sound gets drowned out pretty quickly and it doesn't get as loud as I would like.

I bought the UE mini boom a few months ago and like it much better than the JamBox.

http://store.apple.com/us/product/HD882VC/A/ultimate-ears-ue-mini-boom-bluetooth-portable-speaker

Just seems be be louder and more in line with what I'd want out of a small speaker. I use it all the time in the yard and the sound carries very well.

EDIT: It's also down to $62 on Woot for the next week. http://electronics.woot.com/offers/logitech-ue-mini-boom-wireless-bluetooth-speaker

turtle
2014-09-15, 21:14
I got an iHome AirPlay one. Works great in my home and they have version with Bluetooth too. It can get pretty loud too.

drewprops
2014-09-15, 21:45
Dammit. Kieran just made me order an orange one through Amazon.

UE is apparently owned by Logitech but some are branded as pure UE and some as Logitech UE.

One reviewer claimed that the UE sounded better, but who knows.

It's orange, and I got to it before Scates.

HDB to me.

psmith2.0
2014-09-15, 22:26
It's orange, and I got to it before Scates.

:)

Man, I really planted that flag hard, didn't I? Years later, that's the one thing some people still know/remember about me..."dude likes his orange!" :D

Kinda disappointed that Apple doesn't use it more these days (iPhone 5c and the various iPods).

kieran
2014-09-16, 08:41
I've got the orange one too. It's a very bright orange and it looks awesome.

I'm with Paul. I wish Apple used orange in more things. I wish I still had that rust orange iPod nano. Just can't find the damn thing.