PDA

View Full Version : How many slices?

Kickaha
2004-06-14, 00:22
Alright, you know you do it - you get a brand new loaf of bread, you're going to make a sandwich, and darned if you skip over the first slice or so because it's dry. It'll make good toast, so skip it for sandwiches.

But the question is... how many slices??

BRussell
2004-06-14, 00:32
Do people even eat bread at all anymore?

I went out to lunch with a group of 6 folks from work the other day. I noticed that one guy ate the stuff in the sandwich, but left the bun. I thought it was kinda weird. Then I noticed that two other people at the table had done the same thing. Then it hit me. Low carb! :mad:

Anyway, can't say I've ever skipped anything but the end piece.

iBrowse
2004-06-14, 00:43
I usually skip just the first piece, unless it's all that's left, then I have no problem using that. Unless I'm making toast, in which case I'd usually just skip it all together.

Windswept
2004-06-14, 04:49
Alright, you know you do it - you get a brand new loaf of bread, you're going to make a sandwich, and darned if you skip over the first slice or so because it's dry. It'll make good toast, so skip it for sandwiches.

But the question is... how many slices??
Ahhh, yes. My kind of thread. :lol:

I voted to skip the heel and one more slice in a new loaf. But if the loaf has been around for a day or two, I might go all the way into the center for a nice fresh soft slice. :)

The thing is, sometimes I'll just use the 'one' slice for the sandwich. I put ham on the one slice, and then fold it in half. If the bread is nice and fresh, it folds easily. If it's slightly dry, it will start to break up in all the wrong places (sounds like a country western song, doesn't it? ;) )

Then at the end of the loaf, I'll have the two heels left. Each would be perfect on its own for spreading on chunky peanut butter for an open-faced sandwich. Chunky peanut butter would normally be difficult to spread on a soft slice - it would tear it up (especially if you keep your peanut butter in the fridge, which I do, because it's high in polyunsaturates).

Like I said, I *love* threads like this. (Offhand, one wouldn't think this would be a "PhD-candidate thread", would one? :D But that's just exactly what I love about AO. heh )

staph
2004-06-14, 05:12
I usually skip just the first piece, unless it's all that's left, then I have no problem using that. Unless I'm making toast, in which case I'd usually just skip it all together.

Same here, except that I have no problems toasting the ends once the loaf is gone. Or even just eating them... I just find that leaving the end on helps the remaining outermost piece not go stale for longer.

Eugene
2004-06-14, 06:56
I usually make toast out of the heel.

2004-06-14, 07:04
I take the entire loaf of bread out and make my sammys from the same slices of equal corresponding size. One from each end of the loaf, working my way towards or away from the center depending on my mood. Loafs with an odd number of slices (ie: one central slice that does not have a matching partner) are sent from hell to torture me.

thuh Freak
2004-06-14, 08:19
it never occurred to me that i could dig deeper than just passed the heel, as you call it. i might try that once. i usually go right past it to the first piece, leaving this hell behind. i leave it in there incase anyone else wants it.

and a "cool" cooking trick i picked up from a friend's gf: if you make (or acquire) an amount of freshly baked cookies (presumably other soft delights), they can stay soft for days (literally, not just figuratively, but literally days) if you toss a slice of bread in with them. she had given me and my roomies a tin full of freshly made cookies, which we lost (for atleast a week) under our piles of "crap" and various amounts of "shit". the roomate was cleaning shit up and was like "cool, cookies. did we just get these, cuz they are soft." we later confirmed where they came from. the bread was hard and uncomely. the cookies were soft & delightful.

Moogs
2004-06-14, 08:19
I skip two for the simple reason that the loaves we buy taper a lot at the end, so to do otherwise would be to allow the bread to get crusty long before its time. But in general once it gets down to it, I eat the end pieces with wreckless abandon. There is no end-piece that a little dijonaise or miracle whip can't cure.

:cool:

Windswept
2004-06-14, 08:30
Making French toast with a heel is never any fun. :) (I'm speaking of bread, of course. heh)

Yeah, 709. I always try to find matching slices when I make a grilled cheese sandwich - otherwise the cheese melts into the pan more easily.

