PDA

View Full Version : Why are posts being moderated?

NosferaDrew
2004-06-03, 01:29
and specifically, why are my posts being moderated?
What did I do?

It's kind of annoying when you reply to a thread, get the mod message and your message never appears while others freely post.

What's going on?

LoCash
2004-06-03, 04:02
Did this happen after you joined the no AppleOutsider group? I probably set the permissions on that group wrong. I'll go edit them now.

LoCash
2004-06-03, 05:44
Try unjoining the No AppleOutsider public group. I'm also moving this to Feedback.

Chinney
2004-06-03, 09:38
Why are posts being moderated?

"Well there is a [bleeping] good reason that posts are moderated you [bleepin’ bleep]. I think that it is just [bleep] that you would ask the [bleepin’] question. It is just like you [bleeps] to [bleep] on these [bleepin’] boards. I always thought [bleep, bleep, bleep] about you [bleeps] and further more, [bleepity, bleeptiy, bleep]. If there is one thing I have always wanted to say to you, it is [bleep]."*

So I guess that’s why. ;)

*I am quoting an imaginary post here, but from what I have heard about certain time periods back at .com, there was some pretty bad stuff being posted (mostly on AO) that the moderators were cleaning up on a constant basis. Most of us never saw it, thankfully, because it was deleted right away, but I did see a couple. I generally am not in favour of censorship of ideas, but moderators are freely entitled, IMO, to delete posts that are just abuse, such as the theoretical post above.

Windswept
2004-06-03, 10:13
Actually, he hasn't been modded, AFAIK. But he IS signed up for the pscates/gelding group that voluntarily wishes to be blocked from posting in AO.

That group is listed on your preference page under the "Control Panel" - "Group Memberships" (under 'Miscellaneous').

I think people can join and unjoin that group as they wish.

I imagine it's possible to join, and then forget that one has joined. Sounds like something I might do. heh :embarrass

The only posts *I've* deleted so far are my own - some of those PMS posts. *sigh* :( ;) :p

psmith2.0
2004-06-03, 10:44
:D

I've got an entire system/protocol named after me? I'm flattered beyond words!

:p

Windswept
2004-06-03, 10:58
:D

I've got an entire system/protocol named after me? I'm flattered beyond words!

:p
:)

NosferaDrew
2004-06-03, 13:16
Why are posts being moderated?

"Well there is a [bleeping] good reason that posts are moderated you [bleepin’ bleep]. I think that it is just [bleep] that you would ask the [bleepin’] question. It is just like you [bleeps] to [bleep] on these [bleepin’] boards. I always thought [bleep, bleep, bleep] about you [bleeps] and further more, [bleepity, bleeptiy, bleep]. If there is one thing I have always wanted to say to you, it is [bleep]."*

So I guess that’s why. ;)
Yes, it was my own ing mistake and I'm a [bleep]ing idiot!
I joined No AO mistakenly (click happy I guess) and my bookmark is the [b]View New Posts link so I never really look at the different forum names.

Thanks Carol, alcimedes and LoCash for the assistance. Sorry to waste your time.