PDA

View Full Version : Odd Spacing Error

propellerhead
2004-06-20, 16:43
Hmmm...I've got an odd error here whenever I reply to a post. I don't know if it's just my computer (it probably is.) If someone will host an image for me (a .tiff) it would make it much easier for me to explain.

propellerhead
2004-06-20, 16:58
Here's my problem: http://www.geocities.com/mcculloughmun/huh.txt

propellerhead
2004-06-20, 16:58
Notice spaces in between lines are not working for me even when I've typed them in the post.

Chinney
2004-06-20, 23:17
Same here. It only started happening today. Some of the boys must have written wonky code while drinking Molson's over the weekend. Either that, or they are trying to save on 'paper' here at the forums.

propellerhead
2004-06-21, 01:50
Same here. It only started happening today. Some of the boys must have written wonky code while drinking Molson's over the weekend. Either that, or they are trying to save on 'paper' here at the forums. Glad to hear it's not just me. Not that this really prevents us from posting, but it does annoy the heck out of me when I'm trying to write something with spaces between the lines.

thuh Freak
2004-06-21, 07:02
it started happening to me yesterday. i noticed a trick you can do to move vertically. the 'left' tag. put some stuff inside a left tag, close it, then some more stuff in another left tag & close it. the second stuff will be somewhat separated.

Brad
2004-06-21, 12:24
Let me guess...

Are you using Camino?

Camino and the Mozilla apps have a problem. They don't like to post properly using the x-mac-roman character set. I'm looking into it...

Chinney
2004-06-21, 12:29
No.

For me it was on Mozilla installed on my iMac - on a version that I had been using some time without this problem, so I assume the origin of this issue is at .org.

I am trying it from the office on IE on a PC. Works fine from here.

I'll try it on Safari and IE on my iMac later today.

propellerhead
2004-06-21, 12:32
No.

For me it was on Mozilla - and on a version that I had been using some time without this problem.

Ditto. (Although Mozilla and Camino are related...)

I'm using Camino now and I still have the same problem here even though on other vB3 based boards (like forums.macrumors.com) I don't.

[edit]Now I'm using Safari and I've noticed two things: 1. The Black/dark blue borders around the individual posts do not appear and 2. The spacing problem is gone.

Brad
2004-06-21, 12:42
Try again now. :)

I'm still trying to fix some cruft from when LoCash installed a sketchy version of vB here for us (but we're now using a legit version). :p

Brad
2004-06-21, 12:44
1. The Black/dark blue borders around the individual posts do not appear Could you post a pic of this too? What version of Safari are you using?

Brad
2004-06-21, 12:49
Nevermind. I see that it's a problem with the *old* versions of Safari from 10.2.

I suggest upgrading or sticking with your other Mozilla browser temporarily.

Though, I personally think it's a problem with the new border that LoCash tried adding to the top and bottom of the pages.... I'll see if I can fix it.

propellerhead
2004-06-21, 12:53
Nevermind. I see that it's a problem with the *old* versions of Safari from 10.2.

I suggest upgrading or sticking with your other Mozilla browser temporarily.

Though, I personally think it's a problem with the new border that LoCash tried adding to the top and bottom of the pages.... I'll see if I can fix it.

Thanks for the prompt help. :)

You are correct, I'm still running 10.2.8 with an older version of Safari. Decided a while back not to upgrade to Panther.

However, the spacing problem is currently gone (Camino) so what ever you did it must have worked. :D

Cheers,
p.h.