Last year I made all my bread fresh in a bread machine. Slicing homemade bread evenly enough to fit in the toaster without jamming is always a challenge. I have a special bread knife just for that purpose. It has a wood handle, with a long wooden extension out front; a serrated blade is attached to that wooden extension.

The wood extension is intended to serve as a guide to keep the slice straight while being cut. But I still sometimes get the slice either too thick; too thin - so that it flops over; or uneven - with one end too thick and one end too skinny. I know they make some kind of slicing rack to enable uniform slicing, but I haven't invested in that yet.

stoo
2004-06-14, 08:49
I thought that this was going to be about how many slices are in a typical sandwich. Zero slices skipped.

Two heels equal one beast of a sandwich. mmmmm.

alcimedes
2004-06-14, 08:50
one thing to note. the heel is actually inteded to stay on the loaf of bread the entire time, thus keeping the next piece of bread from becoming stale. then you just eat them at the end. :)

stoo
2004-06-14, 08:52
(in one beast of single sandwich, I would hope ;) ).

Moogs
2004-06-14, 09:15
one thing to note. the heel is actually inteded to stay on the loaf of bread the entire time, thus keeping the next piece of bread from becoming stale. then you just eat them at the end. :)

That's what I'm talkin about... can I get an "Amen" brother?

:D

Windswept
2004-06-14, 12:14
Amen, brother. :)

stevegong
2004-06-14, 12:21
you morons...

why does eating the ends have anything to do with manliness?

My family used to be quite poor so we ate everything, and we still do. I think it's on principle wrong to throw away the ends. I think in general American people tend to waste. It's not like the ends taste that bad.

What about leftovers? We always keep our leftovers, and most families I'm sure don't want to admit to it (most american families I've stayed with) so do you or not eat your leftovers?

stevegong
2004-06-14, 12:32
I voted to skip the heel and one more slice in a new loaf. But if the loaf has been around for a day or two, I might go all the way into the center for a nice fresh soft slice.

What a waste :no:

Making French toast with a heel is never any fun. :) (I'm speaking of bread, of course. heh)

what type of french toast do you speak of? I assume it's the american kind in which case...does it really matter what bread you use, stale or not? :lol:

(Just for laughs.....sort of :lol: )

Windswept
2004-06-14, 12:37
I think we should talk about what we like *ON* our sandwiches. I don't think Kickaha would mind. Do you?

For one, I like tuna salad. I make it chunky and NOT soggy (urgh).

I like LOTS of every ingredient, and in sorta chunky sizes - not those little 'minced' sizes. Lotsa chopped onion, chopped dill pickles (kosher dills), two chopped hard-boiled eggs, WELL-drained tuna, and not too much mayonnaise - because even what looks like a normal amount can turn the salad soggy and watery.

Also I mix all the ingredients gently, so they stay chunky and don't turn to mush.

I REALLY despise pickle 'relish', and hate eating sandwiches (or potato salad, etc.) where someone was too lazy to chop his own pickles, and instead used relish. 'Any' sandwich with pickle relish in it has lost my respect, and I won't be too crazy about the sandwich-maker either. :p ;)

Windswept
2004-06-14, 12:53
My family used to be quite poor so we ate everything, and we still do. I think it's on principle wrong to throw away the ends. I think in general American people tend to waste. It's not like the ends taste that bad.
Steve, I don't think ANYone here is talking about *throwing away* the heels. They/we just skip over them temporarily for two reasons: a) because they want a sandwich with the freshest slices, and b) if the heels are left there through the duration of the loaf, the heels - by being sturdy and air-resistant - keep the other slices protected from the drying air. I'm sure everyone here eats the heels at the very end.

