PDA

View Full Version : Mac Mini Rev A

Krientle
2005-04-19, 14:46
Hey Folks,

Just wondering if anyone has had any substantial(or minor) problems with the Mac Mini Rev A. Also, when would you folks expect to see a new revision of the Mac Mini (preferably with a better graphics card, something that could provide minimum requirements for say Core Image), and yes I know there is no precidence for how long of an average time between releases.

I was messing around with a 1.33 ghz Powerbook today and it seemed pretty quick, so a 1.42 ghz Mac Mini w/512 meg of ram would probably suit my needs, but the 32 meg graphics card is...yeah, I haven't had a <64 meg graphics card in my desktop since pre-2000.

Thanks!

~ Krientle

Kyros
2005-04-19, 22:15
First of all, you have to ask yourself if you even need the graphics capabilities. What sort of things are you planning on doing with it? If it's just email/internet/itunes/etc. Then you won't notice the weak graphics.

Mugge
2005-04-20, 12:07
I my eyes the ATI 9200 is Apple's equivalent to say Intel integrated GFX. It's not intended for anything graphical stuff. It's just intended to set the mac apart from the usual office PC.

I really wouldn't bother buying a 3D game for my iBook. If your desires are for games, get a console or PC.

TerryG
2005-04-20, 16:28
You should read several of the reviews of the Mac mini on
barefeats.com/ (http://www.barefeats.com/)
You will find speed & video tests compared to other Mac’s.
What I found most surprising was with all test model's equipped with 1GB of ram, & the Mac Mini upgraded with a 7,200 rpm HD, a new one is just being released by Seagate, a 100GB 7,200 looks like the one to get, makes the Mac Mini real close to the 1.6Ghz G5 iMac. Dual layer DVD drive options are available and check out the Mac Mini's being sold in 20 colors at
Mac Mini colors (http://www.colorwarepc.com/products/default.aspx)
Apple needs to fix that horrible graphics card. If they would offer a high end Mac Mini with a 128k card and 7,200 HD they would really have a pocket PC killer on there hands.