PDA

View Full Version : 500 post search limit?

2005-03-24, 18:19
I was trying to confirm an answer of mine in the GB today, as I'm sure I had asked the same question (drives/enclosures/128GB limit) a while ago. Well, I did a search for titles, and no (I really don't remember if I started the thread about it, either). I did a search keywords in my posts, and no. So I clicked on the 'find all posts by 709' dealie and went to 'Last'...hoping I could retrace my footsteps somehow. Still no!

But I noticed that it stopped the search at 500 posts...for me around October last year. I might have asked the question before that. :\

Is that 500 limit a vB default or did it get reset with the new update?

Just curious.

[edit]: OK, I just tried a few keywords I know were in my questions...but still no go. I'm using 'Any date and older'. Is there a time limit for searches?

Luca
2005-03-24, 18:28
Try using the "Find all threads started by 709" feature instead. I don't know about a limit but that ought to at least reduce the number of choices.

2005-03-24, 18:30
Yeah, I tried that already. I must've not started the thread. :\

LoCash
2005-03-24, 19:09
It's probably a vBulletin default, because searches like that put a huge load on the database, and queuing up more than 500 posts is a somewhat resource intensive task. I'm not sure that we really want to increase that number.

But if you couldn't find it, just start another thread. Maybe it'll pop up in the "Similar Threads" area :D

Paul
2005-03-24, 21:08
Did you check AI?

Brad
2005-03-25, 02:21
There's always Google if you're not satisfied. :)

Just add "site:forums.applenova.com" to your query.