What about leftovers? We always keep our leftovers, and most families I'm sure don't want to admit to it (most american families I've stayed with) so do you or not eat your leftovers?
American families eat their leftovers, by all means. They might joke about leftovers in front of *you*, if you are a guest in their house, because people don't generally serve leftovers to guests. But they do eat leftovers on a regular basis. Some foods even taste better the second day. I used to make a chicken cacciatore that was LOTS better the second day.

iBrowse
2004-06-14, 13:10
Oh, I definitely eat the end slices, I just wait until that's all that's left.

Moogs
2004-06-14, 13:14
American families eat their leftovers, by all means. They might joke about leftovers in front of *you*, if you are a guest in their house, because people don't generally serve leftovers to guests. But they do eat leftovers on a regular basis. Some foods even taste better the second day. I used to make a chicken cacciatore that was LOTS better the second day.

I can vouch for all points made above. At least two nights a week we eat leftovers (usually make extra the night before on purpose), and some things do indeed taste better the second day, particularly pasta dishes that were cooked al dente the day before. If you cook it too much then put it in the fridge (some people do this *before* serving it - that is they re-heat it the next day), it gets too soggy.

staph
2004-06-14, 13:40
I think we should talk about what we like *ON* our sandwiches. I don't think Kickaha would mind. Do you?

In roughly the following order, I like;

-- fairly full-on salad sandwiches (tomato, cucumber, lettuce, pickled onions and/or artichoke, avocado, alfalfa, beetroot are my favourites, although pretty much the only sandwich vegetable I won't use is gherkins.);

-- cucumber sandwiches;

-- tomato and cress;

-- curried egg.

As for throwing away leftovers... except for stuff which I forget about for weeks and which goes rancid in the meantime, no, I don't. My Scotch Presbyterian upbringing leads me to feel rather guilty about doing so. It has given me a great appreciation for porridge, however. ;)

Kickaha
2004-06-14, 13:51
you morons...

why does eating the ends have anything to do with manliness?

Well it's nice to see some things didn't chance in the mass migration.

Jesus H. Christ on a flaming pogo stick of doom man, why don't you read people's posts a little more closely and *NOT* form asinine knee-jerk opinions where you're convinced you're being personally attacked by the Stupid Lazy American stereotype?

Hint: if you think that's what's going on, try taking a deep breath, relax, and maybe, god forbid, ask a clarifying question or two before jumping to conclusions. I've yet to see one time on either board where your suppositions were justified, and you've only come across as more than a little paranoid and neurotic from your off base reactions.

DMBand0026
2004-06-14, 14:13
After working in a bakery for 2 years, bread is bread. I eat whatever comes out of the bag when I reach in.

stevegong
2004-06-14, 21:00
Well it's nice to see some things didn't chance in the mass migration.

Jesus H. Christ on a flaming pogo stick of doom man, why don't you read people's posts a little more closely and *NOT* form asinine knee-jerk opinions where you're convinced you're being personally attacked by the Stupid Lazy American stereotype?

Hint: if you think that's what's going on, try taking a deep breath, relax, and maybe, god forbid, ask a clarifying question or two before jumping to conclusions. I've yet to see one time on either board where your suppositions were justified, and you've only come across as more than a little paranoid and neurotic from your off base reactions.

yo man, chill! I guess it's hard to tell that my comments are almost always tongue in cheek. Notice the :lol:

Keep it real,
Restpec.

Luca
2004-06-14, 22:10
I cut off the heel and eat it, then make a sandwich.

It does help that it's my mom's homemade bread, which is awesome and to die for.

Wickers
2004-06-14, 22:10
I toss the end slices out. . .

I have never liked crust, not even on my pizza.

murbot
2004-06-14, 22:16
Tongue-in-cheek. Right. More like head-in-ass.

Luca
2004-06-14, 22:18
I'm with murbot on this one. Steve, don't try to make "jokes" anymore, because they're not funny. In most cases, they're just your pathetic attempts to cover your ass after making some kind of arrogant (and ignorant) dig at Americans.

Shut up.

PowerMacMan
2004-06-14, 22:24
Holy shit Steve... After as many stupid posts as you've made, I can only imagine how long you have to sit and think to outdo yourself. And yet you always manage...

murbot
2004-06-14, 22:26
BTW the ends are the best toasted with peanut butter.

