2004-06-07, 10:44
pscates making mock ups....

http://images.appleinsider.com/images/90nmpwmacsketch.gif

can he get his own mockup forum here??

g

psmith2.0
2004-06-07, 10:49
Man, don't drag me into things... :D

I was asked to take those pics and make an illustration (because Apple Legal was closing in), so I was happy to.

I don't have any beef with .com or K, so I didn't think twice about it. It's not anything spectacular, just something to show - without using those leaked manual photos - the innards to the possible new G5 (large heatsink cover, rotated RAM, etc.). Did it in 90 minutes Friday, for K to post.

No biggie.

And no, no forums for me, thanks. This wasn't even creative...just taking info from various photos/verbal description and cobbling it all together into one, easy-to-see side view. More of a straight schematic/technical job than anything cute or clever.

:)

alcimedes
2004-06-07, 10:52
yeah, i saw that linked from /.

excellent work paul.

Chinney
2004-06-07, 11:16
Looks good. 'Ive' never see anything nicer. Pun intended. ;)

psmith2.0
2004-06-07, 11:28
:confused:

Thanks. I'm not being coy or falsely modest here, but, honestly all I did was use an existing PR shot as a template. I didn't "create" or impove on anything here, you know? It's nothing I came up with or "designed". I drew the original G5, then copied it and simply made a larger heat-sink cover and rotated the RAM 90-degrees, and added the words "New G5" and "Current G5".

:D

I appreciate the kind words (and maybe they're directed at the Illustrator work itself?), but the concept itself is not of my doing or required no "creativity" or special insight or ability on my part. Basically, I just "traced" a G5 in Illustrator.

I'm hardly an expert on the internals of a G5 (or any Mac, for that matter!).

I'd intended to just do a simple black and white line drawing (and that's how I started). But I started fooling around with gradients and color and I couldn't help myself...

:p

DMBand0026
2004-06-07, 11:52
Looks good. 'Ive' never see anything nicer. Pun intended. ;)

I hate puns, and I hate you.

;)

Seriously though, nice work on the mockup, quit it with the modisty crap and take your new parking spot. You did know your own forum comes with a parking spot...and a pretty killer one at that. ;)

psmith2.0
2004-06-07, 11:56
Nope.

Modesty is never crap.

And I don't park (ask Carol).

:p