PDA

View Full Version : What the *FSCK* is *THAT*?!? STOP THE YELLOW MADNESS!

Kickaha
2005-04-01, 10:12
LoCash? Brad? Which one of you ponces screwed up the formatting so badly? I'm getting *two* massive bright yellow blocks appearing above the forums on the page, each several times the size of my screen in each direction.

It's causing Safari to come to a grinding halt as it thrashes on VM. Kinda want that to stop.

Thenk yew.

Idjits.

sunrain
2005-04-01, 10:13
Wow, yeah that was weird.

Quagmire
2005-04-01, 10:15
April Fools. If that is still there at midnight, Viva La Revolucion V.2! ;)

LoCash
2005-04-01, 10:16
Sorry, our advertising service provider screwed up. It's better now.

Wraven
2005-04-01, 10:16
JESUS!!! I thought those were real frickin' advertisement banners. Nice April Fools joke guys. :)

Kickaha
2005-04-01, 10:18
Smooooooooooooth. ;)

You know, I've heard of chat rooms with live one-on-one priests, and I believe they involved getting down on your knees, but I don't think they had anything to do with confession.

Mugge
2005-04-01, 10:22
How tastefull to have a banner making fun of the pope. Completely disregarding the fact that' he might die today.

Well, whatever :smokey:

screensaver400
2005-04-01, 10:31
I'm no Catholic, but I do have enormous respect for the Pope in his battle with Communism. Normally, I wouldn't be offended by something like that, but the man will probably die within the next three days, if not today.

Show him some respect.

LoCash
2005-04-01, 10:48
Whatever, let me go pretty up the april fools joke so it doesn't offend anyone :p

South Park's extreme satire is funny, but we toss up a banner about the Pope's thumpin' bass addresses and it's not cool. Go figure.

screensaver400
2005-04-01, 11:11
I didn't ask it to be removed or anything... Normally, I hate being politically correct, trying not to offend anyone. But... Well, I guess I just wouldn't make Monica Lewinski jokes while Bill Clinton is in the hospital.

But hey, free speech and all that. No worries. :-)

Wraven
2005-04-01, 11:26
Guys,

As many of you know, I am conservative and believe in a "God" (but am not Catholic, nor go to church). That being said, even though I was taken aback by the second banner, it did not deserve to be pulled. Let's not get carried away with political correctness here. I doubt the Vatican cares less about this site, so where's the real harm?

As scratt can testify, the above statement coming from ME should serve as a pretty good litmus test as to HOW offensive the banner is. Bottom line, is it a little offensive? Sure. It is TERRIBLY offensive and worthy of being removed? No.

It's an April Fool's joke anyways and I'm sure would have been removed at the end of the day. This is not a big deal folks...

LoCash, I say put it back up, and have him wearing sunglasses. That would be a little more "bling-bling" (to add to the "bass" comment). :)

johnq
2005-04-01, 11:29
Hehe....dammit, you got me. :D

thegelding
2005-04-01, 11:31
you are all sheep...can't you see that this is actually the start of ads on AN, just like AI...they are testing the waters...if we don't complain now, Tina is next

g

;) love my AN overlords

the soon to be banned gelded one

murbot
2005-04-01, 11:40
I wanted to do one about removing the pope's feeding tube, but noooooooooooooo.

:p

naren
2005-04-01, 12:00
Ha! Almost had me there too... not!

scratt
2005-04-01, 12:16
As scratt can testify, the above statement coming from ME should serve as a pretty good litmus test as to HOW offensive the banner is. Bottom line, is it a little offensive? Sure. It is TERRIBLY offensive and worthy of being removed? No.

Put the Pope back up.. I was lovin' it! ;) :lol:

What about a Pope on a Rope... Does anyone rememeber that, or was it an English only skit?

At Christmass one year when Soap on a Rope was all the craze a tv show started doing a spoof advert of a 'Pope on a Rope"... Effigy of the Pope on a piece of string you could use in the bath to wash your nether regions... :lol:

Hilarious!! Caused so many complaints!!

LoCash
2005-04-01, 12:26
ok cool, they're both back up :) I spent over two hours searching for the Tina banner, but no dice. Sorry guys :)

Wrao
2005-04-01, 12:33
Wow, the way they mess up the formatting(lowering everything just a bit) is really annoying... thanks a lot guys. btw, I don't think I'm going to hire any of you to make my banner ads, no offense:p

InactionMan
2005-04-01, 12:44
ok cool, they're both back up :) I spent over two hours searching for the Tina banner, but no dice. Sorry guys :)
Is this it? http://images.bonzi.com/images/adbanners/memturbo/468x60sliderbarfast_rollover.swf

Seriously, I can't tell, it won't open on me worky 'puter.

mooty
2005-04-01, 13:07
bad taste if you ask me

LoCash
2005-04-01, 13:47
I guess that is it, but it looks like two ads in one. Either way, it's on here now. Rock :D

SonOfSylvanus
2005-04-01, 13:56
[IBL, Brad ;) ]

naren
2005-04-01, 14:18
Gah! How creepy is that! I somehow got two of her talking simultaneously but just out of sync with each-other. It was like going insane but not as fun... Evil!

groverat
2005-04-01, 15:42
Those pope ads were damned funny. Too bad the board doesn't have that kind of sense of humor most of the time.

BuonRotto
2005-04-01, 15:51
Yeah, the Pope ones didn't seem to really disparage the old guy IMO, unless the wavy-hands thing did it for people. Regardless, the evility of the admins is palpable.

bassplayinMacFiend
2005-04-01, 15:52
Put the Pope back up.. I was lovin' it! ;) :lol:

What about a Pope on a Rope... Does anyone rememeber that, or was it an English only skit?

At Christmass one year when Soap on a Rope was all the craze a tv show started doing a spoof advert of a 'Pope on a Rope"... Effigy of the Pope on a piece of string you could use in the bath to wash your nether regions... :lol:

Hilarious!! Caused so many complaints!!

Actually there's a line from a Black Sabbath (After Forever) tune that goes "Would you like to see the Pope on the end of a rope - Do you think he's a fool?"

Mugge
2005-04-01, 16:00
Is this it? http://images.bonzi.com/images/adbanners/memturbo/468x60sliderbarfast_rollover.swf

Seriously, I can't tell, it won't open on me worky 'puter.

Bonzi? Like in Bonzi Buddy?

The vermin that takes advantage of n00b Windows users :lol:

curiousuburb
2005-04-01, 16:16
Rastafarians hold Emperor Haille Selassi (ex- Ethiopian Monarch) to be God*.
They consider the Pope to be the Anti-Christ. No shit.

*This dates to a terrible drought in Jamaica. Selassi came on a state visit and from the instant his plane landed to the moment it left, it rained non-stop. The Rastas took this as a sign.

InactionMan
2005-04-02, 01:38
Damn straight. The link was still sitting in the old AI thread that started the whole Revolution thing. :p