Of course, I'll probably have to throw them out this time, just because I can.

stevegong
2004-06-15, 04:39
ok guys, I'll stop then, but seriously I wasn't being totally serious, besides the thread wasn't a serious one.

Windswept
2004-06-15, 06:25
I can vouch for all points made above. At least two nights a week we eat leftovers (usually make extra the night before on purpose), and some things do indeed taste better the second day, particularly pasta dishes that were cooked al dente the day before. If you cook it too much then put it in the fridge (some people do this *before* serving it - that is they re-heat it the next day), it gets too soggy.
Hi Moogs. Yeah, I do the same about 'cooking extra'. In fact, if I'm taking the time to make a fairly involved recipe, I'll cook huge amounts and then freeze half of it in 'serving size' portions. Great for taking to work for lunch later in the week, etc.

Re leftovers: I've found that dishes made with tomato sauces seem to develop a more intense flavor the second day. Yum. :)

Windswept
2004-06-15, 06:38
What kind of bread do you guys like?

In the bread machine, I like making cracked wheat and cinnamon raisin.

For toast and some sandwiches, I like deli rye (a light, mild rye) or honey wheat berry.

For french toast, buttermilk white bread.

French bread is always nice, anytime.

When I feel truly decadent, I make dough in the bread machine, roll it out, put butter and cinnamon on the surface, roll into a roll-shape, slice, bake, and then drizzle with white sugar icing. Homemade cinnamon rolls, right out of the oven. Too sinful to do very often, but ohhhh yum. Mmmmm. :)

thuh Freak
2004-06-15, 07:27
whats with pile-ons these days? it seems like people here like to pick someone and then a bunch of people group up against them. :confused:

I toss the end slices out. . .

I have never liked crust, not even on my pizza.
nor've i. my aunt used to try to make me crustless sandwhiches. despite there not being a visible crust area on the bread, it was clear from the touch that the edge of the bread was still crusty. after mentioning krusty, i have an urgent need to say "hey hey!" thank you, that is all.

Mac+
2004-06-15, 08:07
Ahh Krusty...

so many lines - so little time...

Lisa: "Krusty, don't you ever think about your father?"
Krusty: "Sure kid all the time - except when I'm at the track, then it's strictly business." :lol:

Bart: "Krusty, I didn't know that you knew Bette Midler"
Krusty: "Oh sure kid, we owned a horse together - KRUDLER!" :lol:

(think about it Middler, Krusty - it could so easily have been Misty, but no... :no: )

thank you & goodnight ;)

Chinney
2004-06-15, 09:13
What kind of bread do you guys like?

In the bread machine, I like making cracked wheat and cinnamon raisin.

For toast and some sandwiches, I like deli rye (a light, mild rye) or honey wheat berry.

For french toast, buttermilk white bread.

French bread is always nice, anytime.

When I feel truly decadent, I make dough in the bread machine, roll it out, put butter and cinnamon on the surface, roll into a roll-shape, slice, bake, and then drizzle with white sugar icing. Homemade cinnamon rolls, right out of the oven. Too sinful to do very often, but ohhhh yum. Mmmmm. :)

Real bread is good. However, most bread sold in grocery stores is not real bread - and should not be labelled as bread in my opinion. Perhaps they could instead label it as "non-food sandwich product". There was a good, long story on this in the Guardian Unlimited about a month ago, but I can't find the link anymore.

Basically, the story indicated how in the 1950s an inventor developed a new process for greatly increasing the speed at which bread can be produced in factories – ‘enhancing’ the normally slow process of yeast-rising and baking by incorporating a lot of air into the loaf and adding chemicals and special fats as stabilizers. This process has been adopted around the western world – and is the origin of the tasteless, spongy product found on most store shelves. It is depressing to think that this is what many people think bread should be.

