PDA

View Full Version : StreetFighter 2 aniversary

Cybermonkey
2004-06-11, 12:27
So it's been 15 years since i last played the game so i jumped at the chance when it came out on the PS2 :wow: You get all the street fighter games, turbo, championship etc and the st2 anime movie, So i loaded it up ready to kick e-hondas ass and Oh my god, i fucking hate it already. 6 hours later i get my ass kicked every round while trying to remember all those special moves.

so who's your favorite character and whats your best combo move (describe the control combo :D ) Anyone that knows how to do Ryu's & ken's 'Hiyuur ken' jumpy punching thing feel free to post :mad:

stoo
2004-06-11, 12:54
The dragon punch:
towards opponent
down
diagonally down and towards and punch

Ryu and Ken are probably my favourite characters, because I can do most of their moves (except that one ;)).

windowsblowsass
2004-06-11, 12:55
So it's been 15 years since i last played the game so i jumped at the chance when it came out on the PS2 :wow: You get all the street fighter games, turbo, championship etc and the st2 anime movie, So i loaded it up ready to kick e-hondas ass and Oh my god, i fucking hate it already. 6 hours later i get my ass kicked every round while trying to remember all those special moves.

so who's your favorite character and whats your best combo move (describe the control combo :D ) Anyone that knows how to do Ryu's & ken's 'Hiyuur ken' jumpy punching thing feel free to post :mad:
how many versions of sf2 did they release
i think its like left down right up then a button

are you sure about fifteen years i distinctly rememer snes and geness with this game 15 years is 89

Cybermonkey
2004-06-11, 13:04
Theres streetfighter, superstreetfighter, champion, turbo & superstreetfighter turbo, think your right about that move, left then all the way round downwards to right then punch, will try it out when i calm down :lol:

Wrao
2004-06-11, 13:24
Street Fighter: the movie: the game

worst.game.ever. :lol:

But Street Fighter 2 is the money melon, I love that game.

Dave
2004-07-04, 06:54
Street Fighter: the movie: the game

worst.game.ever. :lol: Wait, there was a game based on a movie, which was itself based on a game? :err:

billybobsky
2004-07-04, 11:12
indeed they did

Dave
2004-07-04, 19:43
indeed they didReally? Huh.

What mind-altering drugs were they on?

billybobsky
2004-07-04, 19:59
my evidence:
http://imdb.com/title/tt0161993/

Dave
2004-07-05, 01:13
my evidence:
http://imdb.com/title/tt0161993/Oh I wasn't doubting you, I was just wondering what in the world Capcom was thinking. Movies based on video games (with the exception of Tomb Raider) tend to do poorly, as do video games based on movies (at least the ones I've played). So why would anyone think that a game based on a movie which was based on a game would be worthwhile?

billybobsky
2004-07-05, 09:18
Oh I wasn't doubting you, I was just wondering what in the world Capcom was thinking. Movies based on video games (with the exception of Tomb Raider) tend to do poorly, as do video games based on movies (at least the ones I've played). So why would anyone think that a game based on a movie which was based on a game would be worthwhile?

logical argument: the movie was loosely based upon the game -- ie had the same characters etc. but the plot was different. now they have a new story from the movie, perhaps they can make a game out of it, no? and since it is different, but more of the same, perhaps it will sell.

what really went down: hey man. pass the junk. where did you get this shit? yo! i just had the most fantabulous idea. why don't we, like, you know, like make a street fighter vehicle staring raul julia (i hear he is dying man and is a fan of the game). and then, we can immortalize him in a video game based on the movie. i think he'd like that. heh. hey man? where's that junk? (in japanese of course)

Bones3D
2004-07-05, 09:46
If you really would like to see a decent movie from the Street Fighter series, I strongly recommend checking out the animated movie. The Chun Li/Vega fight is worth the rental fee alone. ;)

The live action one, on the other hand, was just horrible. (But how else would guys like Jean-Claude Van Damme find work these days?)

As for the game, I regard it as a must have title. It was one of the first games I bought for the SNES in the early 90s and now I have a copy of it for My GBA SP. I remember seeing somewhere that a PS2 port of the game was due out later this year. Perhaps I'll pick a copy up if they managed to add any worthwhile extras to it. After having played Capcom vs SNK: EO a few months, I kinda missed having the simplicity of Street Fighter 2 on a big screen.

Bones3D
2004-07-05, 09:51
are you sure about fifteen years i distinctly rememer snes and geness with this game 15 years is 89

He may have been referring to the very first Street Fighter game (not SF2). It was released on the PC, iirc in the late 80's or so, but wasn't all that well known at the time. You may be able to find some info on it on the web.

Cybermonkey
2004-07-05, 11:27
the original SF was released on the amiga and yes its 15 years. And bones read the very first post of this thread it's already out on the PS2. All of the SF games in one plus anime movie is included

Dave
2004-07-05, 22:37
what really went down: hey man. pass the junk. where did you get this shit? yo! i just had the most fantabulous idea. why don't we, like, you know, like make a street fighter vehicle staring raul julia (i hear he is dying man and is a fan of the game). and then, we can immortalize him in a video game based on the movie. i think he'd like that. heh. hey man? where's that junk? (in japanese of course):lol: :lol:

Bones3D
2004-07-05, 23:51
the original SF was released on the amiga and yes its 15 years. And bones read the very first post of this thread it's already out on the PS2. All of the SF games in one plus anime movie is included

Guess I know where my money is going next. ;)