As for me, I grew up with a first generation German immigrant mother and a third-generation Ukrainian-Canadian father: bread means heavy, flavourful rye bread – ideally made using sourdough rising. Yummm. Actually, I also like many other types, providing they are actually made as bread. I bake at home, when I get the chance – which is not often these days. There is less of an incentive to do it, because we live near a couple of good bakeries.

psmith2.0
2004-06-15, 09:33
I like white Wonder bread only. And only peanut butter, three swipes, which I eat with my right hand while singing "My Country 'Tis of Thee". It's the right thing to do and I won't stand for any deviation.

:lol:

Just kidding. Hell, I'll eat anything. I LOVE tuna and I love a good turkey sandwich too. I like honey mustard (over yellow French's) and I've gotten to where I really like cucumbers a lot.

But, hands down, I'm a tuna sandwich kinda guy. Subway, Blimpie, homemade, deli, etc. It's all delicious. And I usually make it a point to switch up the bread each time, trying something different than the usual "wheat or white".

Do you all have Panera (http://panera.com/) where you live? That's a good restaurant! A bakery, good bread, great sandwiches, wireless Internet, etc.

One of my favorites...going there tonight, in fact.

stevegong
2004-06-15, 11:27
It seems like people at my school tend to avoid white bread at the dining hall, they say it's fattening...

Is this true? I find it hard to believe bread can make one fat (any more than foods like hamburgers and chips)

when I was in Italy, white bread is almost always used to make standard sandwiches (tramezzini) that are not panini type.

also, is it possible to get rosette in the US? that's my fave
http://www.colapicchioni.it/images/rosette.gif

Windswept
2004-06-15, 11:31
Real bread is good.

As for me, I grew up with a first generation German immigrant mother and a third-generation Ukrainian-Canadian father: bread means heavy, flavourful rye bread – ideally made using sourdough rising. Yummm. Actually, I also like many other types, providing they are actually made as bread. I bake at home, when I get the chance – which is not often these days. There is less of an incentive to do it, because we live near a couple of good bakeries.
Hi Chinney. Over a period of time, I have acquired various breadmaking items: a Kitchen-Aid Professional Mixer with dough hook, professional black steel baking pans for loaf breads and 'long' breads, and recently a variety of baking stones. In the course of the next year, I hope to become proficient at baking really good bread - crusty on the outside, tender on the inside. No bread machine for 'this' effort, I assure you. :D And yes, kneading and rising will be done the old-fashioned way.

2004-06-15, 11:35
But, hands down, I'm a tuna sandwich kinda guy.Word. A nice tuna salad (the way Carol makes it), a handful of romaine and a couple of thin slices of Swiss on sourdough and I'm set.

As for my *favorite* sammy that I create here at the 709 homestead:

2 slices of 1/2"-3/4" sourdough.
6-8 chopped green olives with pimentos
~ 1/2" of very thinly sliced Swiss
An even spread of Thousand Island dressing on upper slice

Assemble & grill evenly.

Amazing. :)

Barto
2004-06-15, 11:40
ideally made using sourdough rising

If it is not sourdough, it is not real bread. ;)

BRussell
2004-06-15, 12:39
It seems like people at my school tend to avoid white bread at the dining hall, they say it's fattening...

Is this true? I find it hard to believe bread can make one fat (any more than foods like hamburgers and chips)Congratulations, it's yet another dumb US fad infecting you school.

Kickaha
2004-06-15, 12:40

Is this true? I find it hard to believe bread can make one fat (any more than foods like hamburgers and chips)

It's all calories.

White bread (particularly in the US) tends to be nearly fiber-free. Fiber is a great way to increase your 'full' feeling while not adding calories, and whole wheat breads tend to have quite a bit more. So what happens is that people will scarf down much more white bread than other types, and end up ingesting more calories.

But slice for slice? I'm not sure there's a difference.

alcimedes
2004-06-15, 12:48
Average Brown bread 220 2g
Average White bread 217 1.5g
Brown Rolls 260 3g
Croissants 360 19g
Chapatis 300 12g
Current bread 290 12g
French bread 270 2.5g
Granary bread 240 3g
Malt bread 270 2.5g
Naan bread 340 12g
Papadum 370 17g
Pitta bread 260 1g
Rye bread 220 1.5g
Vitbe (wheatgerm) 230 3g
White Rolls 275 2.1g
Wholemeal bread 216 2.5g
Wholemeal Rolls 240 2.5g

pulled from some sketchy weight loss website, so take with a grain of salt. looks about the same though.

Chinney
2004-06-15, 13:03
Hi Chinney. Over a period of time, I have acquired various breadmaking items: a Kitchen-Aid Professional Mixer with dough hook, professional black steel baking pans for loaf breads and 'long' breads, and recently a variety of baking stones. In the course of the next year, I hope to become proficient at baking really good bread - crusty on the outside, tender on the inside. No bread machine for 'this' effort, I assure you. :D And yes, kneading and rising will be done the old-fashioned way.

Well, you are ahead of me in the equipment department - although experience is important as well. (The benefit of experience is one of the few compensations of being 40. Another is not being on the verge of being broke all the time, like I was in my 20s. :p)

If there is one pointer about bread-making I would give is the importance of using good flour. The flour should be fresh and should be hard wheat bread flour. If you can get stone-ground flour of this type, that's even better. A good source can be small bakeries that sell bulk food on the side, since they will sometimes sell their from their own fresh flour source in their bulk section.

If you want a sourdough short-cut, try using the Italian 'biga' method. Most good bread books will have at least one 'biga' recipe. It provides similar flavour to sourdough, without having to keep a sourdough starter going. Even a 'biga' is a fair bit of work, though.

BTW, I have nothing against white bread. Traditionally-made white bread can be delicious. Meanwhile, factory made whole-wheat 'bread' is terrible. Everything depends on the method. All that being said, traditionally made whole-grain bread is probably better for you than the white.

Luca
2004-06-15, 13:10
The difference between white and wheat bread is that the wheat bread is made with the whole wheat grain, and white bread is made with only the endosperm, leaving out the bran and germ (which happen to contain most of the fiber, and are also a lot harder than the endosperm).

So wheat bread is a lot healthier than white bread, but not because of fat or carbohydrates. Those remain in both types because the endosperm makes up a large portion of the grain's mass (something like 90%, I think).

The idea that eating too much bread or other carbohydrates will make you fat is stupid. Although it is true, it also applies to protein and fat, which are also sources of calories. The bottom line is, if you burn more calories than you eat, you lose weight. Any calorie-bearing part of food (carbs, protein, fat) will eventually turn to body fat if you don't burn it off.

Powerdoc
2004-06-15, 14:41
I skip the heel, and then I replace it, to protect the others slices. With this way of doing you only lost the heel.

Kickaha
2004-06-15, 15:21
"Lost"? You righteous resource squandering American! Don't you know people are *starving* in Italy?? Just another aspect of your gluttonous consumeristic capitalist-pig society!

Oh wait, you're French.

Nevermind.

;)

GSpotter
2004-06-15, 15:33
I don't make sandwiches, but I often eat bread. In Germany, lunch is typically the main (i.e. hot) meal of the day. In the evening, we often eat sliced bread with some topping (kind of half sandwich without the top slice, so I do not run into 709's problems with unevenly sliced leafs;) ).

With some good bread, (in contrary to the "accordion"-leafs of white bread (which you can easily compress to a third of the original size), you find in some stores), the crust can be the best part of the bread!

http://faculty.mansfield.edu/bholtman/holtman/gifs/brot.jpg

On a slice, I typically put a thin layer of butter, then just a slice of ham / gammon / sausage / salami / cheese etc. An alternative is some curd or tsatsiki (http://www.recipecottage.com/sauces/tzatziki05.html) with tomatoes and onions. http://forum.mx-5-sportive.com/dc/images/yum.gif

Kickaha
2004-06-15, 15:36
Blast it, I'm *STARVED* now. Want crusty bread. Big thick crusty, chewy, hurts-your-jaw-to-chew-it bread. Hot.

I hate you all.

stevegong
2004-06-15, 19:34
how do you store your bread? (I mean once you start it)

If the bread is in a plastic bag and sealed off, would the heel still be needed to keep freshness?

Kickaha
2004-06-15, 22:31
how do you store your bread? (I mean once you start it)

If the bread is in a plastic bag and sealed off, would the heel still be needed to keep freshness?

Yup. If the bag is utterly airtight, then you end up with it getting kinda sweaty and going blah. So, the bags generally breathe a bit. Plus, the end that closes never completely closes. Add those two, and you have the most air transfer happening on the end, and exposed bread will go stale faster than those in the middle. Voila. The heel protects the rest. When you get down to two heels, they may great toast. :)

Stroszek
2004-06-16, 00:24
...(especially if you keep your peanut butter in the fridge, which I do, because it's high in polyunsaturates)...

At the risk of sounding like an idiot, what does this mean? Should I be putting peanut butter in the fridge instead of the cabinet?

By the way, Carol, if you're ever bored, you could whip up some of those cinammon rolls and send them my way. ;)

Windswept
2004-06-16, 12:17
At the risk of sounding like an idiot, what does this mean? Should I be putting peanut butter in the fridge instead of the cabinet?
It's a good idea to buy peanut butter without preservatives, and then keep it in the fridge. Any product you can buy, open up, and then leave on the shelf for weeks, contains preservatives (like hydrogenated oils: palm, cottonseed, etc.) NOT good for you. I keep my vegetable oil in the fridge too.

By the way, Carol, if you're ever bored, you could whip up some of those cinammon rolls and send them my way. ;)
Okay, Stroszek. One order of still-warm, mouthwatering cinnamon rolls on the way to you as we speak. :) (But I'm *never* bored. heh)

Stroszek
2004-06-16, 12:24
Okay, Stroszek. One order of still-warm, mouthwatering cinnamon rolls on the way to you as we speak. :) (But I'm *never* bored. heh)

You're the best, Carol! It's no wonder they made you a mod! ;)

Kickaha
2004-06-16, 13:09
Mmmmm.... sticky buns.

Windswept
2004-06-16, 13:15
You're the best, Carol! It's no wonder they made you a mod! ;)
:D

Thank you! heh

(BUT....wait'll my PMS kicks in. You'll change your tune then, I'm afraid. :\ ;) haha )

kraig911
2004-06-16, 16:27
The heel is uhh why god helped us invent bread.. mmmm PB&J's with the heel are my favorite

alcimedes
2004-06-16, 16:44
Mmmmm.... sticky buns.

terrible. :lol:

when she rereads that you're getting smacked.

Windswept
2004-06-16, 17:40
terrible. :lol:

when she rereads that you're getting smacked.
Well, alcimedes, I *did* read it several times, and mentally composed various smart-alecky remarks I might make in response. 'Smacking' did play a part in one or two of those imagined scenarios. ;)

Then I thought better of it. (Blame my uncharacteristic restraint on Luca. :p )

But you're right, Kickaha is in desperate need of being smacked around - for past and future offenses, for his rampant double entendres, for his 'own' smart alecky ways in general, and for that smug and outrageous grin that's always on his face. :D

AND....I *did* just receive a "rush" order of whips, chains and ankle & wrist restraints for the occasion :D :cool: Wonder how he'll like them apples !!!!

(just kidding, of course)

(sorta :D )

Kickaha
2004-06-16, 20:08
(just kidding, of course)

(sorta :D )

Tease. :)

And hey, don't I get sti.... cinnamon rolls? C'mon, you know the schoolroom rules Teach, if you didn't bring enough for everyone...

Windswept
2004-06-16, 20:41
Tease. :)

And hey, don't I get sti.... cinnamon rolls? C'mon, you know the schoolroom rules Teach, if you didn't bring enough for everyone...
Ah, my sweet, but it's summer now. NO classroom. Therefore *NO* rules. heh heh. "Teach" is on vacation. :D (...and long may it last!!!)

But yes, I *can* fix you right up with some nice sticky buns. :lol:

A double order coming to you via United Parcel Service. Should be there tomorrow by noon. Delivered right to your office, no signature needed. :D